Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options

And now the announcement that Bottas will be leaving Mercedes end of 2020 season.

Maybe we will see Vettel in a Mercedes? Of course its a bit late, but would be great to see Vettel and Hamilton in the same team. I just can't see it myself, maybe they'll give it to Russell?

Can't see Vettel going there. Hamilton wouldn't want him and don't see the benefit of it for Mercedes. Has to be Russell surely

Also Bottas to Renault? I'm surprised by this one tbh
  • Options

And now the announcement that Bottas will be leaving Mercedes end of 2020 season.

Maybe we will see Vettel in a Mercedes? Of course its a bit late, but would be great to see Vettel and Hamilton in the same team. I just can't see it myself, maybe they'll give it to Russell?

Can't see Vettel going there. Hamilton wouldn't want him and don't see the benefit of it for Mercedes. Has to be Russell surely

Has this been announced? Maybe it will give Ocon the chance to show Mercedes they should've picked him over Bottas anyway.

I've actually raced against Ocon on GTSport a few times lol.

• Options

Has this been announced? Maybe it will give Ocon the chance to show Mercedes they should've picked him over Bottas anyway.

I've actually raced against Ocon on GTSport a few times lol.

No sorry I was just saying I was surprised that Bottas is leaving Merc
  • Options
    Where's the news that Bottas is going?
  • Options
    Personally, I rate Vettel higher than LeClerc. I do know many would disagree. I'd put him just below Hamilton because of the mistakes he makes under pressure. This is partly because he tries too hard, but he is quick and very competitive when he has the equipment.

It is clear that Ferrari had to pick one though.
    I do get that. I’m no Vettel fan, but his CV speaks for itself.
    However, even if you do rate Vettel highly, his career is undoubtedly on a downward trajectory now, so there has to come a time when Ferrari go for the upwardly mobile youth. And I can’t see any reason for them not to do that now.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Where's the news that Bottas is going?

I must apologise, I've just looked everywhere but I can't find it.

Unless I'm losing my marbles, I'm sure I read it on F1 instagram page but the post is no longer there.

• Options

Renault is an interesting one , they might have to go back to Hulkenburg , can't see that there's anything in the supposed Alonso comeback rumour. 

If Bottas became available however that would be a solid move. 
  • Options
    I think if LeClerk disapoints, it opens Ferrari up for Hamilton. Hamilton would love to finish his career winning the Championship in a Ferrari.
  • Options
    Vettel will retire I think. With the help of the all conquering blown rear diffuser Red Bull, his career peaked a few years ago. He has a young family and seems to be more a quiet family man than jet setting playboy. Arguably his heart hasn’t quite been in it to the same extent dating back to before his Ferrari days but definitely the last two disappointments seem to have knocked the stuffing out of him. 

I reckon this extended break at home with his family have made him realise the intensity and travel of F1 is not really the life he wants anymore and as he’s already reached the top he’s just going to retire and be at home more. 
  • Options
    When Vettel  was in his pomp there were still doubts over his ability to overtake other leading protagonists. Was fine at leading from pole and going off into the distance but had a lot worse record from off pole than his rivals  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    51 points so far in that formula 1 fantasy whatever it is 
  • Options
    Vettel will retire I think. With the help of the all conquering blown rear diffuser Red Bull, his career peaked a few years ago. He has a young family and seems to be more a quiet family man than jet setting playboy. Arguably his heart hasn’t quite been in it to the same extent dating back to before his Ferrari days but definitely the last two disappointments seem to have knocked the stuffing out of him. 

I reckon this extended break at home with his family have made him realise the intensity and travel of F1 is not really the life he wants anymore and as he’s already reached the top he’s just going to retire and be at home more. 
    It looks like Ferrari are doing a Danny Ric on Vettel now! What are the chances that he has to retire due to engine problems today?
  • Options

It looks like Ferrari are doing a Danny Ric on Vettel now! What are the chances that he has to retire due to engine problems today?
    Don't think it'll matter, he'll be struggling to get into the points anyway. Ferrari are screwed until Hungary at the moment.

Barring reliability issues or driver cockups the Mercs are going to absolutely dominate this season, more so than usual. It'll be like the early days of the turbo era. 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Don't think it'll matter, he'll be struggling to get into the points anyway. Ferrari are screwed until Hungary at the moment.

Don't think the aero changes planned for Hungary will make a significant difference as the rumours are they are heavy on tyre wear.

Ferrari's real issue is their engine is not powerful enough. Their illegal changes to it last season (which personally I think should have resulted in huge fines and points deduction) is now coming back to haunt them. Stubbornly sticking with Italian 'flair' over real technolgical enhancements.

The other Ferrair engine customers - Haas and Alpha - are not happy either to be scrapping down the bottom of the pile with Williams
  • Options
    51 points so far in that formula 1 fantasy whatever it is 
    @oohaahmortimer have you got the link please? Am sure I am in it but can’t find it. 
  • Options
    63 points but not showing I am in the league. What was the code to join ? 
  • Options
    https://fantasy.formula1.com/

Charlton Life league code: 323b46334a

• Options
    Cheers mate 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice to see the Red Bull out before quarter distance after the team moaned like bitches to the stewards all weekend. 
  • Options
    This season is going to be even worse than last. Can’t see how Mercedes don’t 1-2 every race. 
  • Options
    This season is going to be even worse than last. Can’t see how Mercedes don’t 1-2 every race. 
    It'll be down to crashes or the odd mechanical failure, but it's set to be a boring season.
  • Options
    Vettel driving like a bell
  • Options
    I'd argue its going to be more exciting than last year. At least 3rd to 10th looks interesting! 
  • Options
    Mercedes having gearbox issues and now there is a safety car so red bull have a chance to take the gap down

Race could be on now
  • Options
    Shame for Albon that was a neat over take!! 
  • Options
    Shame for George Russell, had a good chance of scoring his first point/s
  • Options
    Shame for Albon that was a neat over take!! 
    Least he got the position back - I wasn't sure myself if he'd got past Perez before the Safety Car got deployed 
  • Options
    Oh Albon!!!