Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BURNLEY

Comments

• cabbles said:

Cricket club is fine, car park, right behind ground, cheap and food fine. Not a place for a crawl though...

Nice one. I ended up parking in a residential estate last time. I have never feared for my car so match during a game! Do you have to get there early to park at the cricket club?
    there's a big park/heath about five/ten mins walk from the ground .. THURSFIELD ROAD BB10 4EL .. is a long road by the park .. parked there several times, it's safe and it's FREE .. check it on google map
    If ever there was an open invite into a dogging trap, this was it
    now .. let me tell you a story ... hahahahaha ((:>)
  • cabbles said:

Cricket club is fine, car park, right behind ground, cheap and food fine. Not a place for a crawl though...

Nice one. I ended up parking in a residential estate last time. I have never feared for my car so match during a game! Do you have to get there early to park at the cricket club?
    there's a big park/heath about five/ten mins walk from the ground .. THURSFIELD ROAD BB10 4EL .. is a long road by the park .. parked there several times, it's safe and it's FREE .. check it on google map
    Stanleeeeey that's another fine mess you've got me into!
  • edited December 2015
    RedChaser said:

cabbles said:

Stanleeeeey that's another fine mess you've got me into!
    hahahah .. roll up .. roll up .. Stanley (Colly the More, VERY topical) might be there ((:>)

• Nice one. I ended up parking in a residential estate last time. I have never feared for my car so match during a game! Do you have to get there early to park at the cricket club?

I usually arrive at 2.30 and no problem
  • very understandable FF, we'll give the lads a cheer from you both, I haven't got a B&W scarf but shall be wearing B&W
  • very understandable FF, we'll give the lads a cheer from you both, I haven't got a B&W scarf but shall be wearing B&W

Thanks, Lancs.

• edited December 2015

Sadly, we have decided to cancel our plans for the Burnley trip as we are both feeling shattered after a hectic few months & with a family funeral in Watford on Monday, then driving to Dorking for a present swap afterwards, we'd be virtually away from home for 3 consecutive days. As I don't drive, Mr F would have little time to recover between the journeys and like me, he's not getting any younger...

I don't believe for one minute that the decision was made with our recent performances in mind - we'll support through thick & thin as long as our health & finances permit. And I do feel guilty about " letting the lads down" when the away support at Turf moor will be sparse but this is one occasion when needs must.

So, having cancelled Player earlier in the season, I'll be glued to Sky Sports News and CL on Saturday afternoon , sucking those "lucky" humbugs, wearing my old red scarf ( as there's no-one to see my protest) and scoffing the half time banana in the hope that those rituals will help us to gain something positive from the match....just like Roland does every week ( not!)

Safe journey to all those making the trip & good luck to our boys.

See you in Bristol.

Fanny, that banana could be the difference between nil points et trois points ((:>) .. enjoy your 'down time', Merry Christmas and may we ALL have a great, prosperous and successful 2016
  • Fanny, Bannanas, there's a joke there somewhere

• Nice one. I ended up parking in a residential estate last time. I have never feared for my car so match during a game! Do you have to get there early to park at the cricket club?

I usually arrive at 2.30 and no problem

@lancashire lad @Lincsaddick two lifers coming together over there love of dogging :wink:

FF sorry to hear you won't be there. I'm gonna take photo and put it up on here post match thread anyway, give everyone an idea of the numbers.

PS - that's a picture of the Charlton fans in the away end, not lancashire lad and Lincs dogging
  • Sponsored links:

• Sadly, we have decided to cancel our plans for the Burnley trip as we are both feeling shattered after a hectic few months & with a family funeral in Watford on Monday, then driving to Dorking for a present swap afterwards, we'd be virtually away from home for 3 consecutive days. As I don't drive, Mr F would have little time to recover between the journeys and like me, he's not getting any younger...

I don't believe for one minute that the decision was made with our recent performances in mind - we'll support through thick & thin as long as our health & finances permit. And I do feel guilty about " letting the lads down" when the away support at Turf Moor will be sparse but this is one occasion when needs must.

