Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

LISTEN: Karel Fraeye interview after Burnley

13»

Comments

• I don't feel sorry for a man who is under-qualified and consistently threatens players of which he has recruited and he coaches that aren't performing on match days.. He's a damn right liar, and he think's he's putting out interviews that no-ones listening to. If his interviews were on MOTD he would be ripped to shreds, no coach should be happy with less than half of a game performing 'better' (in his eyes).. because it's pretty damn obvious that that is us at our 100% max and other teams are just stepping into gear, and once they're at their level we get ripped open.

I'm just glad I don't attend this shitstorm he is putting out for us, the trio of cancers are succeeding at bringing our great club down. RD, KM & KF take a bow guys.

I have a worrying feeling in Belgium's Division 3 you get a bonus point for "playing well for the first half", hence his constant trilling about this kind of crap.
  • Bizarre comments which shows he has lost the plot (if he ever had it) which is good news as RD isn't afraid to change managers. Bad news a replacement will be another Belgian

I think we have been through them all. We may have go back to the beginning and start again.
  • Were we the better team for 44 minutes?

Yeah we probably were to be fair - but we didn't score in those 44 minutes. They were the better for the next 46 mins and scored four times so his point is completely irrelevant.
  • that interview has made me so angry.

Trying to say that the reason we have lost so many games so far under him is because we have had harder games, that is ok then you crack on then mate.
  • edited December 2015
    "This is Charlton's biggest defeat of the season, Is this the lowest point in your managerial career ?"

Might be new territory for us but it isn't Karel Fraeye's first 4-0 defeat of the season because on 11th of October his VW Hamme side were smashed 4-0 at home in the Belgian 3rd division (regional league A). Two weeks later he was given the Charlton job.

• se9addick said:

"This is Charlton's biggest defeat of the season, Is this the lowest point in your managerial career ?"

Might be new territory for us but it isn't Karel Fraeye's first 4-0 defeat of the season because on 11th of October his VW Hamme side were smashed 4-0 at home in the Belgian 3rd division (regional league A). Two weeks later he was given the Charlton job.

If it was so bad it would be funny.

This sums up why Roland will never be good for us and we need to focus on getting him out, i dont even think it is worth trying for tlk or for him to change his plan, he wont he is to arrogant for that.
  • edited December 2015
    Think about it though. Karel scouted and influenced these players coming in, so they are his players so that means interim 'manager'. It's also turning out to be longer than interim so that makes him manager. I prefer that term. ;) But with respect he is out of his depth.
  • In a quiet moment between thinking up her next stupid marketing wheeze, Miere must realise that KF is going nowehere. While she doesn't give a toss what that means to Charlton, even she knows it won't look good on her CV.
  • Think about it though. Karel scouted and influenced these players coming in, so they are his players so that means interim 'manager'. It's also turning out to be longer than interim so that makes him manager. I prefer that term. ;) But with respect he is out of his depth.

Do we know that Fraeye scouted Ba? (from Sunderland) Ceballos? (from Spurs), Moussa? (from Coventry), Diarra? (West Ham), Henderson? (West Ham) or was he just responsible for the ones that came from abroad like Gudmonsson, Reza, Bergdich, Watt, Bauer, Makienok and Sarr?

We do know that he didn't scout Jackson, Solly, Fox, Cousins, THD, Ahearne-Grant and probably Lookman.
  • It's odd that he's reached this level with next to no track record. I can only imagine that people get taken in by the authorative deep tone of his voice and that fact that he comes across as being a good and intelligent communicator. Unfortunately it takes other qualities to be a good football manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's odd that he's reached this level with next to no track record. I can only imagine that people get taken in by the authorative deep tone of his voice and that fact that he comes across as being a good and intelligent communicator. Unfortunately it takes other qualities to be a good football manager.

It does. At Charlton, you have to have Belgian connections above any footballing attributes
  • Not sure if the link has stopped working or my Ipad does not like it but I can't hear which is maybe a blessing. I actually gave the guy a chance and hoped he would prove us all wrong. Seems like I was daft and he is useless.
  • Getting rid of this joke of a manager should be the focus of all our demonstrations.

It is the only protest that will unite all our supporters and when and if successful and we get a manager with championship eexperience it will be the first indication that the penny will have dropped to RD.
  • That was painful.

He's getting to the stage Luzon did. He's contradicting himself now as he searches for excuses, I can't figure out why he's blaming the age of the squad and then praising the mentality of it. We might have edged the first 40-odd minutes but it means bugger all if you don't score and are then wiped out for the next hour, you can't talk in these kind of breakdowns and you won't stay up with them either, that's for sure. Fraeye has good conversational English, far better than his predecessor, he's avoided the questions about transfers because I doubt he knows himself. He knows the owner all too well but remember he, out of all our previous coaches since CP, buys into this ridiculous model the most as he has been a scouting adviser to RD for sometime. I'd trust him about as much as I'd trust Meire.

The praise for the fans is empty as well. Of course he's going to come out and say that, it's a loaded question and it's a loaded answer. Given how the club have insulted the supporters through decisions, performances and not so much their level of interaction with us, but rather their nature of it, he could offer me all that lies under his Christmas tree and I still wouldn't be touched it.
  • edited December 2015
    Not touched on but not only is he (KF) inept but Jason Euell never struck me as the sharpest knife in the box and despite progress of his youth protegés, I'd guess their success was down to wider circumstances. The sacking of Damian Matthew seems bizarre in the face of JC's promotion. Our club is defined by yes men (women).

He's been gone too long!
  • The blokes not fit for purpose, same as the owner and Pinocchio.

We have regressed over the last 2 years and at this rate we'll be relegated by Easter.

And what if by some miracle we stay up, more of the same next season no doubt.

Nobody be surprised if Lookman, JBG and others are gone by the end of January.

Pinocchio will just feed us another barrow load of verbal diarrhea and present us with another Del Boy interim frigging coach.

And as Henry said earlier, nothing will have changed.

Only bright spot, I'm looking forward to a trip to Park View Road on Boxing Day v Dover.

Happy Christmas everyone!