Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protests

Comments

• Something needs to be done. The other protests haven't been too bad but needs more than Black scarves dotted around. Use social media to our advantadge.
  • Thing is sometimes protests should be spontaneous, like 500 outside after the game tonight.
  • Harry how old are you?
  • 18, don't really see the relevance though.
  • se9addick said:

18, don't really see the relevance though.

Same age as @Addickted2TheReds - next home game, throw down in the car park - that'll galvanise the mob before we storm the west stand reception.
    Haha, that one was actually funny. Makes a change. ;)
  • January is make or break for M.Roly and his lovely assistant the CEO. Sell Lookman and don't bring anyone in, then watch the new shiny seats get more shiny and that alone is the protest.

Just over 12,000 tonight. The lowest league attendance in over 17 years (off the top of my head) and the deluded woman wants to set up a target 20,000 committee.

Once again the protest is working. People have given up until the pair of them leave.
  • I still think we should put the frighteners up KM .... Wipe that f******* smile off her face ... Make her NOT want to come to work ... She's the weakest link ... If she broke we might start getting somewhere ...
  • Why not hold a demo after a match. That way we can support the team during the game and then round to the West Stand at the end and stay there until the Directors and VIP's leave and let them all know exactly what we think of the current shambles
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    I do agree with the fact that we've let our foot off the gas in terms of putting pressure on KM and making our voices heard.

Part of the problem is people constantly arguing about what the Trust are doing and the protests, let the Trust get on with it and let people who want to protest get on with it, arguing is only dividing people and not helping get a clear idea out.

This is only my two cents, but from afar Joe I think you've done a great job with the work so far but you being at work last week was noticeable in that there was no cohesion or strong idea behind the protests and instead led to a handful of people with not much of an idea what to do. I think you need a few more people and to get a team going in different areas (social media, protest ideas etc.) so that if you're away someone else can pick up the pieces. I'm not back in the UK permanently until January but I'd love to help out (working in radio at the moment so can help out with media).

Also while I agree with nth london addick on keeping things under the Black and White premise. I think the name needs a change. Let the Trust pursue the dialogue and getting the ownership to spell it out, I think we as fans outside of the Trust Committee are pissing in the wind trying to get answers when KM is currently doing this Target 20k rubbish.

Use Black and White as a general name for the protests as a portrayal at the dissatisfaction and apathy currently present among the fans with RD, KM and the ownership. Maybe a group name like Black and White Valiants or one of our former antiquated nicknames?

They are my thoughts anyway, would like to hear what people think.
  • edited December 2015
    I don't know how many fans regularly attend Welling these days as I've not been for a while, but I know the capacity at Park View Rd is 4,000 and I also know that gate sales help keeps the club afloat...

Now on the 23rd of January Welling play at home to Barrow, the same day and kick off time that we play at home to Blackburn.. as a show of 'we're not afraid to stand up against you, you can't take us for granted' we could attend Wellings match en mass instead of our own. Wearing red and white, black and white whatever (Black and white for me as I support the notion). It would definitely attract some media attention if it's fairly well attended from us.

Of course there would still be a fair showing at the Valley, but it's just an idea.. and it would help Welling if nothing else. It's just an idea, something needs to be done, this wouldn't create any miracles but it would certainly send a message if the numbers doing it hits 4 figures.

1,000 of us would raise £15,000 for Welling, and also give them much needed support.
  • Thing is sometimes protests should be spontaneous, like 500 outside after the game tonight.

The way we're going there very soon won't be 500 at matches to have a spontaneous demo!
  • Roland is because of his remoteness somewhat insulated from our discontent. Day to day it doesn't impact on him in the slightest.

I very much doubt that Meire feeds him the true feeling desperation that is pervading The Valley.

The tumbling crowds should send him a signal which is why I have decided that's it from me until he either goes or proves he can run us properly.

That last bit really really hurts. I've been attending for 55 years but can't bear to see what's happening to my club. Boycotting is the only way I believe we can send him a message he will understand. I think anything less is a waste of time no matter how well meaning. His experiment will roll on.

I do wonder if a friendly Belgian sports journalist might be persuaded to pen a piece on just how big the crisis is at Charlton and how much we fans want RD out of our club. Having something in print in his own backyard might just embarrass him enough to take notice. He's no big news here but might be back home.

Unfortunately I don't know any Belgian journos.

I like this idea. It's possible that some of the sports writers that covered the Standard Liege stuff might be interested. Really need a Belgian speaking CAFC fan - do they exist?
  • cafctom said:

Pointless talking about it - our fanbase are too shy to properly take action as we have seen over recent weeks.

Not a dig at those who have tried, but let's be honest - the club is sinking thanks to a man who isn't even in the country and none of us are realistically going to change that are we?

