Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If El Hadji- Ba is a footballer than so am I

edited December 2015 in General Charlton
Discuss

Comments

• I honestly don't know what his role is.

"Midfielder", but with what responsibility exactly. He's just kind of...there....?
  • Another shit footballer played to bump his price up. No other reason.
  • He was worse that Christophe Lepoint last night...

God knows how it happened but him being all arms and legs was the reason their player went off on a stretcher, still unsure how Ba managed it.
  • HandG said:

Although his cameo was poor last night, he was very good against Sheffield Wednesday just a few weeks ago. I'll stand by what I've said previously insofar as I think there is a player in there, he probably just needs game time to find his form (as many players do). Unfortunately he ain't getting that at Charlton in our current predicament....

Fully aware I'll be in a minority!

I agree... Was one of our best players that day, was a shame he got the booking in that match because its almost stalled him again.
  • He wasn't alone in being poor last night, his decision making let him down.

Midfield badly needs Diarra back in there
  • Lets look forward to Burnley... Am sure Bauer will be back in Defence alongside Lennon allowing Diarra to move back into the Midfield.

Until we get into January (and if we bring in another Centre Back or Defensive Midfielder), Bauer has to learn to be less aggressive
  • He was worse that Christophe Lepoint last night...

Can anyway else confirm this?...if true then this must show as an improvement on Meires spreadsheet, nobody thought she could sign anybody worse than Lepoint....
  • Sponsored links:

• the only way Henderson won't play this season is if he's injured
  • the only way Henderson won't play this season is if he's injured

Don't say that.. Am still expecting it to happen
  • I actually thought he did ok when he came on.
  • Were you watching from New York :)

No, the North Lower....

Thought he broke up play well and at least tried to drive us forward (which is more than you could say of Jackson when he was on)
  • If he had the ability to find the right pass when he had broken up play that would be fine, but he constantly seemed to choose the wrong pass and good positions were wasted.
  • Sponsored links:

No, the North Lower....

Thought he broke up play well and at least tried to drive us forward (which is more than you could say of Jackson when he was on)
    The same Jackson without who's influence this season we would be sitting below Bolton? Ba is an awful player and epitomises everything wrong with this regime running our club. If you're a 2nd rate footballer then you have to make it up with passion, desire and commitment (see Jackson for those attributes). Jackson had a poor game last night, but can't be down to him all the time can it?
  • Nug said:

Were you watching from New York :)

No, the North Lower....

The same Jackson without who's influence this season we would be sitting below Bolton? Ba is an awful player and epitomises everything wrong with this regime running our club. If you're a 2nd rate footballer then you have to make it up with passion, desire and commitment (see Jackson for those attributes). Jackson had a poor game last night, but can't be down to him all the time can it?
    Not sure what relevance this has for my comment - I didn't refer to their respective contributions to the whole season.
  • edited December 2015
    1 game for Sunderland in 2 years, tells you what you need to know.
  • colin1961 said:

Said it last night badly badly miss Kashi he looked a class act

Colin, this is true. At the start of the season he looked like a genuinely decent player. But for how long can we trot out the excuse that we're missing players? We're actually missing very few now, this is why you need to build a squad, this is why so many of us said at the start of the season that the squad was woefully short, this is why we're in the bottom three. It was obvious to everyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge way back in August that the squad was short even when the team looked good.

Sadly, that's around an ounce of footballing knowledge more than Roly and Katrien share between them.
    Don't agree, last night we had Kashi, Ceballos and Igor all still out injured, plus Bauer suspended. Yes I do agree we still have a thin squad, but Kashi started the season well, Igor don't know where to start and Bauer is a big loss because of moving Diarra to CB.

Ceballos could be a big return for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I actually think his creativity could come in handly regardless. Secondly, what impact will it have on JBG? He has been one of the first names on the teamsheet. If we go 4231 though, we have Lookman and Reza playing better than him so that leaves 1 more. If Ceballos comes in and impresses, he gets that spot, relegating JBG to the bench. With the euros coming up, he has 2 options, ask to leave or sort himself out. Sitting on the bench for the rest of the season isn't going to get him in that Iceland team so I hope it gives him a kick up the backside.
  • colin1961 said:

Said it last night badly badly miss Kashi he looked a class act

Colin, this is true. At the start of the season he looked like a genuinely decent player. But for how long can we trot out the excuse that we're missing players? We're actually missing very few now, this is why you need to build a squad, this is why so many of us said at the start of the season that the squad was woefully short, this is why we're in the bottom three. It was obvious to everyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge way back in August that the squad was short even when the team looked good.

Sadly, that's around an ounce of footballing knowledge more than Roly and Katrien share between them.
    Don't agree, last night we had Kashi, Ceballos and Igor all still out injured, plus Bauer suspended. Yes I do agree we still have a thin squad, but Kashi started the season well, Igor don't know where to start and Bauer is a big loss because of moving Diarra to CB. Whilst even fully fit we are a couple of players short, you cannot say we haven't been unlucky with injuries to key players and last night still missing players who would start if fit.

Ceballos could be a big return for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I actually think his creativity could come in handly regardless. Secondly, what impact will it have on JBG? He has been one of the first names on the teamsheet. If we go 4231 though, we have Lookman and Reza playing better than him so that leaves 1 more. If Ceballos comes in and impresses, he gets that spot, relegating JBG to the bench. With the euros coming up, he has 2 options, ask to leave or sort himself out. Sitting on the bench for the rest of the season isn't going to get him in that Iceland team so I hope it gives him a kick up the backside.
  • Ba looked jittery to say the least last night but played well in several games at the start of the season when we were luxuriating in the tricky choice of which two from Ba, Kashi, and Cousins to play in the centre. Bu t let's overlook that so we can have another scapegoat when we're feeling pissed off - after all it worked well with Francis and Stephens didn't it? Clearly neither of them were worthy of our great shirt!
  • edited December 2015

I actually thought he did ok when he came on.

He got tackled or passed to Bolton on virtually every occasion (like most games he's "played").