Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Malkay

Comments

• Huskaris said:

I had a manager at work. I absolutely hated her and its the reason I have just left and moved on to a new job.

She called someone (behind their back) a stupid fat nosed Jew, she would often make tasteless derogatory comments about how crazy Muslims were etc. As well as insinuating that because a woman was black and lived in Woolwich that she would act/hold certain beliefs/vote a certain way. And this was in front of me, someone she disliked. In my exit interview I went for it, bringing up everything she had done, but I left all of this out of it. I hate the woman, but I feel like there was no real malice in what she said, just a stupid remark.

A lot of people say a lot of stupid things to people they trust, I think a lot of the time people say things that are 100% stupid but have absolutely no malice in it (this woman was making ethnic hire after ethnic hire, was half Chinese, and in my eyes despite being an absolute shithead of a woman, not a racist).

I'd just be careful branding some a racist (not that the finger pointing "you're racist" brigade ever tend to care) there is a huge difference between people who think black people and minorities are inferior, and some idiot running their mouth to a private friend in a way which has no malice.

I am sure a lot of us in our time have said this that, if taken out of the context in which they would said and put in a public forum, would have people pointing fingers at us in the streets, I know I have.

I'm not saying he isn't racist, but I'm not saying he is.

Anyway, he's shit, so there's no point anyway.

Agreed.
  • @Malkymackay Interview done.#bullshitbafflesbelgiumbrains. In the bag. I'm off down the chinkys for a special chow mein and some pork balls.
  • Yes i am for real, a lot of people do refer to the take away as a chinky.

I haven't said it is ok to do so, just comenting that with the mass outrage at the potential appointment of MM you would think that these things don't go on, they do and alot of people believe it to be acceptable.

God help the Cardiff owner if he was a frog!

I haven't said it is ok to do so, just comenting that with the mass outrage at the potential appointment of MM you would think that these things don't go on, they do and alot of people believe it to be acceptable.

You still don't get it do you. The mere fact that a lot of people use that demeaning term to describe a take away highlights the fact that casual racism is alive and well pretty much everywhere. Those idiots who use the term would no doubt say lighten up or I'm no racist but unless those of us that do think it's unacceptable condemn it at every opportunity it will continue.

• se9addick said:

No matter what you think of him or his actions, he didn't (I believe) actually racially abuse anyone did he - he made some racist private remarks and was not charged by the FA.

Not saying I agree with the latter but I Think it's an important distinction.

No, it isn't. He wasn't charged by the FA because private communications aren't subject to their sanctions. It's a technicality, nothing else. And I really don't think being willing to send racist, homophobic and sexist messages to your colleague but being careful enough to not say them out loud to someone gives you any leeway in the arsehole stakes.
    Your original message implied he directly racially abused someone - I was merely pointing out that he didn't - he was using racist language in private.
    Indirect racial abuse is the best kind !
    You know what I meant - big diff between me saying to a mate privately " the next time I see x I'm going to kick his head in, I hate the fat wanker" to actually kicking in the head of x.
  • edited October 2015
    Makes you wonder if he knew that the job was going to become available and he wanted to be the first one to hand his cv in / have an interview.

The guy comes with too much of a tarnished image, regardless of how much any of it is true, too be taken seriously, we really are a bit clueless and running on empty if this appointment took place.
  • edited October 2015
    The club has done so much in kicking racism out of football, this would Be the final nail in the coffin of our great club.

• se9addick said:

No matter what you think of him or his actions, he didn't (I believe) actually racially abuse anyone did he - he made some racist private remarks and was not charged by the FA.

No, it isn't. He wasn't charged by the FA because private communications aren't subject to their sanctions. It's a technicality, nothing else. And I really don't think being willing to send racist, homophobic and sexist messages to your colleague but being careful enough to not say them out loud to someone gives you any leeway in the arsehole stakes.
    Your original message implied he directly racially abused someone - I was merely pointing out that he didn't - he was using racist language in private.
    You know what I meant - big diff between me saying to a mate privately " the next time I see x I'm going to kick his head in, I hate the fat wanker" to actually kicking in the head of x.
    Fatist!
  • Sponsored links:

• BOYCOTT of matches is unfortunately the only thing our owner will pay any attention to. If we want him gone ( I do) then this is our only option. RD does not give a toss about Charlton. People talk about investment he has made but he knows nothing about football which is why we are 3rd from bottom. ROLAND OUT . It really doesn't matter who is the Manager if the people controlling the club (RD & KM) no nothing about football because they are the ones making the football recruitment/ offloading decisions. I knew right from the start when Kermo & Stephens went to save money that RD obviously didn't have a clue about football.
  • I think when the next 'coach' is announced we will all be wishing that it had been Mackay,or somebody with his experience, instead,whatever we think about his private opinions.
  • se9addick said:

And if X is your boss or a work colleague who sees this and all the other messages is she/he meant to say "well, he only said it and didn't actually kick my head in so it's all ok"

And a lot don't use that language in public or private, don't find it acceptable and don't want it at Charlton.
    Someone is on his preverbal bike, 'Again!