We are helpless but to watch it fall apart. If we had a tougher fanbase then some of these ideas might have had an impact. But we don't. That isn't changing any time soon.

you're equating touch with violence.

They are not the same thing.

Were the Valley party activists tough?

Was Ghandi tough?

• cafctom said:

Pointless talking about it - our fanbase are too shy to properly take action as we have seen over recent weeks.

Not a dig at those who have tried, but let's be honest - the club is sinking thanks to a man who isn't even in the country and none of us are realistically going to change that are we?

We are helpless but to watch it fall apart. If we had a tougher fanbase then some of these ideas might have had an impact. But we don't. That isn't changing any time soon.

Was Ghandi tough?

Which one?

I heard Indira had a banning order from Delhi Dynamos
  • cafctom said:

you're equating touch with violence.

They are not the same thing.

Were the Valley party activists tough?

Was Ghandi tough?

I've not said anything about violence.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think some of us put our cards on the table, but the bottom line is the majority of match goers have either not endorsed it or rejected it. Depending if things get worse team wise it may get a bit more traction. But there will be no more serious momentum from now in my opinion. Unless there is a sea shift change at the club I think we will go down this season and Charlton will be playing in League One in front of 5-6000 home fans next year. Like they were tonight.

I think the majority of match goers are just realists. I really don't think there is a lot more we can do than let the Trust put some kind of pressure on the owner to at least review his strange attitude to running a group of football clubs.

I'm certain it will have more affect than abusing his CEO - no matter how ineffective she is in the role.

I'm just grateful that I'm not checking Lloyds list for when the next consignment of rubber from Malaysia is docking at Tilbury.

All I hope is that in two to three years time, those who ridiculed / abused the protests, or just took the piss like the couple of wind ups on here, can point at us, laugh and say what was you on about.

Have you seen the abuse and ridicule that some of those 'wind ups' on here have been getting for daring to criticise the protests? It's a two way street AFKA.

• Roland is because of his remoteness somewhat insulated from our discontent. Day to day it doesn't impact on him in the slightest.

I very much doubt that Meire feeds him the true feeling desperation that is pervading The Valley.

The tumbling crowds should send him a signal which is why I have decided that's it from me until he either goes or proves he can run us properly.

That last bit really really hurts. I've been attending for 55 years but can't bear to see what's happening to my club. Boycotting is the only way I believe we can send him a message he will understand. I think anything less is a waste of time no matter how well meaning. His experiment will roll on.

I do wonder if a friendly Belgian sports journalist might be persuaded to pen a piece on just how big the crisis is at Charlton and how much we fans want RD out of our club. Having something in print in his own backyard might just embarrass him enough to take notice. He's no big news here but might be back home.

Unfortunately I don't know any Belgian journos.

I like this idea. It's possible that some of the sports writers that covered the Standard Liege stuff might be interested. Really need a Belgian speaking CAFC fan - do they exist?
    There are Belgian journos watching the story. RD is always "good copy" in Belgian media.
  • How long is it going to take for people to realise that being so diplomatic isn't going to work? Look at the strides the trust have made since the meeting... The increase in communication with the club... We're being mugged off. Standard fans did far worse than we have and Roland barely batted an eyelid.
    That's the trouble with our club. If Millwall/ West Ham had an owner like this they wouldn't stand for it, but our fan base is full of people who think standing there with a sign will make a difference.

What's it going to take for something major to happen?

Wrong. This club is full of fans that have already saved the club. And will do it again.
  • I said it before, we should be taking the "battle" to Roland. It was a great idea with the posters etc and the Black and White protests but he is sitting comfortably away from it all. He needs to be sitting uncomfortably at home reading his papers seing 1/2 page posters in his papers, local people asking him "whats going on in England" because they saw the papers etc.
    While he is untouched, he wont budge.
  • cafckev said:

I said it before, we should be taking the "battle" to Roland. It was a great idea with the posters etc and the Black and White protests but he is sitting comfortably away from it all. He needs to be sitting uncomfortably at home reading his papers seing 1/2 page posters in his papers, local people asking him "whats going on in England" because they saw the papers etc.
    While he is untouched, he wont budge.

then why not do something about it?

• edited December 2015
    Here's a protest idea:
    We make some quite nifty changes to the website, so every time it's loaded up, they see the "Time To Go" banner that people are using. Journalists, professional, fans, away fans, anyone goes there. They will see the protest. Would take them some time to get it down, but they'd get traction.

If you're going to do it, you do so at your own peril, it's just an idea!

It's not violent or derogatory, using any inflammatory language. Merely stating how fans are feeling.
  • Which website ?
  • PL54 said:

Which website ?

CAFC Official Site
  • PL54 said:

Which website ?

CAFC Official Site
    Good idea, go for it.
  • PL54 said:

Which website ?

CAFC Official Site
    Good idea, go for it.