Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer window will explain all

Comments

• Croydon said:

Whatever happens in January will merely be papering over the cracks, and I'm not so sure we can find paper big enough to cover the casms we have forming.

I find your spelling annoying ... it's cHasms
    Like casms though. Does it matter wich?
  • Croydon said:

Croydon said:

Whatever happens in January will merely be papering over the cracks, and I'm not so sure we can find paper big enough to cover the casms we have forming.

Fair play, I deserve that one

lol .. truce .. Merry Christmas ((:>)
    Aww, it's enough to make your heart melt it really is... :-)
    such a cynic ... as far as your Christmas goes .. you can f*** orf ((:>)
  • iaitch said:

Who are these good number of well qualified Championship Managers are kicking their heels at home?

iaitch said:

Who are these good number of well qualified Championship Managers are kicking their heels at home?

Curbs, Powell and Pearson for three.
    Michael Laudrup , Nigel Pearson , Harry redknapp
  • Croydon said:

Croydon said:

If something bad happens to me over christmas then I know who to blame... :-)
  • Croydon said:

Croydon said:

you mean (e.g.) if we fail to score 6 at Bristol or Santa gets stuck in the fireplace ?
  • Croydon said:

Croydon said:

you mean (e.g.) if we fail to score 6 at Bristol or Santa gets stuck in the fireplace ?
    really .. have a nice one and get ready for the tension of 'the January Window'
  • Watt sold - undisclosed fee.
    Fringe players out on loan

Free agents and old men to come in on loan.

To be honest as long as the free agents and old men are experienced and capable in this division i'd happily take that. We need at least 5-6 of them!
  • edited December 2015
    And we need them in before the Huddersfield game on 12th Jan. If we wait all the way till the last day of the window & hear 'we were working on a couple of deals but failed to get them over the line' again, I will be well pissed off. The club have known for ages that the squad is woefully inadequate so the 5-6 players we desperately need should be lined up to come in early. They apparently have been working on them for weeks so its time for the management to deliver...we will be bottom by the end of Jan if they don't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:

You don't need a capital H

2nd from bottom, dwindling support, crazy decisions and now spelling issues!
  • Godstone said:

Croydon said:

Life's a bitch
  • Croydon said:

Godstone said:

Croydon said:

mind your business boys .. it's a private joke between @Croydon and myself .. find other targets to snipe at
  • Croydon said:

Godstone said:

Croydon said:

mind your business boys .. it's a private joke between @Croydon and myself .. find other targets to snipe at
    Easy targets are alway best ;0)

• Croydon said:

Croydon said:

really .. have a nice one and get ready for the tension of 'the January Window'
    Cheers fella - you too.
  • I know the squad is thin and we need some depth, but surely it's the lack of an experienced manager that's the problem. The transfer window isn't going to solve that. Our first XI is decent - or would be in the hands of a capable manager.
  • I can't see us signing anyone of note. Let's face it, we haven't got Standard Liege to fall back on anymore
  • The window will not tell us anything we don't know and the Trust and others are mistaken to wait until it is over.

Sure, they will sign some much needed players. But nothing will have changed.

They may even appoint another coach but nothing will have changed.

It might even be enough to keep us up but nothing will have changed.

Because they will be more short term signings. And come next summer the squad will again be overhauled. Nothing will have changed.

The squad will again be too small, too inexperienced, too reliant on the academy. Nothing will have changed.

The coach will not have control over which players sign. Nothing will have changed.

The budget will still be set too low to make us competitive outside of the bottom 6 of this division, if we are still in this division. Nothing will have changed.

The CEO and her stooge will still mismanage the club. Nothing will have changed.

The owner will still believe he can make his mad experiment work despite all the available evidence. Nothing will have changed.

So, tell me Henry, do you think anything will change
  • Sponsored links:

• The window will not tell us anything we don't know and the Trust and others are mistaken to wait until it is over.

Sure, they will sign some much needed players. But nothing will have changed.

They may even appoint another coach but nothing will have changed.

It might even be enough to keep us up but nothing will have changed.

Because they will be more short term signings. And come next summer the squad will again be overhauled. Nothing will have changed.

The squad will again be too small, too inexperienced, too reliant on the academy. Nothing will have changed.

The coach will not have control over which players sign. Nothing will have changed.

The budget will still be set too low to make us competitive outside of the bottom 6 of this division, if we are still in this division. Nothing will have changed.

The CEO and her stooge will still mismanage the club. Nothing will have changed.

The owner will still believe he can make his mad experiment work despite all the available evidence. Nothing will have changed.

