Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel Fraeye on support from Charlton fans, the injury crisis and talks with Roland Duchatelet

Comments

• I picked option 1 on the other thread about what welcome to give him but now I've read this he's getting booed. Prick.
  • Sorry Karel I'm afraid Mr Duchatelet has had the last of my HARD EARNED CASH! I was one of the "positive (ish)" ones early on but enough is enough. I have watched some toilet in my 50 years of going to the valley but it felt somehow different. Yes, we have always been a selling club, no, we have not had a lot of success over the years but this was good old Charlton, a club I loved, my Dad loved, my Grandad loved and then when my two boys were old enough to go, they loved. Dad and Grandad are no longer here (god bless them) and my two boys are now men come occasionally but that is enough now.
    We shall not return to the Valley until this mess is sorted out, whether that is until the club is sold or the present owner decides it would be helpful to employ a decent manager and back him up with a decent squad, yes we have some very good players as we saw at the beginning of the season but it was always going to happen that we get injuries and suspensions. Well Mr Duchatelet if you have my beloved club at heart you will stop being "invisible" or hiding behind whats her name and get in some good loan players and in January spend some of your millions on some class signings OR SELL UP!
    Yes I will always follow the match day threads, thanks RM & SP and others! and of course watch any games on tv BUT no more money am I paying out to be pissed off and spoiling my weekend, this is what I don't think Mr Duchatelet gets, it REALLY does spoil my weekend!............anyway lads and lasses on wards and upwards, all the best for the west stand "get together" on Saturday.

COYR..........

I appreciate how you feel about it.

Why not turn up for the protest at Sheff Weds or Ipswich Sky match, make your voice heard ? It may also make you feel a bit better.
  • edited November 2015
  • vff said:

Sorry Karel I'm afraid Mr Duchatelet has had the last of my HARD EARNED CASH! I was one of the "positive (ish)" ones early on but enough is enough. I have watched some toilet in my 50 years of going to the valley but it felt somehow different. Yes, we have always been a selling club, no, we have not had a lot of success over the years but this was good old Charlton, a club I loved, my Dad loved, my Grandad loved and then when my two boys were old enough to go, they loved. Dad and Grandad are no longer here (god bless them) and my two boys are now men come occasionally but that is enough now.
    We shall not return to the Valley until this mess is sorted out, whether that is until the club is sold or the present owner decides it would be helpful to employ a decent manager and back him up with a decent squad, yes we have some very good players as we saw at the beginning of the season but it was always going to happen that we get injuries and suspensions. Well Mr Duchatelet if you have my beloved club at heart you will stop being "invisible" or hiding behind whats her name and get in some good loan players and in January spend some of your millions on some class signings OR SELL UP!
    Yes I will always follow the match day threads, thanks RM & SP and others! and of course watch any games on tv BUT no more money am I paying out to be pissed off and spoiling my weekend, this is what I don't think Mr Duchatelet gets, it REALLY does spoil my weekend!............anyway lads and lasses on wards and upwards, all the best for the west stand "get together" on Saturday.

COYR..........

I appreciate how you feel about it.

Why not turn up for the protest at Sheff Weds or Ipswich Sky match, make your voice heard ? It may also make you feel a bit better.
    Yeah I might just do that but I don't want to show myself up!......I might struggle to keep my emotions intact!
    No one else can hear me moaning or swearing at home (except the wife & dog!)
  • To be fair to him what else can he say. Does sound like he's feeling a bit of pressure though.

Does he speak for the invisible woman? Will she ever be seen again (other than at business conferences, obviously)?
    'Invisible woman'? She can always be seen in the W.S.L at home matches.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I know there's not a lot he can say, but I still read that and thought "go fuck yourself."

What does he know about it? What does he even know about our home? Who is he to tell us who we should be backing? Not a single member of the coaching or playing staff has earnt the right to be supported this season. We've supported our club through thick and exceptionally thin. I'm not going to back him or the players now just because...you know, that's what home fans do.

He's best off keeping his mouth shut on the subject.

Am thinking he should keep his mouth shut period.
  • As soon as I read his post match MKD comments I deemed him to be a prick.
    This confirms it.
    Fuck off you 2 bob Belgian arsewipe no mark.

