Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BURNLEY

Let's ave it looking forward to it.

Comments

• Your lucky... I've got to try and write the Preview today or tomorrow and just don't have a scooby what to put
  • out all day friday last train home then on 7.15 from St Mary Cray
  • Your lucky... I've got to try and write the Preview today or tomorrow and just don't have a scooby what to put

write from the heart .. IF you still have one

write from the heart .. IF you still have one
    Still got the heart for Charlton that's for sure...

Just fan attitude (See the second point you make on your recent post under the Post Match Thread) saps your energy

driving across tomorrow, over the spectacular Pennines .. coupla days in the Lancs fresh air then on to the Moor .. REALLY looking forward to it .. I like Burnley and Turf Moor, a proper ground and a proper club
  • 9am out of Euston the 4 of us. Expecting a crowd comprised of 16 men and a dog.
  • J BLOCK said:

9am out of Euston the 4 of us. Expecting a crowd comprised of 16 men and a dog.

Is KM travelling with you?
  • ....it's the taking part that counts...
  • Sponsored links:

• 8am out of Euston - absolutely no idea why we're doing this !
  • I'll be there. I got all billy big bollocks when my dad came round a few Sunday's ago and I was on the comfort of my sofa and I was mocking him and my uncle for going, so I said fuck it, I'll go. Me and my big mouth

Fair play, having done Burnley 2 years ago and done Bolton on this weekend two years ago, I decided to swerve this one. Hope you and the others heading up get what you deserve and we come away with a plucky 1-0 win.
  • had train tickets paid for this but am giving it a miss now, I have instead have my 1 year old nephew staying over for his first sleep over with us so will spend time with him which will be more pleasing than watching us at the moment.

I have done Bolton and Blackburn and the Massives last weekend before xmas last 3 years year and love a away day this time of year but just need a bit of a break.

I think I might actually start doing more away games in the new year than homes, can support the boys in there battle to beat the drop but without showing support finical or otherwise to the owners.
  • se9addick said:

8am out of Euston - absolutely no idea why we're doing this !

Because your real fans who go, come rain or ? more rain.
    it was good to meet you guys before the Leeds game when i was
    on my soapbox in crossbars.

I hope you and the other fans going, enjoy your day and come home with at least a point. (as unlikely as that sounds !)
  • I thought about this one, but (seriously) it's the Strictly Come Dancing Final on Saturday!
  • Making the 3 hour journey from Shropshire, almost a home game…...
  • cabbles said:

I'll be there. I got all billy big bollocks when my dad came round a few Sunday's ago and I was on the comfort of my sofa and I was mocking him and my uncle for going, so I said fuck it, I'll go. Me and my big mouth

I'm not going, so you'll have to get in the sofa.
  • I'm not going this year but, as someone mentioned on another thread, The Burnley Miners Club is well worth a visit. It's a CIU club with a nominal entrance fee and they serve a very good and cheap pint of Thwaites. The club is also the World's biggest consumer of the French liqueur, Benedictine - you can also get a 'Bene'n'hot' in the ground to stave off the bitter cold from the Pennines in the second half - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2772859/Welcome-world-s-biggest-consumer-French-Benedictine-liqueur-A-working-men-s-club-Burnley-1-000-bottles-year-stuff.html

I see also that 20 Burnley fans were arrested for a mass brawl with Sheffield Wednesday supporters at the Miners Club last April ( ! ), but hopefully they're still in the nick and/or barred. The football club does, however, have more than its fair share of numpties.

The other place worth a visit if you're going up by car and arrive a bit early is the Towneley Hall Museum and Art Gallery (£4 and free to Arts Fund members) - http://www.burnley.gov.uk/residents/towneley-hall. When we visited, the exhibits included a display on Burnley's 1959/60 Title winning team and the 1947 FA Cup Final.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

8am out of Euston - absolutely no idea why we're doing this !

answer .. cos you're a real fan .. and you LOVE it ((:>)
  • I'm looking forward to the trip.
  • For reasons best known to my former self, I'll be there. It's almost exactly the same day as Blackburn away last season, which I also did. Beats Christmas shopping I suppose.
  • Anyone know if you'll be able to pay on the day?
  • not my favourite ground, but it's local so we'll be there
  • See you there, guys and gals.
  • Really fancy this one... trying to recruit some mates to no avail just yet.
  • Proper Charlton only do Burnley away when it's midweek....
  • Really fancy this one... trying to recruit some mates to no avail just yet.

Ha, the chances of me getting anyone to do this was precisely zero - gave up.

Good luck haha.
  • 178 tickets sold. Surely one of the worst turnouts in a long time.