Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Malkay

Comments

• I'd have McKay. Honestly I can't believe so many of you won't give a bloke a second chance.

do you think Diarra, Sarr, Ba, Cousins, Vetekele and all the other foreign players will be able to play under him though given the situation?
    I know that if I turned up to work and I knew my new boss was a racist towards my orientation then I wouldn't be doing much work and I would be looking for a new job also.
    If our squad was all British then we could probably give him a go, but I think motivation will be an issue for many of the players and thats another backward step.
    Poyet or Lambert for me if they would come.
  • Who gives a shit
  • OK Exiled Addict. I'll flip your comments.

So a bloke has to send a racist text message and suddenly his entire outlook on the human race is one where he views non-white people as inferior?
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't one of Mackay's former South Korean players re-sign for him at Wigan?

I get it, you're all squeaky clean liberals who have never done as much as drop a KitKat wrapper on the pavement but stop condemning people to a lifetime of unemployment.

If you want a racist as manager that's fine. I assume you'd classify his texts as 'banter'. Are you a relative of his?
  • He's probably a nice bloke who deeply regrets what he did.

I once had a flat-mate who asked if she could play one week in my team's 5-a-side football team. I told her that she couldn't as all women are shit at football. It was a joke.

This may come as a big shock to you Exiled Addict but I am not a raging sexist. I can categorically confirm this.
  • He's a cack manager.
  • http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/jul/fa-statement-malky-mackay-and-iain-moody

The above link was The FA's statement regarding Mackay but I will highlight one particular paragraph below

"However, The FA has spoken to both Iain Moody and Malky Mackay about the inappropriateness of terms used in the messages. Both individuals have acknowledged that such terms are not acceptable. Mr Mackay has also voluntarily undertaken equality and diversity training."

The way I see it Mackay made a mistake, he's held his hands up and apologised and taken action to learn from his mistake.

Regardless whether he becomes our next manager or not Mackay should be allowed to pursue with his career not left hung out to dry forever.
  • Sponsored links:

• A few drink in chislehurst, seen with my own eyes. Can't confirm Malkay rumour, but is feasible

• Didn't one of Mackay's former South Korean players re-sign for him at Wigan?

I get it, you're all squeaky clean liberals who have never done as much as drop a KitKat wrapper on the pavement but stop condemning people to a lifetime of unemployment.

If you want a racist as manager that's fine. I assume you'd classify his texts as 'banter'. Are you a relative of his?
    Yes I hope the next Charlton manager hates people based on their ethnicity. Honestly what a fucking idiotic reply
    You seem quite happy with his stream of racist texts - you obviously don't have a problem with the language. If he wasn't racist he wouldn't have sent them.
    Go back to the 1970s where you belong....
  • http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/jul/fa-statement-malky-mackay-and-iain-moody

The above link was The FA's statement regarding Mackay but I will highlight one particular paragraph below

"However, The FA has spoken to both Iain Moody and Malky Mackay about the inappropriateness of terms used in the messages. Both individuals have acknowledged that such terms are not acceptable. Mr Mackay has also voluntarily undertaken equality and diversity training."

The way I see it Mackay made a mistake, he's held his hands up and apologised and taken action to learn from his mistake.

Regardless whether he becomes our next manager or not Mackay should be allowed to pursue with his career not left hung out to dry forever.

Well that's okay then. A bit of diversity training and he's a changed man who now understands that racism and homophobia aren't okay. Phew!
  • I don't live in London at the moment. Have planned trips back for Sheff Wed home and Brum away. If Mackay is manager, I won't go.
  • Fraeye, yes I probably would.

I am not the target market for KM though
  • Just had a quick look through the thread and noticed one thing: quite a few people can't even spell the 'rumoured' new manager's name right. Nothing much different than hiring an unknown foreign man in this regard I guess. :wink:

Anyway, I reserve judgement on this potential new appointment. He went to Wigan last November and failed to keep them up. He would have almost the same amount of time here at Charlton to try to turn things around. Not looking good.
  • edited October 2015
    It is ridiculous to get on the Charlton Life high horse and condemn Mackay for a few silly remarks made by e-mail between professional colleagues.

I'll tell you what's important between professional colleagues: their ability to play properly in front of 15,000 fans. We have Pope who parries, and Henderson who was beaten at his near post; we have defenders who are simply absent at crosses; we have a long litany of midfielders who are vapid and vacuous; and we have 'strikers' who are mentally and physically incapable of any attacking skills.

Who cares if Mackay made a frivolous comment to his colleague five years ago? We have a squad of professional players who can't even pass the ball accurately from one man to the next.