Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley v Charlton | Sat 19 Dec | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• 3-0 defeat
  • 2-1 defeat. A good showing against one of the better sides in the league.
  • Burnley are a bit out of form - no win from their last six.

They play very differently to Brighton though (Burnley give up possession and sit deep) so we're unlikely to be able to hit them on the counter.

But a battling 1-1 draw isn't out of the question.
  • 3-0 Defeat I'm afraid
  • 1StevieG said:

So far under Fraeyes management the results have gone 2 losses, 2 wins, 2 losses, 2 draws. My money is not on another level result. What is it with this number 2?!!!!

It's always the bridesmaid but never the bride!
  • edited December 2015
    Based on the last two performances against very weak opposition, it's very tough to see much in the way of optimism. I hope I can find an interim job and still be employed after producing this sort of shambles.

However, Bauer's return will make a difference and release our best player back into midfield. If Carol stops playing 4 strikers and added some strength in midfield (as per Linc's suggestion above) it might give us a half a chance of a point. With our usual one man midfield of Cousins (or Diarra) we will get wiped out.

Let's hope Mr Dyche has an off day or is overwhelmed with Christmas spirit and Mr Fraeye goes carol singing for the day.

1-1 (ho ho ho)
    or 3-0 (Ba humbug with own goal)

• 1-7. Hales and Aizlewood sent off.
  • 0-3 (Ba,2, and Big Mak)
  • 3-0 defeat.
  • We will score a couple but it still won't be enough.

4.2 to The Clarets
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolute nailed on defeat with Mr Interim being name permanent manager afterwards.

2-0
  • Don't think they have scored for ages and we are totally crap so 4-0.
  • 1-1 draw as Burnley huff and puff to break down our parked bus

If Lookman and JBG are injury doubts, I'd rest both of them. Diarra in midfield, maybe Ba as well. Vaz Te and Reza up top.

I can somehow see Morgan Fox playing as well
  • cant see past a 3-0 defeat
  • Park the bus!

Henderson
    Solly
    Bauer
    Lennon
    Fox
    Charles-Cook
    Cousins
    Diarra
    Holmes-Dennis
    Reza
    Vaz Te

Subs: Pope, Sarr, Jackson, Ba, Moussa, KAG, Makienok
  • With Burnley not having won in six I suppose we could be favourites!
  • A narrow 17-18 to us.
  • We are due a win.
    2-0 Charlton.
    The Christmas revival starts; get ready for tea and medals at the playoff final.
  • pick our 11 fittest players and battle for a point.
    Hendo
    Solly Bauer Sarr fox
    Ba cousins diarra Reza THD
    Mak

Save lookman for more winnable games over xmas

1-1
  • Quote from above
    ''Save lookman for more winnable games over xmas''

we can't beat Bolton, Rotherham, Leeds, Fulham, Huddersfield at home - what do you think our winnable games are?
  • Sponsored links:

• Quote from above
    ''Save lookman for more winnable games over xmas''

we can't beat Bolton, Rotherham, Leeds, Fulham, Huddersfield at home - what do you think our winnable games are?

Our last 4 home games are boro bham brighton and burnley so unless we win our next 6 home games were fucked.
  • 1-7. Hales and Aizlewood sent off.

I was there. Burnley had a player called Dobson and there was some kind of bad blood between him and Killer. It kicked off at the home game that season too.

Back to the present. 3-0 Burnley - if we're lucky!
  • KF said:
    “They have a recognisable style of play and we know what to expect there. We maybe go there at a good time, though. They haven’t scored in their last three games or won in their last six.
    What is the betting that this is where they start scoring again
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-karel-fraeye-burnley-football-club-2856597.aspx#RelfzSggrJdw2IGB.99
  • It's nearly Christmas. If I knock back a few clarets before the kick off, I might believe we can beat The Clarets. However, I expect much whining at around 4.55pm.
  • 1-0 Burnley. Tough game this
  • Makienok hat-trick with left foot first from 5 yards, right footed 20 yard screamer and a bullet header from around 10.

Haven't written a Christmas list for a while and I'm sure I've been good(ish) so got to be worth a try.
  • 4-0 Burnley, we may finish with 11-players though so yay
  • Charlton 1- 47 Burnley
  • Rob said:

We turn up for the big boys. We'll probably win this one.

My first thought, exactly

• 6-0 Burnley ... one of the worst performances in the history of Charlton Athletic ... an utter shambles... Karel made permanent after the game .... Roland plan becomes clearer...