Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protests

13»

Comments

• I don't know how many fans regularly attend Welling these days as I've not been for a while, but I know the capacity at Park View Rd is 4,000 and I also know that gate sales help keeps the club afloat...

Now on the 23rd of January Welling play at home to Barrow, the same day and kick off time that we play at home to Blackburn.. as a show of 'we're not afraid to stand up against you, you can't take us for granted' we could attend Wellings match en mass instead of our own. Wearing red and white, black and white whatever (Black and white for me as I support the notion). It would definitely attract some media attention if it's fairly well attended from us.

Of course there would still be a fair showing at the Valley, but it's just an idea.. and it would help Welling if nothing else. It's just an idea, something needs to be done, this wouldn't create any miracles but it would certainly send a message if the numbers doing it hits 4 figures.

1,000 of us would raise £15,000 for Welling, and also give them much needed support.

Proactive and I like this idea ...could definitely get interest on social media.
  • Just one thing you need to know before you try and hack KMs password.

Section 3 of the Computer Misuse Act imposes criminal liability on an individual whereby he has done one of the following three things:

1.Caused an unauthorised modification of the contents of the computer

2.Has the intention to make such a modification

3.Has the knowledge that what he intends to do is unauthorised

In order for an individual to be guilty of one of the above offences under Section 3 he must also be guilty of one of the other offences contained within either Section 1 or Section 2 of the Computer Misuse Act.

I believe that last year the maximum sentence for such crime increased from 10 years in prison to life in prison.
  • stonemuse said:

I don't know how many fans regularly attend Welling these days as I've not been for a while, but I know the capacity at Park View Rd is 4,000 and I also know that gate sales help keeps the club afloat...

Now on the 23rd of January Welling play at home to Barrow, the same day and kick off time that we play at home to Blackburn.. as a show of 'we're not afraid to stand up against you, you can't take us for granted' we could attend Wellings match en mass instead of our own. Wearing red and white, black and white whatever (Black and white for me as I support the notion). It would definitely attract some media attention if it's fairly well attended from us.

Of course there would still be a fair showing at the Valley, but it's just an idea.. and it would help Welling if nothing else. It's just an idea, something needs to be done, this wouldn't create any miracles but it would certainly send a message if the numbers doing it hits 4 figures.

1,000 of us would raise £15,000 for Welling, and also give them much needed support.

Proactive and I like this idea ...could definitely get interest on social media.
    Im also in favor of this idea!

You would have to have another flyer distribution at the next couple of home matches though to let people know.

And make clear that even if 20k Charlton fans turn up and stand outside for the match it would be worth the effort. maybe we can have donation boxes at welling for those who don't get into the ground?
  • Hence the, do at your own peril... Not advocating it, but it's a way to gain traction quickly, and get your point across.

As some of the Anon, LulzSec, Wikileaks, groups found, standard protesting did nothing to change big businesses, corporations and powerful people. Most of the individuals use computers and messing with them was the only way to force change.
  • Hence the, do at your own peril... Not advocating it, but it's a way to gain traction quickly, and get your point across.

As some of the Anon, LulzSec, Wikileaks, groups found, standard protesting did nothing to change big businesses, corporations and powerful people. Most of the individuals use computers and messing with them was the only way to force change.

Impressed with your first posts Dread Pirate. Really hitting the ground running here.
    Top stuff encouraging fellow fans to descend into illegality.

Can you hack the National Lottery website while you're at it. I'll give you my numbers in a PM.
  • bobmunro said:

PL54 said:

Which website ?

CAFC Official Site
    Good idea, go for it.
    Now you know he won't, Henry!!
    of course not.

The "we" was the give away.
  • edited December 2015

Hence the, do at your own peril... Not advocating it, but it's a way to gain traction quickly, and get your point across.

Impressed with your first posts Dread Pirate. Really hitting the ground running here.
    We like being controversial. Brings more people into the conversation too.
  • edited December 2015
    I say the following as a non-participating member in any protest, and I don't have the answers so anyone who is trying to do something/anything has my respect.

