Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited December 2015
    I dislike articles that sit on the fence ;0)

Sums the situation up perfectly.
  • Excellent summing up, but almost everyone knew we would end up here. The only question was how long would it take for him to be exposed for the rank amateur he is. His woeful comments on Saturday just served to emphasise how abject this appointment is. It is almost as if he heard Mourinho lambaste the Chelsea players after the Leicester game and came to the conclusion this is how real managers behave. That ended up well too.

Appreciate there is not much we can do. But while we must keep backing the players on the pitch, whatever clueless tactics they are being told to use, we must also make clear to Miere and Fraeye - not with abuse but with venom - that they are not, and will never be, wanted in SE7.
  • edited December 2015
    As mentioned in that blog, he pulled out the "11 players on the pitch, seven on the bench" line again after Saturday's game when asked about the strength of the squad.

The u15s must be fancying their chances of a game at the moment with all these 'injuries'' that keep happening......

• Pardew went quicker because of the vitriol directed at him. That 5-2 game was intense, lower West was rabid!

For a man that's stealing a living, it seems just that he receives abuse.

(SAL - a phrase used all too often but Quite appropriate for crafty Carole)

• excellent article that sums up the situation perfectly. have shared on twitter.
  • Good article.

It's time we made clear to Carol once and for all that he is not wanted here. (And from this time forward he must be called by his proper name, Carol).

Not really a great lover of abuse at football but when Carol walks to the bench at the next home game the lower West and North, in particular, should give him absolute pelters. Just make it clear he is not wanted.
  • edited December 2015
    First game v Sheff Wed were just 2 (TWO) fans giving him abuse as he walked and got to dugout. That's why we get what we deserve. Other clubs would pack out lower west to demonstrate.
  • Sponsored links:

• “To be fair, we’ve had an away game at Middlesbrough, an away game at Birmingham, an away game at Burnley and a home game against Ipswich."

Haha, this man's a genius! Just 3 of the 23 tough away games you'll have, none much harder than another, and one of the 23 tough home games. I really don't know how the players are still respecting him, being deadly honest as a young professional with my whole future ahead of me I'd want to be coached and guided by someone with a lot more skill and quantities than this man.

Even after almost two years, they are STILL underestimating this division. The games do not get any easier. This is the Championship. It has some of the best players in the country (because they can't get a game in the Prem due to foreign imports) and it is part funded on parachute payments from the Premier League, one of the richest leagues in the world, and TV money. Why do they not understand this?
  • Advert for Gaviscon at the bottom of the article - LOLs
  • Great article - eloquent as always.
  • A great article @ChicagoAddick, very well written and it sums up the entire RD regime. With all the comments about how the club is run, how the team are managed etc, across the many different Forums and blogs, the wave of feeling against the entire regime must have been picked up on by someone at the club. However we don't hear anything from any of them and even Richard Murray has disappeared off the radar!! You would think that KM or even RD would make an announcement of some sort, but NO the silence is deafening - again!! They have painted themselves into a corner, which they cant get out of and they only have themselves to blame!! They had an opportunity, as others have said, to be open and honest after the Wednesday and Brum games to announce that KF has always been the permanent manager they wanted and he has the role. Now after a string of really poor performances and results, they can't because they know they will lose any support they still have from the dwindling band of 'RD is a saviour' brigade!!
    The next 10 days will tell us how insane this regime is!!
  • edited December 2015
    braydex said:

.......Let me ask you all. If you were at work today, and all of a sudden, you were called in to be told you now reported directly to 'Brian'. 'Brian' has been at the company a few weeks. He's not as experienced as you, and doesn't know the industry you work in aswell as you. But you will now have your work set by him, report to him, and basically do as he says. He probably earns a lot less than you and you're semi aware he has wormed his way in to that position......how much respect would you have for him?

Sounds like some of the Graduates I had working with me ...............now where did I put that tin hat :wink:
  • “To be fair, we’ve had an away game at Middlesbrough, an away game at Birmingham, an away game at Burnley and a home game against Ipswich."

Haha, this man's a genius! Just 3 of the 23 tough away games you'll have, none much harder than another, and one of the 23 tough home games. I really don't know how the players are still respecting him, being deadly honest as a young professional with my whole future ahead of me I'd want to be coached and guided by someone with a lot more skill and quantities than this man.

