Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Luzon Sacked (and Damian Matthew and David Martane)****

Comments

• To whoever said I was taking the P*ss, well no I wasn't, Stuart Gray would be an excellent manager, he did excellent up here and I think he'd do really well with you lot.

He may well do OP but he'd be a million miles off RD's radar. Experienced English coach. That rules him out straight away
  • masicat said:

I hear on pretty good authority Luzon was told before the game.

He could have been told that if we lose his time was up.
  • boggzy said:

Redrobo said:

Listening to Collymore coming home. Included us in clubs that 'are rotten to the core'. He has it bang on. A manager needs to pick his own players. Needs to have players he wants. If he gets it wrong then, so be it.
    A new manager will not solve the problem. But he did have to go.

I make Collymore absolutely right also.
    Well Collymore would certainly recognise rotten to the core when he sees it.

Agree with that as well!
  • Sean O'Driscoll would be my choice. Knows the League and likes his teams to play attractive football.

But, at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what I think. It will just be another RD puppet.
  • edited October 2015
    I am confused as to whether Luzon chose any of the players in the summer or not? Didn't some such as Bergdych come for the manager? Either way does it not mean we will now have to again clear out all the players the new manager does not get on with and then start again? Costing how much?
  • colthe3rd said:

I wish this country didn't have this huge obsession over football managers. It's a huge problem in footballing culture. Fact is a manager has relatively little impact over how a club fairs. Most important thing when it comes down to it is money. Clubs who spend do well, those who don't struggle.

I'm willing to argue this with people but enough studies have been done and we all know enough anecdotal evidence to back it up. Clough wasn't some sort of managerial god but he was able to influence owners into spending money they didn't want to.

Unfortunately we aren't a rich club. We can all blame Roland for not spending enough but none of us really know how much he has or is willing to spend. As long as this goes on the managerial merry go round will continue regardless of who is appointed.

100% disagree. The manager is the most important asset a club has.

Why?
  • odds for next manager according to sky bet...

malkay mackay 11/8
    paolo dicanio 8/1
    nigel pearson 12/1
    curbs 14/1
    gus poyet 14/1
    brian mcdermott 16/1
    paul dickov 16/1
    paul jewell 16/1
    sean o'driscoll 16/1
    ian holloway 20/1
    lee clark 20/1
    nigel clough 20/1
    stuart pearce 20/1
    jason euell 22/1
    chris powell 25/1
    gareth ainsworth 25/1
    paul lambert 25/1
    tim sherwood 25/1
    uwe rossler 25/1
    ivan vukomanovic 28/1
    billy davies 33/1
    dave jones 33/1
    les ferdinard 33/1
    paul ince 33/1
    rob lee 33/1
    derek mcinnes 40/1
  • Stuart Gray would be perfect for you guys, he did wonders on a small budget up here.

I'd actually be happy with that
  • Where do they get Rob Lee from?
  • Its gotta be Kerm's back as player manager with Jacko !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• odds for next manager according to sky bet...

malkay mackay 11/8
    paolo dicanio 8/1
    nigel pearson 12/1
    curbs 14/1
    gus poyet 14/1
    brian mcdermott 16/1
    paul dickov 16/1
    paul jewell 16/1
    sean o'driscoll 16/1
    ian holloway 20/1
    lee clark 20/1
    nigel clough 20/1
    stuart pearce 20/1
    jason euell 22/1
    chris powell 25/1
    gareth ainsworth 25/1
    paul lambert 25/1
    tim sherwood 25/1
    uwe rossler 25/1
    ivan vukomanovic 28/1
    billy davies 33/1
    dave jones 33/1
    les ferdinard 33/1
    paul ince 33/1
    rob lee 33/1
    derek mcinnes 40/1

Did you type all of that out?
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

I wish this country didn't have this huge obsession over football managers. It's a huge problem in footballing culture. Fact is a manager has relatively little impact over how a club fairs. Most important thing when it comes down to it is money. Clubs who spend do well, those who don't struggle.

I'm willing to argue this with people but enough studies have been done and we all know enough anecdotal evidence to back it up. Clough wasn't some sort of managerial god but he was able to influence owners into spending money they didn't want to.

