Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kashi update (of sorts)

124»

Comments

• Good luck coming back from that , I tore my Achilles a couple of years back and lost my explosive pace for a while (in fact I never had it to lose) and was very conscious of it for a good 18 months afterwards whilst playing sport
    First time I ever did any proper exercise in my life to get muscle back in to my leg , proper agg
    He's an athlete so will come back to full strength quicker but with his game it may take some time for him to be psychologically fully committed to challenges etc
    One upside is that by the time he gets fully fit he'll prolly be our longest serving and oldest player if Rolys experiment continues its merry way to nowhere
  • One word : Bollocks

Thats three?
  • SDAddick said:

There is a lot of nonsense and attempts at cheap points scoring on here. The notion of "dithering" on a tendon injury is ridiculous. I've posted on this various times, but I have had achilles injuries, and unless there is a full or nearly full rupture to the tendon, the best course of action is to usually attempt to reduce the swelling and have the body heal itself. Achilles surgery carries its own risk, as there is the possibility that during the procedure the tendon can rupture completely as it is very delicate. The doctors did what just about any doctor would do.

Gutted, I really rate Ahmed.

Can second one thing having had a partial achilles tear, it took forever to heal but eventually recovered on it's own and is pretty good now - minus a few degrees of bend (possibly due to half-arsed following of the rehab exercises).

Gut feeling is that the long-term outcome is more likely to be a good one going down this route than surgery. But that's based on nothing other than opinion.

Probably best to trust our professional sports physio's decision anyway? Unless he hasn't been wearing his foil hat and Roland's taken over his mind for his evil purposes as well.
  • I have had a dodgy Achilles for a while, tendinitis keeps coming back and the doctor keeps saying "just rest it a bit, wear more comfortable shoes" but eventually it comes back. Mainly my own fault since I have pretty weak legs (chicken legs) and they need strengthening. But it's something that can be recurring and incredibly frustrating. And it is indeed in the back of my mind when I play cricket in the summer and affects my performance.
  • There are some very fair comments on here from @Exiled_Addick and others, and very welcome info from @Ollywozere . On their own, those comments would be more than enough for me to believe that Kashi has been unfortunate, and to believe he's in the best hands for a recovery.

The lingering problem for me though is Vetokele. We were told during last season that he had an achilles problem too, yet it was clear to everyone, and pretty much conceded by the club, that he was played when he should have been treated. Then after a long time (not surprising if it was achilles) he returns, but patently overweight, and clearly with something wrong with him. We heard that there was a dispute within the club professionals about what, if anything was wrong with him. Now he has had an op too, for something completely different. Again the groin inflammation is doubtless an unfortunate coincidence, but the whole story with Igor does not inspire confidence, and has doubtless led to the doubts expressed here about Kashi. Maybe something positive has now changed behind the scenes, and certainly there is a welcome attempt by Olly at least to give us the max possible information. I just do hope we have a medical setup commensurate with a club of our current stature and that the medical side does not suffer from arbitrary budget limitation in line with the apparent goal to out perform our financial resource (a goal we are anyway not meeting)