Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time to give Big Mak a break...

13»

Comments

• Mak also comes across as an emotional chap, judging by his reaction to his first goal at the valley, the prayer to Odin, sacrificing a goat etc etc. This probably makes it that much harder for him to block out or get over the booing.

My opinion is that he came up against arguably two of the most experienced CB's against Ipswich, not helped by conceding a free kick every time he challenged for a high ball which could again be down to the experience of the opposition. Maybe he tried to adapt his game and second guess where the 2nd ball would drop, we don't know.

Having said that, against Bolton he failed to chase down defenders and let two, maybe misplaced, passes just go by him. This is unforgivable.

There is obviously a player in there, you don't create/score against QPR/Hull if you're as bad as some make him out to be. It's just a shame most of our team will have 2-3 good games then 2-3 months of nothing.
  • Oohaah

Let's just say so far, you were right and I was wrong. 11 goals this season I think he needs to get before you send £10 off to charity and until that point it's my £10. So 10 more goals needed.

It's not that I'm precious about the tenner but I saw some talent there at the start of the season.

My ex used the tickets for the Ipswich game and she is firmly in your camp. Useless waste of space she repeatedly says.

I still disagree and think he can do a good job for us.

Yep , that's right about the bet .

Hope she didn't become your ex due to you sending her to the Ipswich game !

It's been a poisonous club to play for as of late and when the likes of mr dependable Solly are turning in crap performances week in week out then you know things can't be right . Thankfully his form has picked up a little recently and hopefully Big Mak and the rest of them can pull themselves together soon enough to get us out of this dire situation
  • I have only seen one game this season as I live in Sheffield and only come down occasionally. It was against the "massives". That day Mak was superb. Dominated the oppo defence and got a goal. Give the guy a break.
  • Kap10 said:

Slagging our own players off is what we do.
    We have a history of it.
    Makienok had one bad game against Ipswich and now he is the new Kishishev, Robinson, Abbot, mooney, McCormack, Francis etc..
    Pathetic

How can you include Francis he was and is a rubbish player, who could never play higher than the Premier League as Captain of his side.
    True.
    I could go back earlier to players like Martin Robinson, Dave Mehmet and Terry Bullivant who all became victims of the boo boys at some stage.
    Having said that Bullivant was shit!
    And Mark Aizlewood....