Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer window will explain all

Comments

• Seriously... after the way he was treated can you really see Kermogant coming back?
  • On another thread, Scabbyhorse saying Dervite and Kermorgant will be back in January.

If only.

Far from wishing to sound negative should this happen, would their addition to the squad solve our problems under an ill experienced manager whether it be KF or A N Other ?

Or would they join the ranks of the disillusioned players we have already ?

Good thought. It would be better they stayed away and we remembered them for who they were when we had good times.
  • Godstone said:

On this forum there have been various opinions about what is going on. The transfer window will tell us all we need to know. We're in a desperate situation and this is the opportunity to rectify it.

RD must act decisively in January - if he doesn't then it will be a clear signal that he has no ambition for Charlton and should go.

we say this every January, regardless of whose running the club!
  • Godstone said:

Godstone said:

On this forum there have been various opinions about what is going on. The transfer window will tell us all we need to know. We're in a desperate situation and this is the opportunity to rectify it.

RD must act decisively in January - if he doesn't then it will be a clear signal that he has no ambition for Charlton and should go.

The difference is that unless something is done in the next few weeks we will be relegated. We are not the worst team in the division - we have some good players but we are the frailest. Would you bet on us in a dogfight when the teams around us really start scrapping for points?
    no I wouldn't.

but we've never, in my memory, been prolific in the january transfer window.
  • Godstone said:

Godstone said:

The difference is that unless something is done in the next few weeks we will be relegated. We are not the worst team in the division - we have some good players but we are the frailest. Would you bet on us in a dogfight when the teams around us really start scrapping for points?
    The players have already given up so I cannot see them stepping up to the plate for a relegation scrap at the tail end of the season!
  • The window will not tell us anything we don't know and the Trust and others are mistaken to wait until it is over.

Sure, they will sign some much needed players. But nothing will have changed.

They may even appoint another coach but nothing will have changed.

It might even be enough to keep us up but nothing will have changed.

Because they will be more short term signings. And come next summer the squad will again be overhauled. Nothing will have changed.

The squad will again be too small, too inexperienced, too reliant on the academy. Nothing will have changed.

The coach will not have control over which players sign. Nothing will have changed.

The budget will still be set too low to make us competitive outside of the bottom 6 of this division, if we are still in this division. Nothing will have changed.

The CEO and her stooge will still mismanage the club. Nothing will have changed.

The owner will still believe he can make his mad experiment work despite all the available evidence. Nothing will have changed.

50 likes

I like to thank my agent.
  • The window will not tell us anything we don't know and the Trust and others are mistaken to wait until it is over.

Because they will be more short term signings. And come next summer the squad will again be overhauled. Nothing will have changed.

The squad will again be too small, too inexperienced, too reliant on the academy. Nothing will have changed.

The coach will not have control over which players sign. Nothing will have changed.

The budget will still be set too low to make us competitive outside of the bottom 6 of this division, if we are still in this division. Nothing will have changed.

The CEO and her stooge will still mismanage the club. Nothing will have changed.

The owner will still believe he can make his mad experiment work despite all the available evidence. Nothing will have changed.

50 likes

Media tart.

50 likes

Media tart.
    Takes one to know one.

: - )

• Sponsored links:

50 likes

Back down to just 17 now Henners. Never take your audience for granted ;-)
  • This will be the first transfer window in years that won't leave me feeling disappointed, as I know they will match all expectations.......... :neutral:

• I've seen the future. An hour left of the transfer window - no signings, complete silence from the club, shrugs and disappointment all round.

Standard procedure.
  • Godstone said:

Godstone said:

Our results against the teams around us suggest we are relegation material.

• I've seen the future. An hour left of the transfer window - no signings, complete silence from the club, shrugs and disappointment all round.

Standard procedure.

You forgot the unsubstantiated rumours about Yann, Gradel and anyone else they can think of.
  • Godstone said:

Godstone said:

Our results against the teams around us suggest we are relegation material.
    He is right though, we aren't the worst team in the division.......we are currently the second worst team in the division ;)

Standard procedure.

