Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any rumours on the recruitment of a new manager?

13»

Comments

• edited November 2015

I dont think any British based manager would want the job anyway.

we keep hearing this trotted out but it's complete rubbish. Ian Holloway, Billy Davies, Malky McKay, Lee Clark, Sean O'Driscoll etc etc would jump at the chance. We may not want any of them but they'd want it.
    True, there must be 50 former managers out there looking for another job, either because they need the money or they're bored of being a TV pundit.

Then there will be lower division managers who would see the Charlton job as a big step up.
  • I dont think any British based manager would want the job anyway.

we keep hearing this trotted out but it's complete rubbish. Ian Holloway, Billy Davies, Malky McKay, Lee Clark, Sean O'Driscoll etc etc would jump at the chance. We may not want any of them but they'd want it.
    Clearly meaning that we would want them too. All those listed are shite. Or racist.
  • PL54 said:

I dont think any British based manager would want the job anyway.

Would rather Karel Fraeye than any of that lot
    And there you have it
    Oh I've been saying that for a while... People want an experienced Championship Manager but if we couldnt get someone like Lambert / Pearson etc. then I'd want us to go for someone with new ideas and maybe with a point to prove (Dean Smith / Justin Edinburgh / Karel Fraeye).

• Surely the key question is how many people does Roly know and trust?

Hopefully, we are already near the bottom of his list and we can soon start looking for someone with some credible qualifications to do the job long-term and not just cause a short term bounce.
  • Addicted said:

I highly doubt a search has even been conducted as our CEO has spent quite some time off doing non-CAFC things during this period.

like getting the Vaz Te deal across the line and probably looking into other player availability.
  • edited November 2015
    Addicted said:

I highly doubt a search has even been conducted as our CEO has spent quite some time off doing non-CAFC things during this period.

Could she have been going for Job interviews ?

• Addicted said:

Hopefully her own for a position elsewhere!
  • edited November 2015
    Addicted said:

Do tell?! What's she been doing?? Is she upgrading the sofa to one of those four seater corner units?

There I was I thinking that a CEO, was supposed to to CEO type stuff related to what they were CEO of!
  • edited November 2015
    He only recruits managers he knows, and often ones he's sacked before.

He knows Chris Powell. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Addicted said:

I'll give her a reference if it helps her on her way.
  • I suspect we'll get someone until the end of the season then a permanent person after Belgium crash out of the euros and Wilmotts falls on his sword.

And I'm not even joking
  • edited November 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

Addicted said:

like getting the Vaz Te deal across the line and probably looking into other player availability.
    I'm sure Chris Parkes amongst others would have something to say about that...

Katrien Meire wouldn't have even heard of Vaz Te, she will have just nodded her head and accepted we needed to fork out for a player for a few reasons.