Unfortunately we aren't a rich club. We can all blame Roland for not spending enough but none of us really know how much he has or is willing to spend. As long as this goes on the managerial merry go round will continue regardless of who is appointed.

Why?
    Good managers bring success because they get more out of of a squad than the sum of its parts. Curbishley is the obvious example. They don't always go on to do the same elsewhere. Fitting the club is also important. The really great managers seem to reproduce the trick everywhere they go. Get the manager right and you have a great chance of success.

• Dave Jones would suit better imo
  • I'd go for Paul Lambert on that Sky Bet list. He did a great job at Norwich. But I'd doubt if he would work in a club where he doesn't have the final say on players coming in.

• I'm also glad Matthews has gone, he's been involved for far too long and is tarnished with failure. I hope they sack all the medical staff as well the injury prevention and recovery process has been a disaster for sometime now.

Wouldn't be surprised if certain players suddenly become a lot fitter now Luzon has gone.

No names, no Angolan pack drill.
    Brother was saying the same at game. I think you may both be spot on there.
  • So he fell out with Tan because Tan wouldn't spend enough money but now he's coming here?

Of course he's desperate to get back into the game and so will say whatever he needs to land the job.

Katrien will soon find out that he be far less easy to work with than even Powell

Not that what any fan thinks counts for anything any more.

Roland, who supposedly fought in the student riots in 1968 and wants a football club to be a part of the community is going to employ this man?

Please tell me I'm wrong and no one would do something so stupid.

They can definitely be this stupid
  • Will be interesting to see if RD/KM have learnt that

What's Riga up to?

Managing Metz in the French 2nd Division - not in the network!

• colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Why?
    Good managers bring success because they get more out of of a squad than the sum of its parts. Curbishley is the obvious example. They don't always go on to do the same elsewhere. Fitting the club is also important. The really great managers seem to reproduce the trick everywhere they go. Get the manager right and you have a great chance of success.

I agree with you but it's far from the most important asset a club has. Is Pellegrini more important than Mansour, is Mourinho more important than Abramovich?

I agree that getting fit is important. As much as I disagree with the stock placed in a manager that isn't the general consensus of most fans. Get the wrong man and the fans are automatically harder to win over leading to lack of support, abuse being thrown and generally a toxic atmosphere when things go wrong. Same goes for the players.

My point is that unless money is spent then a club will struggle. It's a harsh fact of football but it's a true one wherever you look around the world. Of course clubs can sometimes have an abnormal season and finish higher (or lower) than they should but then is a very strong correlation between expenditure and where a club finishes. We are one of the lowest spenders in the league and that's just the way it is.

Yes, a manager has an impact, good or bad that is undeniable but it's nowhere near as important as money spent. Say we could get any manager in the world, would it make us into a promotion chasing team? I doubt it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely KM could do the head coach job? Would save some money...
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Why?

I agree with you but it's far from the most important asset a club has. Is Pellegrini more important than Mansour, is Mourinho more important than Abramovich?

I agree that getting fit is important. As much as I disagree with the stock placed in a manager that isn't the general consensus of most fans. Get the wrong man and the fans are automatically harder to win over leading to lack of support, abuse being thrown and generally a toxic atmosphere when things go wrong. Same goes for the players.

My point is that unless money is spent then a club will struggle. It's a harsh fact of football but it's a true one wherever you look around the world. Of course clubs can sometimes have an abnormal season and finish higher (or lower) than they should but then is a very strong correlation between expenditure and where a club finishes. We are one of the lowest spenders in the league and that's just the way it is.

Yes, a manager has an impact, good or bad that is undeniable but it's nowhere near as important as money spent. Say we could get any manager in the world, would it make us into a promotion chasing team? I doubt it.
    I think Alex Ferguson could get our current squad very close.

• colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Why?

I think Alex Ferguson could get our current squad very close.

Even Fergie had money to spend in those early years.
  • Has anyone been placed in temporary charge?
  • Oh yes just want we need a proven anti-Semitic racist. Bye bye Luzon, hello one complete arsehole
  • PDC PDC
    Get him in now
  • Bye bye Guy. We will always remember you for your leaping about and squatting down as well as your Ferguson- esque management style. You were our own Sir Alex and we didn't even know it!