Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    Hal1x said:
    I think that Hamilton may have his work cut out justifying a huge pay rise next time round, Russell seems to have him in his pocket at the mo.
    Have you even watched the five races so far this season?
    Yup, all of them, he's beaten Hamilton 4-1 and in the other race finished directly behind him when he would not have been allowed to overtake. He's also out qualified Hamilton 4-1, after switching from a poorly performing team, into a new team geared solely towards Hamilton and a car Hamilton would have given input to.

All Hamilton seems to have done is whine, complain and bitch, (and decry having to remove his nose stud). Used to be a big fan, but nowadays he is so very far up his own arse. Have you heard his (admittedly edited) radio transmissions?, constantly arguing, over ruling his team, and bitching. I think he is supremely talented, and will be back, but I'm sure Toto will meantime try and get him to refocus on the job in hand.
    Eh? Hamilton is 3-2 up. At least get the facts right.

Fairs dos Autosport results kept reverting to race results
  • Options
    After the practice and qualifying stops i expected more of Miami, maybe they just worked out the course but it was a bit boring. Can't see Redbull being beaten, they look like they have the pace as long as they don't mess up tactically or run into problems. 
  • Options
    Verstappen is such a whiny bitch.
  • Options
    Verstappen is such a whiny bitch.
    Was just about to post the same. Petulant child. Russell doing Ferrari a massive favour.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Great defence from Russell
  • Options
    FFS, what a shame for Leclerc. Russell leads though 
  • Options
    Come on George, great chance of a podium here.
  • Options
    Russell has been awesome.

Hamilton - would could have been. Without the bad luck he could have been right up there. His pace has been monumental- faster on old mediums than his team mate on new.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hamilton - would could have been. Without the bad luck he could have been right up there. His pace has been monumental- faster on old mediums than his team mate on new.
    Lewis has been fantastic this afternoon 
  • Options
    Actually taken a close look at his lap times last few laps. 

His has been laughably fast. All of a sudden I’m expecting more from George all of a sudden 😂
  • Options
    As soon as they said "lets listen in on Perez radio" you just knew it would be "let max pass". He's such a whining prick. Never disliked a driver more than that c**t.
  • Options
    Hamilton should be an absolute lock for driver of day. Mental drive.
  • Options

Lewis has been fantastic this afternoon 
    Indeed he has.
    Glad his team told him to stay out there after he said you might as well bring me in and save the engine. 
  • Options
    Lewis is having the arse end of the luck this year - gutted for him 
  • Options
    Ferrari will be seething, a 1-3 on the grid ends up in a DNF and 5th. 

Sainz looks stellar last year but give it a couple more races like this and Ferrari will be going through the new contract they gave him to see if there's a get out clause 
  • Options
    Rain stopped play.

And taking the cricket analogy further.....if Bumble was in Monaco & commentating all he'd be saying is.......

Get on with the race.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crofty and Brundle are annoying me with their “What a race” bollocks. I wish they’d stop it. The finale here has become a bit more interesting, but I’d be really surprised if anyone overtakes now.
  • Options
    Crofty and Brundle are annoying me with their “What a race” bollocks. I wish they’d stop it. The finale here has become a bit more interesting, but I’d be really surprised if anyone overtakes now.
    Couldn't agree more. All the weather shenanigans made it different to the usual Monaco race but as far the racing was concerned it was the usual borefest.
    Summed up by the situation with Lewis behind Alonso. The driver in front can be 3 seconds off the pace and still can't be overtaken. Ridiculous.
    As much as I love F1 I would need to be paid to go to that race. I'd happily go to the qualifying on the Saturday though.
  • Options
    Despite the rain and a few exciting moments early on - another procession especially the last 15 - 20 minutes.  Went to the race once in the late 80's, stayed in Nice.  It seems the racing comes secondary to the whole expensive event.  Chance for celebs and people with lots of money to entertain and schmooze.  Fun to wander around the marina looking at the boats and the parties going on in the evening before the race.  Think the new US owners of F1 have other ideas about where they want races and not sure Monaco is in their plans.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Despite the rain and a few exciting moments early on - another procession especially the last 15 - 20 minutes.  Went to the race once in the late 80's, stayed in Nice.  It seems the racing comes secondary to the whole expensive event.  Chance for celebs and people with lots of money to entertain and schmooze.  Fun to wander around the marina looking at the boats and the parties going on in the evening before the race.  Think the new US owners of F1 have other ideas about where they want races and not sure Monaco is in their plans.
    Hope you are right but I very much doubt it.
  • Options
    The race that summed Monaco up and why I'm not bothered by it was the Ricciardo redemption win when he held off Vettel with no ERS for like 75% of the race.

Really not a fan of it and as Damo and others have said before me , there's better street circuits. 

Today was a bit nothingy but pleased for Checo. 
  • Options
    Absolute borefest, as per usual. At least in the Indy 500 where they just follow eachother around and turn left for 200 laps there is strategy and the crashes are spectacular. Mick Schumacher managed to rip the ass off the Haas I suppose, but it did little to improve the overall show. 

Run it as a one off invitational event that's not part of the championship, but sack it off from the main calender