You still don't get it do you. The mere fact that a lot of people use that demeaning term to describe a take away highlights the fact that casual racism is alive and well pretty much everywhere. Those idiots who use the term would no doubt say lighten up or I'm no racist but unless those of us that do think it's unacceptable condemn it at every opportunity it will continue.

You're quite right. I always take offence whenever a citizen of Australia calls a British citizen a Pom. Or the French term Les Rosbifs. These are derogatory terms. Limey is not much better. We should stop just shrugging off this abuse and complain about it long and hard.
  • _nam11 said:

A few drink in chislehurst, seen with my own eyes. Can't confirm Malkay rumour, but is feasible

I have no doubt that a footballer could be out on a Saturday night having a shandy with his partner or friends. Most of our players had left the valley by 6 and i don't believe they would have been told by the time they left. so other than sending texts to each other and the social media world, they may have assumed that because Malky Malkay was at the ground he was favourite ?

Roland Duchelet world, is more Esoteric, and would be a first for him not to use
    a Coach already on a retainer.

It's difficult to remove all offensive phrases or words that are entrenched in society though. I have Bipolar Disorder and have had a few stays in psychiatric hospitals and cringe when people say the word 'nutter' or that they're going to 'slash their wrists' and yet it's fairly commonly said (I probably notice it more than others). I don't think people that say these things would think that it offends someone - just as many still use the term 'Chinky' for a takeaway. BUT I do think that Malkay in his texts absolutely meant them as offensive and derogatory. I don't want him for that reason.
  • Think this thread itself shows exactly why CAFC should not appoint Mackay or his ilk. Not exactly going to create a harmonious/ all in it together attitude!

It's difficult to remove all offensive phrases or words that are entrenched in society though. I have Bipolar Disorder and have had a few stays in psychiatric hospitals and cringe when people say the word 'nutter' or that they're going to 'slash their wrists' and yet it's fairly commonly said (I probably notice it more than others). I don't think people that say these things would think that it offends someone - just as many still use the term 'Chinky' for a takeaway. BUT I do think that Malkay in his texts absolutely meant them as offensive and derogatory. I don't want him for that reason.
    I do take your point although this type of offensive language will never be eradicated if it's not highlighted as such whenever we come across it.

I'm certain that every single one of us has been guilty at some point but realising that a casual remark can cause offence even when not meant and deciding that you will not say it again is half the battle.

• Sponsored links:

• If we are going to appoint a proven racist as our next Head Coach, should we not at least find one from Belgium and preferably someone who is already on the payroll so it doesn't cost us anything?

Maybe an intensive and comprehensive recruitment process is required to make sure we get the right sort of racist who also possesses the essential coaching qualifications (ie always agreeing with Roly on all football matters.)

A simple multiple choice quiz should do the trick to test a candidates knowledge of crude and insulting derogatory terms for people from ethnic minorities or from of other faiths or beliefs. The same marketing genius who had that couple shagging in the centre-circle could re-brand us as the club that offers a warm welcome to reformed Nazis, nutters, xenophobes and bigots. Or we could just ground share with Millwall.

This is the future my friends...
  • Quick Henry. Get off the bike and jump on my horse.

Does your horse pass the CL height test?
  • edited October 2015
    I agree for all the reasons outlined in this thread that Mackay should not be our next manager. However if he had got the job it would have shown that Duchatelet was very slowly coming to the realisation that this current system was not working. Unfortunately it seems lessons have not been learnt and we are to expect more of the same.
  • Think this thread itself shows exactly why CAFC should not appoint Mackay or his ilk. Not exactly going to create a harmonious/ all in it together attitude!

Can I correct this?

Think this thread itself shows exactly why CAFC 'should appoint' Mackay or his ilk. It's going to create a "humorous"/ all in it together attitude!

Does your horse pass the CL height test?
    Oh yes it's very high.

• edited October 2015

E=mc2 said:

Yes i am for real, a lot of people do refer to the take away as a chinky.

And a lot don't use that language in public or private, don't find it acceptable and don't want it at Charlton.
    Ha ha, someone used the wrong cliché again.
    lol - whatever you say Mr Henry the Intellectual!
    I would also advise to wash that head when you pull it out.
  • se9addick said:

And if X is your boss or a work colleague who sees this and all the other messages is she/he meant to say "well, he only said it and didn't actually kick my head in so it's all ok"

No of course not - he was punished for that and was stupid for commenting like that in the work place, even if he believed it was private.

What I'm trying to say is that using racist language does not mean you are racist. After Terry's episode have we seen a reluctance from black people at Chelsea to work with him etc? No because whilst he did use racist language, it does not mean he's racist and people close to him will know that.
  • E=mc2 said:

E=mc2 said:

Yes i am for real, a lot of people do refer to the take away as a chinky.

Ha ha, someone used the wrong cliché again.
    lol - whatever you say Mr Henry the Intellectual!
    I would also advise to wash that head when you pull it out.
    Look, another cliché used rather than any real argument. At least you got 50% cliché success.

0% in actually offering a response that wasn't a cliché or had any substance though. Again