Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Really pissed off at that Ferrari I wanted blue ffs
  • Options
    Racing Bulls livery for this weekend...

• Options
    Looks like an explosion in an ink factory.
  • Options
    Leclerc fucked that up 
  • Options
    edited May 3
    Williams have put in a request to the FIA, for Antonelli to be granted a Super Licence ahead of Imola.

Kimi isnt 18 until August, hence why the request has to be made.
  • Options
    edited May 3
    Williams have put in a request to the FIA, for Antonelli to be granted a Super Licence ahead of Imola.

Must suck to be Logan right now, if they don't approve the request he knows he's out as soon as he turns 18, and if they approve it he's out even earlier. 

Granted he's been pretty crap anyway.

It'll be interesting to see how quickly they try to promote Antonelli to the senior Mercedes seat if he's fast off the bat
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Must suck to be Logan right now, if they don't approve the request he knows he's out as soon as he turns 18, and if they approve it he's out even earlier. 

Granted he's been pretty crap anyway.

It'll be interesting to see how quickly they try to promote Antonelli to the senior Mercedes seat if he's fast off the bat
    Sargaent should have never even got an opportunity in 2023. Was totally cack in f2 and barely got enough super license points. He needs replacing asap but if antonelli is the answer this early on who knows. The Mercedes need for him to be the next verstappen could ruin him.
  • Options
    Jesus wept... three penalties for KMag in a Sprint race.
  • Options

I'd be getting Ollie Bearman on the phone. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

He really should be getting about six penalty points for it. Unfortunately those tactics from KMag are probably leaving Haas delighted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:

He really should be getting about six penalty points for it. Unfortunately those tactics from KMag are probably leaving Haas delighted.

I'm not sure how many points he's on ATM but 6 points would put anyone close to the line. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

I'm not sure how many points he's on ATM but 6 points would put anyone close to the line. 
    Yeah he's already got five points, so another six puts him one away from a race ban
  • Options
    Quite how KMag got a no further action for the unsportsmanlike behaviour summons I don't know.

Felt like admitting he was doing it on purpose to build a gap for Nico was a slam dunk. 
  • Options
    Yeah the red mist came down on KMag and he decided Lewis was gonna stay behind him or end up in a barrier I think. He'll be gone at the end of the season I think, there will be a few drivers on the market that would bring more to Haas (I'm still holding out for them to be sold to Andretti or something though) 
  • Options
    It might not be the flashiest of lineups but Zhou and Bearman at Haas? 
  • Options
    Well apparently Williams are looking at Gasly and Bottas, I expect one to sign alongside Albon (unless Red Bull give Albon a second chance in the big team in which case they could sign both) and we know Hulk is in at Audi/Sauber and likely to be joined by Sainz, or Pourchaire as an outside option.

Mercedes I think are pinning hopes on Antonelli being a hit so they can slide him right in next season. Ferrari want Bearman to have a seat and that is almost certainly at Haas. Alpine have Ocon and probably Doohan? Though neither him or Martins have really warranted getting a spot in F1.

VCARB will probably turn to Lawson at some point, especially if Red Bull decide against picking Sainz or Albon and promote "from within". 

Aston will stick with the Nepo baby and Alonso, I'm sure. 

2025 could be crazy in the driver market
  • Options
    I've watched most of the races so far this season including quali and the sprints but have to admit this Miami weekend has been exceptionally dull.
    Hoping something happens in the race later to make it a bit of a spectacle, otherwise it's 3 days of Verstappen winning 
  • Options
    Bottas is an interesting one , I can see the Williams return being appealing to him as one last hurrah but I also could see him retire and just follow his partner around the world cycling. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    It might not be the flashiest of lineups but Zhou and Bearman at Haas? 
    I still reckon it'll be Bearman with KMag... What we're seeing from Kevin is an attempt to keep his seat next season

