Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley v Charlton | Sat 19 Dec | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Asked Len Goodman he said......Seven.
  • Already shredded self-belief must have been tested even more with squandering of six points against Brighton and Bolton. Hard to see how we can turn this round, and even if we take an early lead can't see any way we have the tactics or sense to hold on to it.
  • So we pretty much know that if we take a lead, even a two goal lead, we will be pegged back, and if we go behind, we won’t get back into it. We also know we are generally good for gifting a goal or two, it would be a fool who predicts anything other than a defeat. 1 nil or 2-nil for me.
  • Feel a real dicking coming on and not in a good way.

However my £10 on a Charlton win will still be winging its way to Stanley James i expect. A fool and his money are soonest parted n all!
  • Sadly the least said about his game the better! They have a great manager, we have a hmmm carol singer who shouldn't be singing at this level ;)
  • So we pretty much know that if we take a lead, even a two goal lead, we will be pegged back, and if we go behind, we won’t get back into it. We also know we are generally good for gifting a goal or two, it would be a fool who predicts anything other than a defeat. 1 nil or 2-nil for me.

I'm sure a 1-nil defeat will be lauded as a great performance by our owner and CEO. Pathetic really!
  • Another nail biter - so much so that I'm going to avoid all social media, news, anything until its over. Can't take it any more - especially when you read (on the BBC review): "The Addicks have dropped 13 points from leading situations this season, no Championship side has lost more". Its always been a bit this way - but even if we are winning 3-0 - I won't believe it until the whistle is blown!
  • A shock draw, poor first half but a fight back for the second half. Owner sends Fraeye his congratulations for a good half of football.
  • --------Hendo---------
    -Solly-Bauer-Lennon-THD
    --------Diarra---------
    ---Cousins---Jackson---
    -Reza-------------Lookman
    --------Vaz Te-----------

Sounds like JBG needs a rest.
  • 3-0 defeat obviously. This game is easy...
  • Sponsored links:

• 7-1 to Burnley , but that's OK because we go 1-0 up and dominate the first five minutes.
  • Pedro45 said:

Park the bus!

Henderson
    Solly
    Bauer
    Lennon
    Fox
    Charles-Cook
    Cousins
    Diarra
    Holmes-Dennis
    Reza
    Vaz Te

Subs: Pope, Sarr, Jackson, Ba, Moussa, KAG, Makienok

I was discussing this first thing this morning and this was my choice of line up. When things were going wrong Curbs liked the wide players to be able to defend and the two youngsters are not too shabby going forward.
  • Can't see much joy from this one. A game like Tuesdays could have destroyed what little confidence we possessed.
  • The last time two Burnley players scored two hat tricks in the same League match was Feb 1983 at home to Charlton.

Five goals in the final 13 minutes made it 7-1 against a Simonsen 'inspired' Addicks side.
  • Still think a heavy defeat is on its way soon. Not sure it will be here though as Burnley will probably just settle for a low scoring 3 points. 3-0 Burnley and the misery continues.
  • I think a sneaky win
  • been reading the Lancashire Telegraph .. lots of write ups about Burnley .. AND hints (nothing overt) that the loss of form started with the arrival of Barton, hints that he slows the game down too much .. Burnley might have a few changes tomorrow ..girl who works here in the hotel seems to know a lot about Hennings, a recent German import @ Burnley .. she says he hopes to start tomorrow ..
    There is also a decent little interview with Fraeye .. see if you can get a butchers online
  • been reading the Lancashire Telegraph .. lots of write ups about Burnley .. AND hints (nothing overt) that the loss of form started with the arrival of Barton, hints that he slows the game down too much .. Burnley might have a few changes tomorrow ..girl who works here in the hotel seems to know a lot about Hennings, a recent German import @ Burnley .. she says he hopes to start tomorrow ..
    There is also a decent little interview with Fraeye .. see if you can get a butchers online

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14153666.Now_is_a_good_time_to_play_Burnley__says_interim_Charlton_Athletic_boss/

Lots of incomprehensible to an outsider, Burnley Blackburn banter in the comments!
  • I think we will lose, but I'm goingbto find out what odds I can get for a Makienok hat-trick. Anyone want £10 at 200:1?
  • Sponsored links:

• You mean if he wins three aerial challenges in ninety minutes.
  • edited December 2015
    colin1961 said:

Lancashire and the three B 's
    Bolton Blackburn and Burnley we have never really done well at these grounds turf moor more so then most remember 7 goals going past us ...... just can't see us breaking the spell and the usual 3-0 seems to appear over the horizon .....
    Injuries to Gudmunsson and Lookman ( the dickheads who shouted me down look well dickheads now ) it's going to be all change with Ollie Muldoon travelling with the squad

The 7-1 was in 1983! We've only played up there four times since 2008, five times since 1996 winning a league cup tie 2-1. We also won 1-0 in Nov 2012 which I was fortunate to witness. The heaviest loss at Turf Moor in recent times was 3-0 when they got promoted in 2013 however having come straight back down they will be a very tough proposition and I'd take a draw now.
  • We've managed to find someone worse than us on current form , doesn't matter how pony they are we will manage to find a way not to win
    I'll be happy with a point as this exciting experiment continues its exciting way
  • Bauer back, Diarra back into midfield.
    Gives us a better chance, but who's gonna score with Lookman probably not available?
    Still, hoping this is the game Vaz Te comes good and scores a late winner. Heart says 0 - 1, head says 3 - 0.
  • edited December 2015
    RedChaser said:

colin1961 said:

Lancashire and the three B 's
    Bolton Blackburn and Burnley we have never really done well at these grounds turf moor more so then most remember 7 goals going past us ...... just can't see us breaking the spell and the usual 3-0 seems to appear over the horizon .....
    Injuries to Gudmunsson and Lookman ( the dickheads who shouted me down look well dickheads now ) it's going to be all change with Ollie Muldoon travelling with the squad

The 7-1 was in 1983! We've only played up there four times since 2008, five times since 1996 winning a league cup tie 2-1. We also won 1-0 in Nov 2012 which I was fortunate to witness. The heaviest loss at Turf Moor in recent times was 3-0 when they got promoted in 2013 however having come straight back down they will be a very tough proposition and I'd take a draw now.
    was there for the 3-0 when Vokes and Ings dissected Morrison. But since then they've lost Trippier, Shackell and Ings, on the positive side they have gained Keane, Boyd and the overrated, terrific self publicist Barton .. Vokes and Kightly are not the forces they once were, the team depends a LOT on spirit and (I suspect) the urgings of old gravel voice Dyche, We will see
  • Don't care (sad I know that it's come to that) I will be on a Xmas lash up in bexleyheath and won't give a flying fig
  • 5-1 drubbing. Lookman to add £5 on his sale price by scoring our goal.
  • I have now slept on my previous prediction of a good dicking and we will take a damn good thrashing, 5-0. Still put a tenner on for us to win though.... doh!
  • Can't see beyond a Burnley win, 2-0 to them