Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time to give Big Mak a break...

Come on guys, enough is enough. Yeah he's not played well recently but arguably you could throw a few others into that category; JBG, Cousins, Fox... I don't hear them being singled out for the same derisory, sarcastic jeers.

Ultimately they're professionals and paid handsomely but they're human and just like you or I, aren't always at the top of their game every time. Lay off him, maybe get behind him and you might just be responsible for giving him the encouragement he needs to shake off this bad spell.

Comments

• I think you might be talking to the wrong audience.
  • I would love him to be an all conquering Danish Viking - problem is he is not very good at all. Granted defensively he offers something but up front leading the line he has limitations and offers very little in hold up play and linking play with his team mates. Not a criticism but an honest personal assessment. Would love it he he proved me wrong.
  • I believe that in a stronger squad he could play a role. However he doesn't appear to be the most technically gifted and bot someone to put your hopes on consistantly.
    But if he's not good enough then that isn't his fault. It's the fault of the people who brought him in and who pick him.
  • I was delighted when i saw we had signed a 6ft 7in forward. Just what we needed.
    I gave him a chance, didn't get on his case after a few games. But i've seen enough....................... He's hopeless.
  • I don't jeer, but can see that with the ball at his feet he can't play.
  • the bloke id 6ft 6 but hardly ever gets his head to the ball. I used to ridicule Leaburn, but at least he got his head to the ball & scored !!

..............and he is in the team ahead of TW !! Good grief.
  • Hang on a minute. Its his job! He needs to do his job, end of!

Yesterday, i spent 14 hours at work, had 5 hours sleep, then back in today for another 13 hours of bloody stressful work. Why? Because its my job. If i cock up, laps or simply give up, i know i will be in deep doo do and not get my managers say never mind, better luck tomorrow.

He simply needs to do his job and score or help others score by kicking/heading a ball for 90 minutes. If he cant do it, then dont do it.
  • If we were a side that could regularly put balls in the box or get the chance to attack corners then he would score goals. Having him winning flick ons for powderpuff like Ahearne Grant and Reza doesn't really achieve much
  • Sponsored links:

• I only saw Makienok in the earliest games and liked what I saw. Many noticed that our results were better with him in the side. This was under Luzon, of course. So what's happened since Fraeye has come in? Has our interim manager managed to destroy someone who looked one of our better signings at the start of the season? Something just isn't right.
  • When you loose form you work harder, not stand like a statue in the middle of the pitch, lazy and useless.
  • Mak didn't win one header in the first half against Ipswich and he's 6'7''! Don't think he won many in the second either, at least he should be good in the air even if not as good on the ground. I don't rate him.
  • the minority that attend matches need to ruin the confidence of all the players to help speed up relegation and the sale of the club.
  • He has had some very good performances and some absolutely terrible ones, so either he has been lucky or misfortunate. I think he is suffering as the team is suffering, if we were still flying I think he would not be doing so badly.
  • edited December 2015
  • Give him a break from football perhaps, only Charlton could sign a 6ft7 forward who can't head
  • He headed quite a few when he came on yesterday. How many cheers does it need to be before it stops being ironic?

(admittedly none of them came to much, but that's not necessarily his fault)
  • He's not good enough. Another one to add to the crap they have bought since January 2014.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would love him to be an all conquering Danish Viking - problem is he is not very good at all. Granted defensively he offers something but up front leading the line he has limitations and offers very little in hold up play and linking play with his team mates. Not a criticism but an honest personal assessment. Would love it he he proved me wrong.

I said the same early doors and got laughed at. People thought he'd get ten goals! Behave.
  • Shrew said:

I don't know of a single player who's ever played better because of their own fans booing them.

Accept when they join a new club and show us how good they are when they get a little support.

Its ironic because that has happened so many times now, you'd actually think that people would learn