Even watching his post-Sprint race interview, he didnt seem to enjoy having to racing like that
  • Options
    Sam I think you've raised a great point with Alpines lineup - they haven't really got that many alternative options that I'd consider strong , I'd expect if they make it change it will be Doohan but he didn't have the greatest of F2 careers. Martins is fast but incredibly erratic to the point that I'm not sure he'd be worth the gamble that he can iron it out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Said it after he won F4 UAE, but Freddie Slater really is going to be the next one to come through from these shores - Only Round One of the Italian F4 Championship, but he's not even had to fight for position yet, hardest job he's had is getting off the line, and a few Safety Car restarts which he's nailed every time

It'll be interesting to see how he does when he steps into F3 and F2 and starts racing against other highly rated prospects in their second years etc.
  • Options
    Said it after he won F4 UAE, but Freddie Slater really is going to be the next one to come through from these shores - Only Round One of the Italian F4 Championship, but he's not even had to fight for position yet, hardest job he's had is getting off the line, and a few Safety Car restarts which he's nailed every time

It'll be interesting to see how he does when he steps into F3 and F2 and starts racing against other highly rated prospects in their second years etc.

Will be interesting to see how long it is until he's academy signed , I know the financial side of things aren't an issue for Freddie but I'd expect F1 teams to be eyeing him up. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Will be interesting to see how long it is until he's academy signed , I know the financial side of things aren't an issue for Freddie but I'd expect F1 teams to be eyeing him up. 
    Cant wait to see where he goes, Red Bull or Mclaren I reckon

However; Red Bull have Lindblad / Mercedes have Antonelli and Powell / Ferrari have Bearman and Taponen, who likewise could walk away with FRECA (if he continues his winter form) / Mclaren have Ugochukwu.

So plenty of talent already tied up in the Academies.

Can see why he was nicknamed "See you later Slater" in karting.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Cant wait to see where he goes, Red Bull or Mclaren I reckon

However; Red Bull have Lindblad / Mercedes have Antonelli and Powell / Ferrari have Bearman and Taponen, who likewise could walk away with FRECA (if he continues his winter form) / Mclaren have Ugochukwu.

So plenty of talent already tied up in the Academies.

Can see why he was nicknamed "See you later Slater" in karting.

It's a tough one McLaren also kind of have Taylor Barnard but I'm not sure what the arrangement is with him because he's not running McLaren colours in F2 like Bortoleto. I think basically anywhere but Alpines academy would be a good move. 
  • Options
    Wait so Norris is going to be a full lap ahead? Wtf is going on here 
  • Options
    Ok don't worry they've waved everyone through haha
  • Options
    Lets go Lando!!
  • Options
    Brilliant race - Norris is quite simply quicker than Vercrappen on even terms. Same compound, no DRS. He’s just faster. Love it 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Another karting rival of my son Jacob. They are all coming through. Next one to keep an eye on in two or three years will be Kenzo Craigie. In Mercs books now. 

Adrian Slater, Freddies old man, owns Bayliss and Harding. A cosmetics company. 

He basically gave up school a few years ago to just be out racing every weekend. But you still need talent.

His younger brother races Ginettas ( the first rung on the car ladder) against a driver my business sponsors - Henry Joslyn. Henry is also balls out quick as well - but proves you need talent and money as Alfie Slater is nowhere.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Another karting rival of my son Jacob. They are all coming through. Next one to keep an eye on in two or three years will be Kenzo Craigie. In Mercs books now. 

Adrian Slater, Freddies old man, owns Bayliss and Harding. A cosmetics company. 

He basically gave up school a few years ago to just be out racing every weekend. But you still need talent.

His younger brother races Ginettas ( the first rung on the car ladder) against a driver my business sponsors - Henry Joslyn. Henry is also balls out quick as well - but proves you need talent and money as Alfie Slater is nowhere.
    I watched an interview with Ollie Bearman over the winter, who was saying his brother Thomas (?) was in karting, is he a name you've come across at all?