Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

1253254255256257259»

Comments

• Not a classic to watch but a good drive by Norris. Feel like Mclaren messed up with Piastri’s strategy though. If they had gone for the undercut on Russell he might have had a chance to challenge Verstappen
  • edited September 22
    Bit ridiculous once again, having four cars in a team to help take the Fastest Lap away from Mclaren. Am sure VCARB will say that it was a nice gesture in Danny Ric's last race

That race wont be remembered for long though

Great job Lando.
  • Not a thriller. Going to need a Verstappen DNF to make this title fight real close 
  • 6 races left, gap to Verstappen is down to 52 points.

Still think MV will just about hang on though. It'll be interesting to see if RB can do anything with their car in the next 4 weeks.
  • I think Norris will do it. But a DNF for either driver will be massive.
  • 3 of the 6 remaining races have sprints, so there's a chance for Norris to claw back some extra points there as well.
  • I think this is going right to Abu Dhabi. I expect everyone to bring updates to Austin though which could shake things up. 
  • 3 of the 6 remaining races have sprints, so there's a chance for Norris to claw back some extra points there as well.
    The way I look at it is McLaren are now out on their own as the best team. They are now adopting team orders so Norris should be winning all or at least most of the remaining races. Verstappen did well today but Ferrari and Mercedes will beat Red Bull a few times and there is Piastri too. This makes it more likely than not Norris getting the points over Verstappen he needs.

DNFs could potentially put the cat amongst the pigeons either way but all things being what they are, I think Norris has to be the more likely. 
  • I still think we'll get at least one bizarre race in the run in , maybe Vegas or Brazil produce a cracker. I can't see it all being smooth sailing for McLaren and Lando. 

• Lando done what needed to be done today but still have doubts he can do it in quali + race to the end. Piastri performing well must be a problem to him.

with a fairly predictable last third to the race, no idea why they didn’t share the radio with Danny Ric around going for the fastest lap 
  • Sponsored links:

• Good weekend for Lando - got pole and controlled the race from there. He needs every weekend to go like that and Piastri (or others) to get between him and Verstappen. Red Bull upgrades supposedly due in Austin at the next race - if they work well then it might get a bit tighter. All to play for at the moment. 
  • Lando done what needed to be done today but still have doubts he can do it in quali + race to the end. Piastri performing well must be a problem to him.

with a fairly predictable last third to the race, no idea why they didn’t share the radio with Danny Ric around going for the fastest lap 
    I think it was a problem, but if there are now team orders, it helps him.
    The way I look at it is McLaren are now out on their own as the best team. They are now adopting team orders so Norris should be winning all or at least most of the remaining races. Verstappen did well today but Ferrari and Mercedes will beat Red Bull a few times and there is Piastri too. This makes it more likely than not Norris getting the points over Verstappen he needs.

DNFs could potentially put the cat amongst the pigeons either way but all things being what they are, I think Norris has to be the more likely. 
    Agreed but this is all assuming that RB can't improve their car to any significant extent over the next 4 weeks before USA.
  • edited September 23
    3 of the 6 remaining races have sprints, so there's a chance for Norris to claw back some extra points there as well.

Agreed but this is all assuming that RB can't improve their car to any significant extent over the next 4 weeks before USA.
    Yes, I agree. We can only go what we see now. RB look to be a team in turmoil but the sport can be unpredictable. 

It wasn't that important in the way of things but the Mercedes strategy for Hamilton was crap. If there would have been an early safety car, those on mediums could have gone on to hards at the same time. Those on mediums could have come in early as a tactic but all the softs did was meant he had to come in early and compromise his race. Maybe putting him on Hards would have made more sense but not mich more.
  • Bit ridiculous once again, having four cars in a team to help take the Fastest Lap away from Mclaren. Am sure VCARB will say that it was a nice gesture in Danny Ric's last race
    Bit embarrassing for Perez that they had to get Danny Ric to take the point off Lando. Not the first time that the Red Bull B-team come to the senior team's aid when needed. 
  • Seems like everyone that can escape Red Bull is - Ferrari tried to sign GP Lambiase to engineer Lewis but it didn't come off , would expect teams to be eyeing up Hannah Schmitz next. 
  • fenaddick said:

Watch the media all relate it to the Horner situation that turned out to be nothing yet again.. 
  • fenaddick said:

Watch the media all relate it to the Horner situation that turned out to be nothing yet again.. 
    Whether it does or doesn't have anything to do with Horner, they're losing some serious talent in a short space of time, so it's clear things are not great behind the scenes. If any company in any industry lost a few very senior members of staff quickly then questions would get asked.

No chance Verstappen will be sticking around either if this continues.
  • edited September 26
    Danny Ric has unsurprisingly left VCARB, shame they didnt just do it in Singapore as became a bit of an embarrassing send of for him

Liam Lawson back in his place
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if this is an audition for Checos seat for Lawson? Danny Ric has had his time and it felt like a weird fit for a so called junior team anyway. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I wonder if this is an audition for Checos seat for Lawson? Danny Ric has had his time and it felt like a weird fit for a so called junior team anyway. 
    Red Bull: "I swear Checo, you put in another 100 performances like Singapore, and we'll be seriously miffed"

Listening to Horner on the weekend, it sounds like they're basically waiting for Lindblad
  • Danny Ric has unsurprisingly left VCARB, shame they didnt just do it in Singapore as became a bit of an embarrassing send of for him

Liam Lawson back in his place
    Was really weirdly handled. Seemed everyone knew it was happening and anyone asked about it, including Ricciardo, made no effort to deny it but, for whatever reason, all had to stop just short of actually confirming it. Was a pretty shitty send off for someone who has been a very good ambassador for the sport, even if he has been a bit anonymous on track for the last few seasons.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I wonder if this is an audition for Checos seat for Lawson? Danny Ric has had his time and it felt like a weird fit for a so called junior team anyway. 
    Red Bull: "I swear Checo, you put in another 100 performances like Singapore, and we'll be seriously miffed"

Listening to Horner on the weekend, it sounds like they're basically waiting for Lindblad

Personally I think Lindblad is the next big hope for Red Bull. Hadjar needs to sort his head out , quick on his day but I think he's going to be beaten to the title now by the momentum Bortoleto has . Iwasa with the Honda link is probably a non starter. Marti,Goethe,Tramnitz aren't anything special. 

They genuinely might have to look outside the Red Bull family if Max walks. 
  • Ricciardo for a period was an immense driver, sadly ever since he went to Mclaren his performances went down hill, he, sadly, probably doesn't deserve a seat next year. Great character though, shame of no last shoey and no proper farewell.

I think at Abu Dhabi he should be there and get a parade lap, i'm sure he'll be sadly missed in the paddock, sport needs people like him.
  • He had a good career really, 13 years in F1 is more than a lot of drivers manage.