Even after almost two years, they are STILL underestimating this division. The games do not get any easier. This is the Championship. It has some of the best players in the country (because they can't get a game in the Prem due to foreign imports) and it is part funded on parachute payments from the Premier League, one of the richest leagues in the world, and TV money. Why do they not understand this?
    Why do they not understand this? Blind arrogance bordering on bigotry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone know how Karel met Roland?
  • Trying to pick something positive out of that article. Could Carol be, not only the start of our problems, but also the end? It sounds like he has been groomed for the job from day one. But if it is proven, by results, league position etc, that not only his player selections are sub standard, but also his management abilities, then RD really has nowhere left to turn, other than to re evaluate his whole approach. Unless he has another lower league Belgian up his sleeve who has been scouting for us, advising Roland and following our every move. But I doubt that. I think Carol may well be the end game in terms of Roland's managerial experimentation. We just need to get him out ASAP to give ourselves a chance of avoiding the drop.
  • Does anyone know how Karel met Roland?

Please refer to him from now on by his proper name, Carol.

• I think that would be Grinder @RedMidland
  • LoOkOuT said:

I think that would be Grinder @RedMidland

It would be the Belgian equivalent. A sort of matchmaking for powerful dominant CEO businessman types who are looking for male slaves willing to try and manage an under funded football team in a foreign climate.

Role plays include working with unknown foreign players who have no experience of English 2nd tier football.

Roland gets a kick out of watching his men suffer in south london. All very new on the S&M scene
  • One point that rattles round my head is the complacency. The CEO's comment that " We believe we have a better squad than our position" is a classic misjudgement of ones own business, in my view. From all that I have seen and read, it would appear that our squad is somewhere between 19th to 24th in this league, but coupled with a manager who probably ranks 22nd to 24th, a management that ranks 20th to 24th and financing that runs at 22nd (if I recall correctly), it doesn't look too good.

I've known several businesses that have gone bust because they have believed they are unlucky, just having a bad run, think things will improve soon or simply believe that they are better than they think they are. In football terms, this means relegation.
  • Carol has to go, most Lifers would agree but would the majority who attend home matches also agree and if they did would they make their feelings known.
    To me this is the hub of the problem - how to make a coherent, polite but forceful protest to the club's management, someone has to organise it and for me it should be the Supporters Trust. On their website they state:

"Charlton Athletic Supporters' Trust has been formed to give fans a voice and to act as positive force to help preserve Charlton Athletic Football Club for its fans and community."

I therefore urge fellow Trust members to contact The Trust and urge them to stop trying to talk to Meire and to organise a supporters protest as soon as possible otherwise our club will fall into oblivion.

We would welcome mails from all Trust members right now, not least because there are differences between Board members at this time about tactics. Please just make sure we can tell you really are a Trust Member. Personally I'd find it helpful to know:

- were you in favour of our dialogue mandate 6-8 weeks ago, when our last survey said 80% were?

If so, why do you think we should abandon it now, rather than in 5 weeks time, when we've seen what happens in the window?

We will do our level best to reply individually to all mails (think we have yours already, LL) just please bear in mind it's Christmas and we all have similar obligations as everyone else at this time.

I do think LL that your comments about the protests are a little disrespectful, both to @Airman Brown, and to @Addickted2TheReds . Both have done a brilliant job, and nobody on the Trust board would presume to be able to do better. People are starting to give the impression on here that the Trust has some secret 1,000 strong army that it is holding back. Does anyone who is a Trust member feel that they are waiting for a Trust signal before joining organized protests? Well if you want a signal come to the Trust stall on 28th. I'll be the one in the black and white Swansea scarf

• Carol has to go, most Lifers would agree but would the majority who attend home matches also agree and if they did would they make their feelings known.
    To me this is the hub of the problem - how to make a coherent, polite but forceful protest to the club's management, someone has to organise it and for me it should be the Supporters Trust. On their website they state:

"Charlton Athletic Supporters' Trust has been formed to give fans a voice and to act as positive force to help preserve Charlton Athletic Football Club for its fans and community."

I therefore urge fellow Trust members to contact The Trust and urge them to stop trying to talk to Meire and to organise a supporters protest as soon as possible otherwise our club will fall into oblivion.

We would welcome mails from all Trust members right now, not least because there are differences between Board members at this time about tactics. Please just make sure we can tell you really are a Trust Member. Personally I'd find it helpful to know:

- were you in favour of our dialogue mandate 6-8 weeks ago, when our last survey said 80% were?

If so, why do you think we should abandon it now, rather than in 5 weeks time, when we've seen what happens in the window?

We will do our level best to reply individually to all mails (think we have yours already, LL) just please bear in mind it's Christmas and we all have similar obligations as everyone else at this time.

I do think LL that your comments about the protests are a little disrespectful, both to @Airman Brown, and to @Addickted2TheReds . Both have done a brilliant job, and nobody on the Trust board would presume to be able to do better. People are starting to give the impression on here that the Trust has some secret 1,000 strong army that it is holding back. Does anyone who is a Trust member feel that they are waiting for a Trust signal before joining organized protests? Well if you want a signal come to the Trust stall on 28th. I'll be the one in the black and white Swansea scarf

Who signs new managers in the window?