Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer window will explain all

On this forum there have been various opinions about what is going on. The transfer window will tell us all we need to know. We're in a desperate situation and this is the opportunity to rectify it.

RD must act decisively in January - if he doesn't then it will be a clear signal that he has no ambition for Charlton and should go.

Comments

• Hopefully he is going to buy some players than can play for a whole match and don't give up if a goal is scored against them at the 44 minute mark......
  • Watt sold - undisclosed fee.
    Fringe players out on loan

Free agents and old men to come in on loan.
  • edited December 2015
    Let's be honest any players coming in will be funded by sales first.

We already know Watt is going for 1m so any players comin in will be out of this plus his wages
  • Free agents and old men to come in on loan.

The club do not like old men or women. (KM has stated that).
  • If anybody comes in it will be more dross from the minor leagues of the continent.
  • Watt out, Bergdich out, use money to sign 4 free transfers, with any luck 1 or 2 may be OK. Will not buy anyone in January, we are desperate so the transfer fees will be high, certainly no one decent from this country, we may get someone we have never heard of from abroad and be told he cost over £1m.
  • Sponsored links:

• On another thread, Scabbyhorse saying Dervite and Kermorgant will be back in January.

If only.
  • On another thread, Scabbyhorse saying Dervite and Kermorgant will be back in January.

If only.

If that were to happen then they are basically admitting the squad was better when they took over and "progress" is trying to patch it up to get it back how it was. Will never happen.
  • Based on this summer's recruitment campaign, and the amount of crap we have had in the last 2 years, I don't trust anyone they bring in. Even our so called better signings haven't lasted long if you take Watt as an example. This window will be yet another display of their incompetence
  • LordDofB said:

Phil Chapple is no longer there to source any decent players.

RD will only say no if he was still here, why do you think he left?

If only.

Far from wishing to sound negative should this happen, would their addition to the squad solve our problems under an ill experienced manager whether it be KF or A N Other ?

Or would they join the ranks of the disillusioned players we have already ?

If only.

Far from wishing to sound negative should this happen, would their addition to the squad solve our problems under an ill experienced manager whether it be KF or A N Other ?

Or would they join the ranks of the disillusioned players we have already ?

The latter I should imagine Fanny.
  • Seems like every transfer window under RD is meant to have been the important one that answers all our questions but they never end well.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    A major problem now and more so in future with the 'transfer windows' so far as I can see is that as more and more foreigners come into the PL and FL, there are fewer and fewer experienced, good quality English/British professionals coming onto the market. Many have earned well for years and are looking more for a quiet life in 'semi retirement'. Lots of average and mediocre footballers will be available, few who can or could make a big difference. The Roger Johnsons of the world can go to the USA or Thailand, India, Australia, lots of places where the demands are less, the wages as good or better and they can live abroad for a while experiencing the good life whilst boosting their pension funds.
    So, the few men of quality will be in big demand and will go to the QPRs, the Middlesbroughs, the Brightons of this world where the owners are happy to shell out big bucks for short term contracts to either boost promotion prospects or in the hopes of avoiding relegation.
    Many of the foreigners playing over here will return home to their national leagues having made enough money in England to set them up for life. A parsimonious, not very prosperous, increasingly unfashionable club such as ours will struggle to sign quality playing staff in such an environment
  • Who are these good number of well qualified Championship Managers are kicking their heels at home?
  • Whatever happens in January will merely be papering over the cracks, and I'm not so sure we can find paper big enough to cover the casms we have forming.
  • Croydon said:

Whatever happens in January will merely be papering over the cracks, and I'm not so sure we can find paper big enough to cover the casms we have forming.

I find your spelling annoying ... it's cHasms
  • iaitch said:

Who are these good number of well qualified Championship Managers are kicking their heels at home?

iaitch said:

Who are these good number of well qualified Championship Managers are kicking their heels at home?

Curbs, Powell and Pearson for three.
  • Croydon said:

Whatever happens in January will merely be papering over the cracks, and I'm not so sure we can find paper big enough to cover the casms we have forming.

Fair play, I deserve that one

• Croydon said:

Croydon said:

lol .. truce .. Merry Christmas ((:>)
  • Croydon said:

Croydon said:

lol .. truce .. Merry Christmas ((:>)
    Aww, it's enough to make your heart melt it really is... :-)