Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Luzon Sacked (and Damian Matthew and David Martane)****

Comments

• If Malkay McKay becomes our manager, anyone who wants it can have my season tickets for free.
  • Mackay has gone from 5/6 to 11/4 and now Fraeye is 6/4. Oh dear another bloody Belgium
  • Even current great managers wouldn't do well for us at the moment, the whole set up RD has is anti-manager, hence why we have been getting 'coaches' - just to coach his assets. Not to improve our team and invest to progress as a squad. Managers need tools to work with, RD hands you a door and then kicks you out of it, that's all.

Malky wants the money and would take the job but would not go well at all - he wouldn't last long.

Starting to lose care, predicted this all and seeing it pan out is just depressing - even the SL fans warned us. Personally won't be giving a penny of my money to the sick man running us.
  • Mackay being there could be a good distraction. They selected their manager last week, contract signed and then invited Mackay to come to the game because he lives local. All attention on him while our new manager is already preparing for training on Monday
  • No surprise and, in my opinion, the right decision. Luzon was unlucky with injuries to key players but he simply failed to get enough out of those at his disposal.

The real concern though is that Luzon was only part of the problem. From Roland to Katrien to the piss poor scouting and recruitment policy to the whole under-managed and under-led management team - the club is a complete shambles. A better manager/coach than Luzon might make a better fist of it than he did, but whoever it is will still be operating in the mad-house that is CAFC right now. I hope that Roland and Katrien will reflect on their roles in the failures over the past couple of seasons and make some changes to their approach. Whoever the new manager/coach is, for Christ's sake give the poor sod more chance to be successful.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    I can't see it being fraeye, the whole coaching staff has been cleared out, whoever is coming in already has their staff lined up.
  • I literally shuddered when I saw Lee Clark's name on that list of odds.

Despite having a ST I didn't even bother with the last 3 home games, as I found better things to do with my time. Can't see it changing much anytime soon.............
  • I can't see it being fraeye, the whole coaching staff has been cleared out, whoever is coming in already has their staff lined up.

Yep. Fraeye and his team from VW Hamme

• I can't see it being fraeye, the whole coaching staff has been cleared out, whoever is coming in already has their staff lined up.

It won't be Fraeye

It won't be Fraeye
    No. It's Mackay.

It won't be Fraeye
    No. It's Mackay.

A racist.. I would rather Fraeye
  • Definitely Mackay, the unnamed player in Chislehurst said so.
  • I feel for Luzon. He was asked to manage a squad that was only going to succeed if it suffered no injuries, no suspensions and no loss of form.

We need the next appointment to be right, but if it's any of the names being mentioned I fear for our future.
  • Sponsored links:

• rikofold said:

I feel for Luzon. He was asked to manage a squad that was only going to succeed if it suffered no injuries, no suspensions and no loss of form.

We need the next appointment to be right, but if it's any of the names being mentioned I fear for our future.

Surely, whoever it is, they'll have the same problems as GL - too weak a squad and no strength in depth?
  • edited October 2015
    Meire after Luzon's appointment back in January.

“Of course I can understand their frustration and they have every right to be [frustrated]. But I hope they understand that the owner wants the best for Charlton. He does it in his way and they need to accept that,” she said,

“They will not always agree with our decisions. No fans in the world will always agree with the decisions of the board. I always try to take into account the fans, but sometimes you have to make hard decisions.

“We are investing in Charlton. I feel that the fans sometimes forget that. At the moment, they only notice the results on the pitch. But it is not only in the squad we are investing in. We are going to build a training ground and build for the future.

Copy and paste for Fraeye tomorrow between Songs Of Praise and Antiques Roadshow
  • Nigel Pearson would be my choice.
  • se9addick said:

Guy has our full support, for sure. He has been unlucky with injuries. I spoke to Guy over the weekend and told him not to worry – that he is not under any pressure…Last year I knew what was wrong. This time the answer needs to come from the players - I’m sure it will. I have a really good relationship with Guy and it is wrong to go against that.”

So, either she's a liar or she's incompetent (or the world has changed in the last five days).

According to Cawley in the SLP, following a review after the Preston debacle, he was given ONE game to turn it around.
  • edited October 2015

se9addick said:

Guy has our full support, for sure. He has been unlucky with injuries. I spoke to Guy over the weekend and told him not to worry – that he is not under any pressure…Last year I knew what was wrong. This time the answer needs to come from the players - I’m sure it will. I have a really good relationship with Guy and it is wrong to go against that.”

So, either she's a liar or she's incompetent (or the world has changed in the last five days).

According to Cawley in the SLP, following a review after the Preston debacle, he was given ONE game to turn it around.
    So he hadn't been given her "full support" nor had he "been unlucky with injuries" and when she "spoke to Guy over the weekend" he should have been wildly worried because she was very happy to go against her "good relationship with Guy" ?
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

So he hadn't been given her "full support" nor had he "been unlucky with injuries" and when she "spoke to Guy over the weekend" he should have been wildly worried because she was very happy to go against her "good relationship with Guy" ?
    Or she was talking a great steaming pile of conneries.