I totally agree, it seems to me that the basic ethos of RD and Meire wants changing and that is not going to happen. There are some people that are hoping for a miracle come January. I believe that there will be changes but I very much doubt that it will save us.
  • I think henry is right; it is however 50;50 whether we stay up regardless of what we do as you only need a few injuries to put paid to the best laid plans with new signings. I think psychologically being as powerless as we are we protest with the black and white scarf and anything else respectful but visual and maybe the poster idea again but perhaps weekly just bring the same poster in each home game and stand up on the second minute. Anyway take control of what we can do rather than moan about what we cannot. We cant sign, sack, loan or lend anyone be it player or manager or owner. But we can continue to protest as this business model is broke and needs a re-think.
  • With every player fit apart from Kashi in the new year, we can then add any youth player over 17, and hey presto, we have a big enough squad, we do not need any transfers in:-)
  • we'll need to make sure that any incomers are battle hardy and match fit .. recent signings Makienok, Kashi, Ceballos, Vetokele, Moussa (both fairly recent) and Reza have all missed a LOT of games injured ..Vaz Te limped off on Saturday .. someone questioned elsewhere (I paraphrase) 'are we getting other clubs knackered cast offs ?' .. to state the blindingly obvious, anyone we sign in the new year needs to be fit, motivated, ready to go and will not crumple and need major surgery shortly after the first time they're tackled
  • we'll need to make sure that any incomers are battle hardy and match fit .. recent signings Makienok, Kashi, Ceballos, Vetokele, Moussa (both fairly recent) and Reza have all missed a LOT of games injured ..Vaz Te limped off on Saturday .. someone questioned elsewhere (I paraphrase) 'are we getting other clubs knackered cast offs ?' .. to state the blindingly obvious, anyone we sign in the new year needs to be fit, motivated, ready to go and will not crumple and need major surgery shortly after the first time they're tackled

And they will cost money, do you honestly believe RD will pay out?
  • ross1 said:

we'll need to make sure that any incomers are battle hardy and match fit .. recent signings Makienok, Kashi, Ceballos, Vetokele, Moussa (both fairly recent) and Reza have all missed a LOT of games injured ..Vaz Te limped off on Saturday .. someone questioned elsewhere (I paraphrase) 'are we getting other clubs knackered cast offs ?' .. to state the blindingly obvious, anyone we sign in the new year needs to be fit, motivated, ready to go and will not crumple and need major surgery shortly after the first time they're tackled

this is the $64,000 question .. I am sure that he will, unless he is so bloody minded and cheesed off at all the 'protest' and abuse hurled his way that he's said 'bollocks, it's div 3 for me (div 1 in new money)
  • edited December 2015
    sammy391 said:

iaitch said:

iaitch said:

Curbs, Powell and Pearson for three.
    Michael Laudrup , Nigel Pearson , Harry redknapp
    Unfortunately none of these would even consider working under these clueless clowns. No manger worth his salt would take a job managing the club in the current situation.

More likely to be somebody wandering around a Belgian job centre.
  • ross1 said:

we'll need to make sure that any incomers are battle hardy and match fit .. recent signings Makienok, Kashi, Ceballos, Vetokele, Moussa (both fairly recent) and Reza have all missed a LOT of games injured ..Vaz Te limped off on Saturday .. someone questioned elsewhere (I paraphrase) 'are we getting other clubs knackered cast offs ?' .. to state the blindingly obvious, anyone we sign in the new year needs to be fit, motivated, ready to go and will not crumple and need major surgery shortly after the first time they're tackled

Yes, he will pay out the fees received for Watt and anyone else they move on. The problem is who, of any decent standard, would want to sign for us? If they are of Championship standard then they are already at a Club higher than us in the league and why would they swop them for a basket case of a Club, a Club likely to be in League 1 next season and a Club with the third smallest budget in the league so unlikely to be increasing their wages much. Some have mentioned free agents but at this stage of the season any left around are obviously not good enough or not fit enough. We may want to finally bring in Championship players but doing so in my opinion is highly unlikely.
  • ross1 said:

Yes, he will pay out the fees received for Watt and anyone else they move on. The problem is who, of any decent standard, would want to sign for us? If they are of Championship standard then they are already at a Club higher than us in the league and why would they swop them for a basket case of a Club, a Club likely to be in League 1 next season and a Club with the third smallest budget in the league so unlikely to be increasing their wages much. Some have mentioned free agents but at this stage of the season any left around are obviously not good enough or not fit enough. We may want to finally bring in Championship players but doing so in my opinion is highly unlikely.
    Since when has that stopped RD bringing them in, most of our transfers are of that ilk