Except we always sign players under RD. Might only be more Nego's, Thuram's or Lepoint's, but we have always brought a few players in.
  • "We identified a number of players that we thought would make good acquisitions however we won't do deals that financially make no sense for the club so we chose not to progress with any of our targets. We think the squad we have is strong enough to avoid relegation as it is".
  • edited December 2015
    Scoham said:

I've seen the future. An hour left of the transfer window - no signings, complete silence from the club, shrugs and disappointment all round.

Standard procedure.

Except we always sign players under RD. Might only be more Nego's, Thuram's or Lepoint's, but we have always brought a few players in.
    It's just like Christmas, can't wait to see who we get :wink: .................oh hang on a minute........... to be fair last years intake of two British journeyman and a World Cup winner in the twilight of his career got the job done so still a small glimmer of hope :open_mouth:
  • edited December 2015
    Whatever happens some prize prat 'head coach' will tell he is more than satisfied with the squad he has.
  • Sponsored links:

• I dont have faith in KM's ability to negotiate effectively for player fees or manage our limited budget efficiently, and given her incompetence I doubt we'll make all the squad changes we need to in Jan.

I honestly think the only move that will keep us up is bringing in a manger who knows what he's doing and earns the respect of the players. Everything else at this stage is secondary.
  • edited December 2015
    Addicted said:

I dont have faith in KM's ability to negotiate effectively for player fees or manage our limited budget efficiently, and given her incompetence I doubt we'll make all the squad changes we need to in Jan.

I honestly think the only move that will keep us up is bringing in a manger who knows what he's doing and earns the respect of the players. Everything else at this stage is secondary.

We seriously do need some more bodies though, that bench at Burnley offered nothing. So for me a new manager / coach first before the transfer window opens, with financial backing and no interference to get some reinforcements in is a must if we are to have any chance of avoiding the drop. Not my preferred option but as a bare minimum bin KF off and move JE into the hot seat at least he's played professionally and understands our club!
  • I think it's absolutely clear that failing to bring in at least 3 experienced championship / Premier League quality players would be suicide both in a football and business sense.

On the second basis alone I expect there to be signings.

If they do this one on the cheap then RD gets everything he deserves in terms of reduced income next year.

As always the real sufferers will be us or at least those of us still bothered enough to care.

• Had a dream last night that we had sold all our best players during the home game against Wolves ( sod the transfer window! ) and the ground had been reduced in size to make it look full. Need to spend less time on CL......
  • edited December 2015
    Scoham said:

I've seen the future. An hour left of the transfer window - no signings, complete silence from the club, shrugs and disappointment all round.

Standard procedure.

yeah and what a waste of time they were!
  • edited December 2015
    January Window:-

All approaches for our good players accepted for less than they are worth; poorer replacements brought in who are (1) CHEAP and probably without Championship experience. (2) at the end of their careers. (3) have an undisclosed injury history.

Consequences:-

Short term impact? Maybe. More academy players forced into the first team before their time. Weekly struggle to stay up. Carol made permanent coach. Fans leaving in their droves. CL in uproar.

Happy New Year.

Oh, and the same next year and the next year and...........................

However, a win on Saturday will blow the clouds away and the sun will come out and we will feel good, for a few days, until the next humiliation.
  • Remember when we were told RD taking over was a good thing because it meant we would no longer have to let our players go for peanuts?
  • rikofold said:

Remember when we were told RD taking over was a good thing because it meant we would no longer have to let our players go for peanuts?

That was Murray talking about academy players. To be fair it was probably too late for RD to do much about Poyet and we got more for Gomez than we have for any other academy player since Parker. He was also the best player we've brought through in recent years, keeping him here was always going to be difficult. Clubs had known about him for a while and no doubt he could have gone much earlier than he did.

No one else has been sold yet and this ownership has done a better job at tying young players to longer term contracts than the last one.

What happens with Lookman in January might tell us more. I'm not sure he'd step up to the Prem as quickly as Gomez did, we really should have no reason to sell him so soon.
  • Steve Sidwell allowed to leave Stoke, at 33 could he be an attacking midfielder who could do a job for us or too similar to JJ? Loftus Cheek not getting a game at Chelsea, big time charlie or worth a dabble for a few months?