Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Naby Sarr

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2015

I remember Refus at Bolton away not sure if it was his debut we lost 5-1 at there old ground. I thought he had a great game.yet was stunned to see others saying he was shit and to weakRufus weak amaze me some peoples opinions. I think he done pretty well for us in the end. Give this kid a chance before we slag him and send him to scrap heap.

You need to get to understand the stupidity of Charlton fans on this forum. When we win, everyone played well. When we lose, everyone was terrible.

NO grey areas; Everything is black and white.
    In Defense of Charlton fans, you could say that about most clubs.

We were helped on Saturday by Sheff Wed doing a CAFC impersonation with little energy, slow to pick up runners and over hit passes.

Charlton in comparison, for the first time since the first 4 games of the season,
    were on the front foot and resembled a team from the top half of the Championship and not a team in 23rd place.

Last season at home to Watford we won 1-0, but Watford had 10 good chances;
    The comments at the time was we played well defensively ?
    We did make blocks and saves but it was down to their profligate strikers on the day. In the return their had 10 good chances and scored 5 with 2 cleared off the line and a couple of decent saves.

At Norwich we won 1-0, and had 1 shot at goal and couldn't string two passes together all night, except for the goal, the rest of the game their had the ball and we tried to make saves and blocks. It came off on the night but most times when we have played like that we lose.

We want Black and white off the pitch.

And All the shades of Grey on It ?

That right; Sexy Football.

Let Them Entertain us.

• Options
    Apart from the slip, ive been very impressed by him last few games. Slowly becoming a decent CB I think. Like many players he just needs the time to 'learn the english game'
  • Options
    would we be even having this conversation if Morrison hadn't been let go?
  • Options

would we be even having this conversation if Morrison hadn't been let go?

I'd like to think so as would be good to have both Morrison and Sarr

After a shaky start I do think Naby Sarr could become a really good Centre-Back given time
  • Options
    No we'd be saying 'kin ell Morrison is having a mare at the moment why don't we give that lad Sarr a go in the first team'.
  • Options
    Won't be given time though
  • Options

I remember Refus at Bolton away not sure if it was his debut we lost 5-1 at there old ground. I thought he had a great game.yet was stunned to see others saying he was shit and to weakRufus weak amaze me some peoples opinions. I think he done pretty well for us in the end. Give this kid a chance before we slag him and send him to scrap heap.

You need to get to understand the stupidity of Charlton fans on this forum. When we win, everyone played well. When we lose, everyone was terrible.

Think that might be a bit strong Nick. You're a Charlton fan on this forum. It's true there are people who overreact on here but tarring everyone with the same brush is just as stupid as getting over-excited about a win.
  • Options

Think that might be a bit strong Nick. You're a Charlton fan on this forum. It's true there are people who overreact on here but tarring everyone with the same brush is just as stupid as getting over-excited about a win.
    I'm stupid soapboxsam ???
    Because after losing 5 on the bounce and not scoring in 5 matches,
    I was going Ape every time we had a corner !

• Options
    Good luck to him.  I dare say that’s a big old pay day right there 
  • Options
    sportswashing

tough quandary for @Leuth
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck Naby.

Bit warmer there than SE797
  • Options
    No 23 yet again
  • Options
    sportswashing

Shame really, would have been nice to see him keep trying to crack proper football. Not sure how much Reading's relegation can be pinned on him tbh but it feels very much like our last relegation - he wasn't necessarily to blame but couldn't quite staunch the tide either
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    sportswashing

Shame really, would have been nice to see him keep trying to crack proper football. Not sure how much Reading's relegation can be pinned on him tbh but it feels very much like our last relegation - he wasn't necessarily to blame but couldn't quite staunch the tide either
    Surely Reading's relegation was down to points deduction and being run by poor owners? I've not followed how Naby was doing there but the bad owners thing gets you in the end (multiple times in our case). 
  • Options
    That's a shame. A very naive part of me wished that he would come home. If nothing else, I hoped he would get another club in the Championship to continue to prove all the hater and the losers wrong. 

This was discussed with Benzema, but for practicing Muslim players, there is a real appeal to playing in a Muslim country (in addition to the money, obviously). I just wish Qatar wasn't using such a charming, likable, gifted footballer for their sportswashing. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    That's a shame. A very naive part of me wished that he would come home. If nothing else, I hoped he would get another club in the Championship to continue to prove all the hater and the losers wrong. 

This was discussed with Benzema, but for practicing Muslim players, there is a real appeal to playing in a Muslim country (in addition to the money, obviously). I just wish Qatar wasn't using such a charming, likable, gifted footballer for their sportswashing. 
    Whatever his limitations I loved watching Naby play and he is one of my favourite Charlton players. I hope it all works out for him.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Swisdom said:
    Good luck to him.  I dare say that’s a big old pay day right there 
    Oh yes, he's hit the jackpot alright.

Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Look forward to seeing how he gets on out here. I know a couple of younger squad players there so will get down to game or two.