Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any rumours on the recruitment of a new manager?

Comments

• You'd of thought we would have heard something by now if they genuinely where looking at applications. Speaks volumes that we havent. Likely stuck with KF for the season.
  • Any news? It's all gone a bit quiet. What are they waiting for?
  • Thought it pretty clear from watching the full recording of last weeks meeting that Fraeye is getting a chance in the job.
  • Wilmots is the funniest rumour we've ever had on here.
  • In not convinced they would know where to look.

!
    !
    v

Belgium - I never thought of there. Hopefully Roly doesn't either.
  • Wilmots is the funniest rumour we've ever had on here.

Mentioned on Sky News this morning that he doesn't speak English!

Shame that as clearly going to impact on communication with our squad!
  • He used to when he was in Rentaghost*

*I can't remember what dogshit 80's TV program he was on, it's just a joke, it needn't be factually correct
  • Sponsored links:

• Reading the Evening News on the tube tonight after the England game. According to them, it's Fraeye if he gets some sort of result Saturday
  • Reading the Evening News on the tube tonight after the England game. According to them, it's Fraeye if he gets some sort of result Saturday

The tricky thing is if we lose badly. Do they keep him on until he gets a good result, or start again?
  • If we start (or, actually, carry on) winning under KF, shouldn't he get the job?
  • Chizz said:

If we start (or, actually, carry on) winning under KF, shouldn't he get the job?

So that it can be proved the sixth correct decision in a row that in actual fact only lasts a few months?
  • We've beaten Sheffield Wednesday and Cray Wanderers since he arrived What more does he have to do? KM and RD are too demanding when it comes to managers.
  • You've got to love a zoom. I saw in the Standard last night that KF is being given more time. Some reference about interviewing other candidates which is a load of bollocks. We all know that they will either say 'we haven't found the right candidate yet because we are making sure we get this appointment spot on as it is for the long term etc' or, KF picks up a win in the next 2 games and they say they have seen enough of an upturn to know he is the man
  • As muggy Murrey told us, the owner needs to know and trust the manager, so Carol has already got the job.

• Didn't Meire say that Duchatelet will only hire someone he knows/trusts? I think there's no hope of having a British manager as long as Duchatelet owns the club.
  • Didn't Meire say that Duchatelet will only hire someone he knows/trusts? I think there's no hope of having a British manager as long as Duchatelet owns the club.

That's funny that, because I would trust Roland as far as I could throw him. He won't back you, then sack you when performances take a nose dive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Erm he's already in charge... Interim in Belgian means Probation!!

That means that Karel is just serving his probation period, so provided he doesn't shag the Secretary at the Christmas Party he'll be hired

If he shows a keen interest he's in there
  • Dave2l said:

Erm he's already in charge... Interim in Belgian means Probation!!

That means that Karel is just serving his probation period, so provided he doesn't shag the Secretary at the Christmas Party he'll be hired

If he shows a keen interest he's in there
    Speaking from experience?
  • I highly doubt a search has even been conducted as our CEO has spent quite some time off doing non-CAFC things during this period.
  • If there had been any meaningful dialogue with any British based manager then one of the tabloids would have caught wind of it. On that basis there hasn't.
  • I dont think any British based manager would want the job anyway.
  • It's not even a British manger we're after, just someone who has experience of managing in the English leagues. RD/KM seem to have not even understood our problem given the answers the other night.
  • Stop referring to the Head Coach as The Manager!

we keep hearing this trotted out but it's complete rubbish. Ian Holloway, Billy Davies, Malky McKay, Lee Clark, Sean O'Driscoll etc etc would jump at the chance. We may not want any of them but they'd want it.

we keep hearing this trotted out but it's complete rubbish. Ian Holloway, Billy Davies, Malky McKay, Lee Clark, Sean O'Driscoll etc etc would jump at the chance. We may not want any of them but they'd want it.
    Would rather Karel Fraeye than any of that lot

Would rather Karel Fraeye than any of that lot
    And there you have it