Is he Belgian ?
  • PL54 said:

As soon as I read his post match MKD comments I deemed him to be a prick.
    This confirms it.

Is he Belgian ?
    If he isn't, he should be.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

As soon as I read his post match MKD comments I deemed him to be a prick.
    This confirms it.

Is he Belgian ?
    Belgium
  • It is our job as fans to back the team, but his job is to improve players by coaching, to organise a team and most importantly get points. Well Mr Fry we are far better at our "job" than you appear to be at yours, so please refrain from criticising the performance of those more qualified than you.
  • To be fair to him what else can he say. Does sound like he's feeling a bit of pressure though.

Perhaps he's only just realised that VW Hamme have already appointed his replacement so he has no job to go back to
  • As soon as I read his post match MKD comments I deemed him to be a prick.
    This confirms it.

Time to climb down off the fence and say what you really think about him
  • We (fans) have never failed to do our job - can you and the players say the same, KF ?
  • I picked option 1 on the other thread about what welcome to give him but now I've read this he's getting booed. Prick.

Funny I was just thinking the exact same thing. Reading the drivel he comes out with just winds me up more and more.
  • edited November 2015
    Well that's all sorted me old Fromage, it is OUR fault... We are naughty boys (and girls)
  • Bad choice of words there Karel, I think he is trying to protect a bunch of players who are clearly low on confidence and who will not be helped by a toxic atmosphere - which is of course his bosses causing. If he literally meant it that way, well, I would say actually it's RD's job to run the club properly and invest in the appropriate manager and players needed to at least compete.

It would have been better if he had said something like 'We are going to play positive football, and hope the crowd will be positive with us as well'.

Actually maybe I could be the next Charlton manager with that sort of suave line.

With a name like that you're too caught up in the past & obviously far too experienced & probably not on the owners payroll anyway ......... next !
  • waldo said:

To be fair to him what else can he say. Does sound like he's feeling a bit of pressure though.

Does he speak for the invisible woman? Will she ever be seen again (other than at business conferences, obviously)?
    Yeah, let's see on Saturday, huh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Pardew was fond of blaming the fans - KF must have learnt from the master.
  • edited November 2015

waldo said:

To be fair to him what else can he say. Does sound like he's feeling a bit of pressure though.

Invisible since she delivered Luzon's marching orders, offering no explanation of the club's position, despite being its notional leader and there being an acute and obvious crisis in the ranks, just as she went to ground when the season tickets went missing. Admittedly she puts one or other foot in her mouth every time she opens it, but as the esteemed Grapevine49 has said a chief exec must lead. She can't do that hiding under the boardroom table.
    I agree with you @Airman Brown btw ... My comment was related to "she might normally be seen there but let's see on Saturday... Huh?"

(See my Photoshop jobs for the high esteem I hold her in!)
  • RD brings in Karel for all of the hate to be deflected on to him then when things can not get any worse brings in someone from out of the network...

What ever the intentions are I have no interest in spending a penny that goes into RD's pocket.
  • waldo said:

Invisible since she delivered Luzon's marching orders, offering no explanation of the club's position, despite being its notional leader and there being an acute and obvious crisis in the ranks, just as she went to ground when the season tickets went missing. Admittedly she puts one or other foot in her mouth every time she opens it, but as the esteemed Grapevine49 has said a chief exec must lead. She can't do that hiding under the boardroom table.
    Oi, me and her had a lot of fun under the boardroom table I'll have you know.
  • I think that Karel's comments are well-intentioned. However, he just doesn't have the experience or the authority to say anything worth hearing.

I wish him no harm, but I'd like him to **** off back to coaching Conference level footballers.
  • Sigh. Have just decided that I am not going Saturday which means my son as weĺl.

Sending the Everton kid home a couple of days early and claiming this was because he was not up for the fight and suggesting what a hard man he is.....

I can't be bothered to moan. 55 yrs support and a season ticket holder I am going shopping instead.
  • I am only going for the protest. Let's hope as many as possible attend it. KM and RD need to know and realise we are not accepting our club being run into the ground and managed by people not up to the job.