Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland at The Valley for meetings

No mention of why and he won't be staying for the Leeds game...

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=114927&headline=Roland Duchatelet in at Charlton Athletic for talks - but not set to stay for Leeds United match&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2015

Roland Duchatelet has been in for meetings at Charlton Athletic this week - but the owner is not set to stay on to watch Saturday’s home match against Leeds United.

The Belgian tycoon visiting The Valley is not a rare occurrence.

But Duchatelet is expected to fly home before the Championship match - rather than watching the Addicks try and pick up crucial points as they aim to climb back out of the Championship relegation zone.

It has been over 400 days since the Addicks chief has attended a match, although chief executive Katrien Meire has previously stated that he has all the games beamed back.
Charlton fans have protested at the running of the club in recent months.

There was a demonstration outside the West Stand - in which chants were aimed at Duchatelet and Meire - before a 3-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday on November 7.

And supporters also held up flyers - protesting that there was a bigger portion of unhappy fans than previously stated by Meire - during the Sky Sports-televised game against Ipswich on November 28.

Comments

• Wish I knew he was visiting the museum, we could have shown him around. :smile:
  • Bizarre that it's 400 days since he last saw a match.

Over here to talk to KF no doubt.
  • did he use to watch Standard Liege?
  • Is Roland included in the 3,000 season ticket no-show figures?

If he can't be bothered to turn up, why should we?
  • Sponsored links:

• I've figured it out guys.

'It has been over 400 days since the Addicks chief has attended a match,'

His aim is quite obviously to push us all to do the same! And it's working
  • Wish I knew he was visiting the museum, we could have shown him around. :smile:

Out of interest is there any link from the CAFC website giving the Museums opening times and location etc. Couldn't find one (doesn't mean it doesn't exist!). I know a fan who lives "up North" who doesn't get to many games but wants to look in at the Museum next time he visits The Valley.
  • Over here with the paperwork for KF to sign and become the new perm Interim Head Coach
  • edited December 2015
    disgraceful! nothing more to say!
  • Must be to impress on everyone that relegation is not an option.
  • Picking up all of his Christmas presents from the supporters?
  • I have it on good authority that he came over to choose a coffee table and some lovely curtains to brighten up the sofa. Apparently he has also asked Katrien to count the attendance on Saturday to see how close to 20K we are now. The problem with him being seen at a game is that it would now cause uproar. What a strange contradiction that we are getting such a sophisticated irrigation system as we slide gently into the lower leagues. There's nowt as queer as Belgian folks !
  • limeygent said:

Picking up all of his Christmas presents from the supporters?

Hope he opens mine soon then. It has a very short best by date.

• colin1961 said:

Why should he stay ... It's a business how many owners of business's around the world sit in their offices on a Saturday .....

Is this for real? Does it even dignify a response?

Colin, you do know the sporting world often is 'working' on a Saturday right?
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Why should he stay ... It's a business how many owners of business's around the world sit in their offices on a Saturday .....

He's in the electronics world. His sporting activity is just a hobby.

• colin1961 said:

If it were a hobby wouldn't he want to watch us, want to enjoy it etc?

Pretty certain Charlton is very much a business for the man.
  • Addicted said:

colin1961 said:

Brilliant! Love that film.
  • colin1961 said:

If it were a hobby wouldn't he want to watch us, want to enjoy it etc?

Pretty certain Charlton is very much a business for the man.
    The team is not his hobby. The plan to run a club and beat the system is his hobby. He doesn't need to watch games to do that.

• edited December 2015
    colin1961 said:

I'm starting think that you are actually Roly.

I wouldn't, he'd sell off all of our heirlooms and replace them with European tack (but the front door would have got a new coat of paint so can't complain) !
  • I have a source that tells me a Charlton Supporter, combined with a Euromillions Win, is eager for a meeting with Roland...all very hush hush, it will be hidden in plain sight by the tea hut on Blackheath.
  • Pretty poor that he can't event be bothered sticking around for the Leeds game.

Let's hope the meeting is with a rich American tycoon offering to buy the club off him!

The good news, he's talking to an American billionaire.
    The bad news, it's Donald Trump.
    I'd be delighted if Donald Trump buys the club.
    The money, the publicity....