Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any rumours on the recruitment of a new manager?

I fully expect KF to be given however many games he needs to secure his first win, at which point he will be announced as manager, even if that comes in the JPT next season away to Dagenham & Redbridge. Yet do we or has anyone actually heard of any other names being interviewed, any rumours, any of those on here who sometimes have an inside track heard anything?

It just seems bizarre not to have picked up anything about anyone since GL's dismissal. Not a sausage. To me the lack of rumours and names being mentioned speaks volumes

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Erm he's already in charge... Interim in Belgian means Probation!!

That means that Karel is just serving his probation period, so provided he doesn't shag the Secretary at the Christmas Party he'll be hired
  • Wilmotts is the attacking midfielder we have been crying out for!!!!.
    Probably at his age quick enough to get into our team.
  • I am yet to be approached
  • There will be an announcement the day after we next win or draw a game.
  • Well someone had to do it?
  • dickplumb said:

Meire is interviewing them at the moment. Marc Willmotts is the favourite.

Think its probably more Gary Wilmot
  • Have to admit Marc Wilmotts (apart from his links to the "Network" already) wouldn't be a bad call as our manager. Only 46, already managing well at international level. I would much prefer an experienced Championship level manager, but lets face it we ain't ever going to get that until RD leaves (which ain't gonna be for a long time). If it was a choice between Wilmotts and someone who is 37 with 19 years management experience (yeah right) I'd go for Wilmotts.
  • Sponsored links:

"Someone with Championship experience...." He fits the bill....go for it.
  • Just need to hope that this side dont learn of the "Interim One"... We may struggle to keep hold of him

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34692356
  • Madz said:

Have to admit Marc Wilmotts (apart from his links to the "Network" already) wouldn't be a bad call as our manager. Only 46, already managing well at international level. I would much prefer an experienced Championship level manager, but lets face it we ain't ever going to get that until RD leaves (which ain't gonna be for a long time). If it was a choice between Wilmotts and someone who is 37 with 19 years management experience (yeah right) I'd go for Wilmotts.

So Wilmots can either go to Euro 2016 as a Manager or he can drop into the Championship / League One as a Manager...
    I didn't say he would take the job, just saying I'd prefer him over Fraeye if there was a choice :-)

He was being linked by some and I commented accordingly. I doubt it has any legs at all.

I've forgotten who he is !

• Scoham said:

There will be an announcement the day after we next win or draw a game.

Or win a corner.
  • Scoham said:

There will be an announcement the day after we next win or draw a game.

Or win a corner.
    Or the toss.

• Never mind all this lads and lassies, just lay down so that Roland can kick you in the teeth.
  • I think Fraeye will be around until the end of the season come what may. This interim title is not as a caretaker.

In May the club will look at which division we are in and decide what to do. If it's the Championship then KF gets the nod. If it's League One then I suspect he will be moved out to be replaced by another unknown Belgian.

It's looking grim. I don't see any hope of avoiding the drop.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seriously what about Nathan Jones at Brighton really had our youngsters playing well.could be tempted to be his own man.

Wont be Appleton..Hes now into acting
  • edited November 2015
    Did Colin just make the Wilmots thing up? Or did it actually come from somewhere else?
  • Did Colin just make the Wilmots thing up? Or did it actually come from somewhere else?

It came from the parallel universe that he lives in.
  • Did Colin just make the Wilmots thing up? Or did it actually come from somewhere else?

It came from the parallel universe that he lives in.
    Suspected that may be the case

Doesnt he make everything up?

Wont be Appleton..Hes now into acting
    This is uncanny...

• KM.... after searching high and low to find the right manager and interviewing 135 applications, we unanimously agree that Karel is the right man for the job. He has our wholehearted support and I'm sure he will be a success here at the Happy Valley.
  • Some Belgian bloke , we've sort of heard of.