Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland at The Valley for meetings

Comments

• Scoham said:

No mention of why and he won't be staying for the Leeds game...

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=114927&headline=Roland Duchatelet in at Charlton Athletic for talks - but not set to stay for Leeds United match&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2015

Roland Duchatelet has been in for meetings at Charlton Athletic this week - but the owner is not set to stay on to watch Saturday’s home match against Leeds United.

The Belgian tycoon visiting The Valley is not a rare occurrence.

But Duchatelet is expected to fly home before the Championship match - rather than watching the Addicks try and pick up crucial points as they aim to climb back out of the Championship relegation zone.

It has been over 400 days since the Addicks chief has attended a match, although chief executive Katrien Meire has previously stated that he has all the games beamed back.
    Charlton fans have protested at the running of the club in recent months.

There was a demonstration outside the West Stand - in which chants were aimed at Duchatelet and Meire - before a 3-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday on November 7.

And supporters also held up flyers - protesting that there was a bigger portion of unhappy fans than previously stated by Meire - during the Sky Sports-televised game against Ipswich on November 28.

Santa Claus really is coming to town.
  • adrian said:

Pretty poor that he can't event be bothered sticking around for the Leeds game.

Let's hope the meeting is with a rich American tycoon offering to buy the club off him!

The good news, he's talking to an American billionaire.
    The bad news, it's Donald Trump.
    I'd be delighted if Donald Trump buys the club.
    The money, the publicity....
    doubt he'd ever be able to attend a game
  • colin1961 said:

Why should he stay ... It's a business how many owners of business's around the world sit in their offices on a Saturday .....

Loads do.Seven days in a week to make money.
    It's the employees that don't have to show that level of commitment, as seen on the pitch at our club on a Saturday.
  • Potential new owners?
  • Addicted said:

colin1961 said:

Why should he stay ... It's a business how many owners of business's around the world sit in their offices on a Saturday .....

This Gif needs to replace the "Thanks Colin" line now
  • Roly has the new play list for DJ Brussels and wanted to give it to him personally so he could get a few of his favourite tracks played.

that's the word around the clubs anyway.
  • edited December 2015
    Giving out annual "Performance Bonuses" to management?
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Potential new owners?

Not a chance

• He's over to be Santa at the Jr Reds Xmas party.

• J BLOCK said:

Potential new owners?

Not a chance

Why? He's losing money, fans are against him and he bowed to pressure at SL in the end
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Potential new owners?

Not a chance

Why? He's losing money, fans are against him and he bowed to pressure at SL in the end
    Nowt to do with fan pressure. More to do with not wanting to explain the ownership set up at St Truiden.
  • did he use to watch Standard Liege?

Yes, he did.
  • Has anyone met Colin in real life? Is he like this in person?

As for the original topic, it's really sad. Maybe Duchatelet doesn't want to witness a potential 0-3 defeat and be put in a difficult situation at the Valley - he must be aware of the ongoing protest.
  • Didn't someone say he was allegedly in a relationship with KM. Perhaps he is like Santa and only comes once a year!
  • I just hope he picks the team for Saturday before he leaves.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    From one of the fans meetings last season, I cant remember if it was KM at Bromley or Buyens and JBG at Eltham. But he regualrly comes over during the week (Or did then) but had other commitments including business and family at weekends.

To be honest I really don't care if he attends matches, his presence at our crap performances will do nothing and allegedly he watches a stream of every game, so being here will not enlighten him to our crappyness.

Lets face it being here would not enable him to evaluate the quality of the team, we know from his buys that is not a skill he possesses and he will be fully aware of the 2% (Smiley face) discontent.

I'd suggest, that we should (and I suppose are) be more upset that some old git with Euro 1/2 billion is not investing in quality players from the Championship than the fact he is not investing in an extra night in a premier inn.
  • KM said we're his baby. But in fact we're more like his illegitimate child that he rarely comes to visit/refuses to meet in person. :(

I wish he would put us up for adoption.
  • colin1961 said:

a lot, actually.
  • _MrDick said:

He's over to make sure the club shop is filled with Black n White scarves. After all, business is business.

Good idea, Myabe we could ask KM If we could also change the kit and play in Black and White.
  • He left his wallet here 400 days ago, Katrien found it while hoovering the office the other day - everything is now going to be OK!!
  • Hopefully he is giving KM her C4 (Belgian equivalent of P45)
  • Kap10 said:

From one of the fans meetings last season, I cant remember if it was KM at Bromley or Buyens and JBG at Eltham. But he regualrly comes over during the week (Or did then) but had other commitments including business and family at weekends.

To be honest I really don't care if he attends matches, his presence at our crap performances will do nothing and allegedly he watches a stream of every game, so being here will not enlighten him to our crappyness.

Lets face it being here would not enable him to evaluate the quality of the team, we know from his buys that is not a skill he possesses and he will be fully aware of the 2% (Smiley face) discontent.

I'd suggest, that we should (and I suppose are) be more upset that some old git with Euro 1/2 billion is not investing in quality players from the Championship than the fact he is not investing in an extra night in a premier inn.

So why not come over next Tuesday, then, and take in the Bolton match?
  • Kap10 said:

So why not come over next Tuesday, then, and take in the Bolton match?
    I don't know and really don't care!
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Potential new owners?

Not a chance

Nowt to do with fan pressure. More to do with not wanting to explain the ownership set up at St Truiden.
    Is that fact? I must have missed that