Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel Fraeye on support from Charlton fans, the injury crisis and talks with Roland Duchatelet

“I’m not blind or stupid, I know the controversy - I can only hope that the supporters are backing the players. A home game should be an advantage. I hope they do their job because we can only do our job."

Full quotes here: http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/13947844.Fraeye_urges_Charlton_fans_to____do_their_job____and_back_the_team_amid_protest_rumours/

Comments

• But it is the most important thing as we need a prober manager NOW.
  • You need fit and capable players. Open your wallet RD ...
  • “I hope they do their job because we can only do our job.... Yes badly hence the protest!
  • To be fair to him what else can he say. Does sound like he's feeling a bit of pressure though.
  • To be fair to him what else can he say. Does sound like he's feeling a bit of pressure though.

It's because he's not used to more than one man and his dog turning up to watch his team play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Piss off Karel
  • Bad choice of words there Karel, I think he is trying to protect a bunch of players who are clearly low on confidence and who will not be helped by a toxic atmosphere - which is of course his bosses causing. If he literally meant it that way, well, I would say actually it's RD's job to run the club properly and invest in the appropriate manager and players needed to at least compete.

It would have been better if he had said something like 'I have absolutely no idea about football, so if the crowd can constantly tell RD, KM and myself to piss off, then we will'.

Actually maybe I could be the next Charlton manager with that sort of suave line.

• I would like to offer everyone my most humble apologies.

It has come to light that it is my fault we are on this losing streak, have a thread bare squad, have had a succession of poor managers and that our current players have little or no confidence.

If only I had done my job properly and sung a bit more at matches, declared my undying love for our wonderful owner and CEO and backed the players on the occasions they’ve been underperforming this season, then this would all never have happened.

I’m sorry everyone. From Saturday I will “do my job” as Carol has said I should be doing.

you could've smiled a bit more as well.
  • Fuck off you no-mark clown.
  • While Charlton’s next permanent manager remains unknown, Fraeye insisted that his situation is not important and that he has not held talks with owner Roland Duchatelet.
    That kinda answers the question as to who's in charge, Roland or Katrien (who seems to have vanished recently)
  • 'New manager wins fans over.'

Yeah, keep going Karel.
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

It's not the manager, its down to us ...you couldn't make it up :smiley:

Although you seem to have done exactly that.

He didn't say "it's not the manage, it's down to us".
  • He must be taking lessons in diplomacy from The Arrogant One In The Boardroom.
  • Chizz said:

stonemuse said:

Pedant
  • edited November 2015
    stonemuse said:

Chizz said:

stonemuse said:

Pedant
    It's fair to criticise him for what he does or what he says. But it's a bit unfair to criticise him for things you've made up!

(And you should use a full-stop after "Pedant").

;-)
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I know there's not a lot he can say, but I still read that and thought "go fuck yourself."

What does he know about it? What does he even know about our home? Who is he to tell us who we should be backing? Not a single member of the coaching or playing staff has earnt the right to be supported this season. We've supported our club through thick and exceptionally thin. I'm not going to back him or the players now just because...you know, that's what home fans do.

He's best off keeping his mouth shut on the subject.

He says if he were offered the job he'd be stupid not to take it. Must be the special bond he has now, since returning to Charlton felt like a homecoming.

• Chizz said:

stonemuse said:

Chizz said:

stonemuse said:

Pedant
    It's fair to criticise him for what he does or what he says. But it's a bit unfair to criticise him for things you've made up!

(And you should use a full-stop after "Pedant">)

;-)
    If you say so.