Black and white, I support - peaceful, non-offensive language protests - I support. Ultimately though, I fear neither will change the minds or the strategy (whatever that is) of KM/RD. They know we are dissatisfied (being polite there) so protests are only stating the bleeding obvious - and we have an idea of what their strategy is or isn't. But attempting to force change won't work in my opinion, and I say that with sadness. RD is not Greenwich Council - he's a very rich owner who will do what he wants without repercussions on him other than financial.

10 points adrift in the bottom three with a dozen games to go, playing in front of <10k crowds with the prospect of League 1 football in front of even smaller crowds - now that might force them to change tack or exit. So in a roundabout way the apathy (rather than a conscious boycott being shown by most non-attendees) is likely to be the most effective means by which change is brought about.

2% actively dissatisfied - 30% happy - 68% apathetic.
  • edited December 2015

Hence the, do at your own peril... Not advocating it, but it's a way to gain traction quickly, and get your point across.

We like being controversial. Brings more people into the conversation too.
    "We" being you and your other personalities, presumably?
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

I say the following as a non-participating member in any protest, and I don't have the answers so anyone who is trying to do something/anything has my respect.

Black and white, I support - peaceful, non-offensive language protests - I support. Ultimately though, I fear neither will change the minds or the strategy (whatever that is) of KM/RD. They know we are dissatisfied (being polite there) so protests are only stating the bleeding obvious - and we have an idea of what their strategy is or isn't. But attempting to force change won't work in my opinion, and I say that with sadness. RD is not Greenwich Council - he's a very rich owner who will do what he wants without repercussions on him other than financial.

10 points adrift in the bottom three with a dozen games to go, playing in front of <10k crowds with the prospect of League 1 football in front of even smaller crowds - now that might force them to change tack or exit. So in a roundabout way the apathy (rather than a conscious boycott being shown by most non-attendees) is likely to be the most effective means by which change is brought about.

2% actively dissatisfied - 30% happy - 68% apathetic. </p>

He's a very rich owner who has no emotional, financial or practical reason that stacks up to want to own the club, which is the point.
  • edited December 2015

bobmunro said:

2% actively dissatisfied - 30% happy - 68% apathetic. </p>

He's a very rich owner who has no emotional, financial or practical reason that stacks up to want to own the club, which is the point.
    Agreed - and therefore it's unlikely any direct action against him will have any effect unless we can identify which, if any, are his raw nerves. I suspect those are very likely to be a combination of financial (even the richest have a limit) and/or reputational.
  • edited December 2015
    @Airman_Brown Is his reputation important to him?

I think that his political activity (Messiah complex?) suggests that it is.

That's where I think there's a lot of mileage to be gained.

• Do any lifers have any Belgian journalists names or contact details ? If he isn't worried about poor media exposure here but might be embarrassed in his home then I will contact them and see where it leads.
  • mascot88 said:

I still think we should put the frighteners up KM .... Wipe that f******* smile off her face ... Make her NOT want to come to work ... She's the weakest link ... If she broke we might start getting somewhere ...

When you say "we" who do you mean? If you want this action then YOU need to do it. Anything legal and decent is fine IMHO but nothing will happen while you wait for the mythical "we" or "someone" to act.

The person to do it is YOU.

Same goes for you Harry, you can't criticise others efforts but never put your head above the parapet to get it shot off. Yes, you will get stick and many will suddenly be full of reasons where you idea isn't very good but that's their problem.

I think the anger and the energy are great but turn it on the people who need to feel it not other fans or your keyboard.
    Fair enough, and I'm certainly not criticizing anyone's approach, I have supported and been fully behind all the action that has occurred, I just sometimes get frustrated and it spills over a bit, I am a little bit limited in what action I can take because I live in Melbourne...

• I don't know why Roland doesn't just buy all the houses around the valley and then turn the whole area from the Woolwich road to the back of the ground into a French speaking dismaland theme park.