Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BURNLEY

Comments

• @ElfsborgAddick do you reckon there will be cash sales on the day?
  • jamescafc said:

178 tickets sold. Surely one of the worst turnouts in a long time.

I remember 120 of us at Sheff Utd one cold December, probably the season before promotion.
  • Should be fine on the day. now electronic so it's cash at ticket office.
  • se9addick said:

8am out of Euston - absolutely no idea why we're doing this !

Because your real fans who go, come rain or ? more rain.
    it was good to meet you guys before the Leeds game when i was
    on my soapbox in crossbars.

I hope you and the other fans going, enjoy your day and come home with at least a point. (as unlikely as that sounds !)

se9addick said:

8am out of Euston - absolutely no idea why we're doing this !

answer .. cos you're a real fan .. and you LOVE it ((:>)
    Aye, something like that gents ! We've just realised we'll be in Manchester in time to go to the National Football Museum which sounds like a good shout.

Great to meet you too @soapboxsam - I'm sure we'll bump into each other again in Crossbars soon !
  • Where is the best place to drink before the game?

I am aiming to leave Kent around 6am to beat any traffic and arrive in time for the early ko.
  • Heard there's a decent cricket club to have a beer in, we're heading over
  • Can't believe this thread has got to two pages....
  • edited December 2015
    jamescafc said:

Where is the best place to drink before the game?

I am aiming to leave Kent around 6am to beat any traffic and arrive in time for the early ko.

@ElfsborgAddick is the man to ask .. he has encyclopaedic knowledge of every pub/watering hole within a 3 mile radius of any ground ((:>)
  • jamescafc said:

What early kick-off, or are you talking about drinking?
  • Cricket club is fine, car park, right behind ground, cheap and food fine. Not a place for a crawl though...
  • Sponsored links:

• jamescafc said:

178 tickets sold. Surely one of the worst turnouts in a long time.

Would imagine we'll break 250, something like we had at Middlesbrough.

Bristol on Boxing Day is not likely to be good either.
  • RedChaser said:

@ElfsborgAddick do you reckon there will be cash sales on the day?

Possibly....................
  • Cricket club is fine, car park, right behind ground, cheap and food fine. Not a place for a crawl though...

Burnley Miners Club around the corner from The Turf is excellent.
  • jamescafc said:

Plenty of boozers but they are a tad fussy about people wearing colours.
  • It's only me and my son. He'll insist on wearing his shirt but he's only 4 so can't do too much damage. Cricket club it is for the Brighton Boro game then.

Nice one. I ended up parking in a residential estate last time. I have never feared for my car so match during a game! Do you have to get there early to park at the cricket club?
  • Proper Charlton only do Burnley away when it's midweek....

I'm not proper Charlton then....I've never been there.

And it's called off when your almost there :)
  • big trip north just before xmas is never going to be that popular usually would be there but having just paid for flights and eurostar for euros money is a little tight, next away for me will more than likely be colchester.
  • Anyone mad enough like me thinking of going but leaving it until the last minute has been advised to phone their ticket office at 9.15pm to make sure there will be ticket sales on the day 0871 221 1914 option 2
  • Sponsored links:

and end up watching Preston v Colchester

and boo Callum Harriott

Ooooh ! I was on the coach that day !

Which year was it ?

• Not sure 1994/95?
  • the Utd bought Andy Cole from Newcastle remember in the boozer seeing it on the box.
  • RedChaser said:

Anyone mad enough like me thinking of going but leaving it until the last minute has been advised to phone their ticket office at 9.15pm to make sure there will be ticket sales on the day 0871 221 1914 option 2

I think they'll accept a few more stragglers with 3000 empty seats available.

...or when you've driven up, booked into digs, gone on the lash for most of the day so unable to drive back once it was called off.

Or after the previous nights defeat, it's taken you 9 hrs to get home because the motorway is closed due to high winds.

Nice one. I ended up parking in a residential estate last time. I have never feared for my car so match during a game! Do you have to get there early to park at the cricket club?
    there's a big park/heath about five/ten mins walk from the ground .. THURSFIELD ROAD BB10 4EL .. is a long road by the park .. parked there several times, it's safe and it's FREE .. check it on google map
  • just booked into the Travelodge on the outskirts of Burnley, though it's so steep and hilly around here it should be Himalaya base camplodge ...
    surreal drive over the Pennines this afternoon .. was bright and sunny on the Yorkshire side but as I drove along the M62, gradually climbing steeply onto the hills, the thick clouds on top of the peaks were as black as my ex-wife's heart ..
    .. on top of the hills, it was a case of driving through very thick low cloud, visibility almost nil, crawling along in traffic
    .. then .. suddenly descending the steep decline on the Lancashire side, driving straight from deep gloom into blinding bright sunshine .. ahhhh my eyes !!.. nice flight alright .. but I hope that the airways never get so congested as the M62