Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protests

How long is it going to take for people to realise that being so diplomatic isn't going to work? Look at the strides the trust have made since the meeting... The increase in communication with the club... We're being mugged off. Standard fans did far worse than we have and Roland barely batted an eyelid.
That's the trouble with our club. If Millwall/ West Ham had an owner like this they wouldn't stand for it, but our fan base is full of people who think standing there with a sign will make a difference.

What's it going to take for something major to happen?

Comments

• You need to start protesting after the game
  • edited December 2015
    I think that on a match day in the new year all the protesters should go and wear their scarves outside RDs house in Belgium and shout (a lot)

It'd ruin his match day experience and undoubtedly cause him some additional security expense. Throw chips and little sofa chunks in his pool.
  • How long is it going to take for people to realise that being so diplomatic isn't going to work? Look at the strides the trust have made since the meeting... The increase in communication with the club... We're being mugged off. Standard fans did far worse than we have and Roland barely batted an eyelid.
    That's the trouble with our club. If Millwall/ West Ham had an owner like this they wouldn't stand for it, but our fan base is full of people who think standing there with a sign will make a difference.

What do you think we should do ?
  • Yehhh PL is our leader, my hero xxx
  • How long is it going to take for people to realise that being so diplomatic isn't going to work? Look at the strides the trust have made since the meeting... The increase in communication with the club... We're being mugged off. Standard fans did far worse than we have and Roland barely batted an eyelid.

I think the answer is to swear repeatedly on a Charlton fans forum.
    That should do it.
    If you've got nothing better to do than make comments like that, maybe you don't care quite as much as you claim.
  • stonemuse said:

Yehhh PL is our leader, my hero xxx

I'll get some bits of paper printed if you like - "Boo (Hoo)" against a soft focus image of wet bed sheets
  • PL54 said:

stonemuse said:

I'll get some bits of paper printed if you like - "Boo (Hoo)" against a soft focus image of wet bed sheets
    Innovative too, definitely works for me xxx
  • stonemuse said:

PL54 said:

stonemuse said:

Innovative too, definitely works for me xxx
    Consider it done. Will be printed and delivered to reception at The Valley by Christmas.

I'll address it to Syd.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

stonemuse said:

Do you ever have a day off ?

That should do it.
    If you've got nothing better to do than make comments like that, maybe you don't care quite as much as you claim.
    So what are you suggesting (other than "making comments like that") ?
  • se9addick said:

How long is it going to take for people to realise that being so diplomatic isn't going to work? Look at the strides the trust have made since the meeting... The increase in communication with the club... We're being mugged off. Standard fans did far worse than we have and Roland barely batted an eyelid.

That should do it.
    Just find it strange that after a game like that you're making such irrelevant comments. Each to their own.
  • se9addick said:

That should do it.
    Just find it strange that after a game like that you're making such irrelevant comments. Each to their own.
    But "after a game like that" you've created a thread bemoaning other people's ideas yet seem to have none of your own. Easy to criticise others I suppose but each to their own.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

That should do it.
    But "after a game like that" you've created a thread bemoaning other people's ideas yet seem to have none of your own. Easy to criticise others I suppose but each to their own.
    If you can't get what I'm saying then that's your problem. Think it's quite obvious.
  • Not obvious to me either. What are you suggesting ?
  • cafc4life said:

PL54 said:

stonemuse said:

That's the trouble. The sad old man is off every day. Too much time on his hands/keyboard.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

That should do it.
    Agree.

Stop moaning about what other fans do and actually do something yourself that doesn't consist of typing on a keyboard.

You want something to happen then start organising it yourself.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

That should do it.
    Agree.

Stop moaning about what other fans do and actually do something yourself that doesn't consist of typing on a keyboard.

Find this ironic from you, didn't you do basically the same thing, about 3 weeks ago?
  • cafc4life said:

PL54 said:

stonemuse said:

That's the trouble. The sad old man is off every day. Too much time on his hands/keyboard.
    I wish
  • Sponsored links:

• Should be the face of Katrien.
  • Jokes.

If "people holding up a sign" wasn't good enough for you then do something yourself.

Zzzzz another day another post from cafc_harry moaning about the contributions of others when he's done absolutely jack shit himself.

I gave you credit for it at the time and took part myself, but what has it acheieved? Absolutely nothing.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

That should do it.
    Agree.

But shouldn't the trust be doing that?

They bang on about being the biggest endorsed supporters committee.

They should be at bloody code red after tonight's debacle. Or are we just waiting for a year or two to pass.
    It took Chelsea and spurs ST's 8 years to have some decent dialogue with their respective clubs board I'll hear them say.

Problem is they weren't in as much of a clustetf****ing mess as we are!!!!
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

That should do it.
    Agree.

Find this ironic from you, didn't you do basically the same thing, about 3 weeks ago?
    No, I've actually been doing real things in the real world.
  • edited December 2015

Marathon not a sprint.

What have you achieved? Absolutely nothing.

You haven't suggested a single thing.

I tell you what if you come up with something decent I'll even drive it for you. You don't even have to do anything just come up with the idea?

Surely it's just as easy as that right?

If it was that easy something major would've been done already.
    Just so you know the post was in no way aimed at you, and I have lots of respect to you for organising it at all. I'm not going to 'suggest' anything on here because I know the vast majority on here are far too diplomatic to even consider it. Just for reference though look at the kind of think Standard fans did, that should be the minimum.
  • edited December 2015
    It is very worrying. At times tonight I looked around the ground and so many fans were completely emotionless. It's almost like 50% have totally given up, not that I blame them. The passion for so many seems to have totally disappeared.
  • Roland is a visionary.

Maybe the G21 all that time ago were the real visionaries, but very many said to them 'not in my name'.