So, having cancelled Player earlier in the season, I'll be glued to Sky Sports News and CL on Saturday afternoon , sucking those "lucky" humbugs, wearing my old red scarf ( as there's no-one to see my protest) and scoffing the half time banana in the hope that those rituals will help us to gain something positive from the match....just like Roland does every week ( not!)

See you in Bristol.

Plastic!
  • Sadly, we have decided to cancel our plans for the Burnley trip as we are both feeling shattered after a hectic few months & with a family funeral in Watford on Monday, then driving to Dorking for a present swap afterwards, we'd be virtually away from home for 3 consecutive days. As I don't drive, Mr F would have little time to recover between the journeys and like me, he's not getting any younger...

I don't believe for one minute that the decision was made with our recent performances in mind - we'll support through thick & thin as long as our health & finances permit. And I do feel guilty about " letting the lads down" when the away support at Turf Moor will be sparse but this is one occasion when needs must.

See you in Bristol.

Plastic!
    Does wrinkly plastic exist DM ?

See you in Bristol.

Plastic!

Depends how long ago the implants went in.
    I'll check using my tranny in the shed.
  • edited December 2015

Proper Charlton only do Burnley away when it's midweek....

And it's called off when your almost there :)
    and end up watching Preston v Colchester

Ooooh ! I was on the coach that day !

Which year was it ?

so was I, still can't believe some people voted to turn round and go back home. If you have traveled that far then surely you want to see a game, any game, and as it was we got to see Kins in action. Made it a memorable day out !!

PS - and I was silly enough to go back again for the re-arranged game

See you in Bristol.

Plastic!

Don't you mean your "granny", A-R-T-H-U-R ?

See you in Bristol.

Plastic!

Don't you mean your "granny", A-R-T-H-U-R ?

Ah, so you've met Dolly then have you?
  • Arriving with 3 others around 11:30. Looking forward to the day and a new ground. But surely we can't be that optimistic for a great result. But I can feel something coming!
  • I'll be there. As with many other Lifers my motivation is at rock bottom this season (hence the shortage of postings since early in the season) but I still go to these sort of matches in the hope that something unexpected might happen. How much longer I'll be able to clutch at the straws offered by the Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham results is a big question though.
  • edited December 2015

The rec, by Townley Park. My grandparents lived on Thursfield Rd when I was a kid - I remember the excitement of driving up and staying in their big old bed listening to the weather howling down from the Pennines. Went out to play (in the days when little kids could go out to play on their own) and got lost one time and was gathered up by a kind woman who found me crying outside her house a mile away aged 4...she walked me round until she found an anxious looking couple...
  • Sponsored links:

• Alarm went off at 5.20.

On the first train now.
  • ...now leaving home (Switzerland) for Turf Moor. CU later.

And there is me worrying if the 6.00 from Bromley South will be on time!
  • This is going to be a long old day ! COYR
  • edited December 2015
    I hope you early risers have got your sowesters and wellies, it's already raining and forecast to continue all day up in Burnley. Hopefully it'll be their defenders making the slip ups! Safe journeying to the hardy few and bring back at least a point COYRs.
  • Have a good day all
  • Yes, well done to everyone making that long trip today. Hope the lads give you some reward and that they don't miss Fanny and Mr. F too much.
  • edited December 2015

...now leaving home (Switzerland) for Turf Moor. CU later.

yodel-yodel-yodel-deeeeeheeeeeeheeeeeeeee .. see thee there ((:>) .. that is a LONG cross country ski trip
  • I count 30 on the one coach going up there. A few of us have seats all to ourselves, which is a good thing for idiots like me that decided to stay out till 3am yesterday knowing it was an early start. Great
  • RedChaser said:

I hope you early risers have got your sowesters and wellies, it's already raining and forecast to continue all day up in Burnley. Hopefully it'll be their defenders making the slip ups! Safe journeying to the hardy few and bring back at least a point COYRs.

Steady drizzle but hit a boozer at £2 a pint.

Burnley Miners Club awaits, happy days.
  • cabbles said:

I count 30 on the one coach going up there. A few of us have seats all to ourselves, which is a good thing for idiots like me that decided to stay out till 3am yesterday knowing it was an early start. Great

Have you got a spew bucket on the spare seat next to you?