Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Brentford | Sat 24 Oct | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• edited October 2015

All the negativity. They have David Button in goal and Alan McCormack in the middle. This is an easy 3-0 for us.

Where we could have Spillberg in goal and El Hadji Bad in midfield.
  • All the negativity. They have David Button in goal and Alan McCormack in the middle. This is an easy 3-0 for us.

I'd take either in a heartbeat compared to our alternatives. Says it all really!
  • We need the right team picked, or Guy is screwed, the players have to play out of their skins, for personal pride if nothing else.

This really is win or bust for Guy I'm sad to say, cmon Guy you can do it.

I guess it depends whether they want Guy screwed or not...
  • All the negativity. They have David Button in goal and Alan McCormack in the middle. This is an easy 3-0 for us.

I'd take either in a heartbeat compared to our alternatives. Says it all really!
    http://charltonlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/66446/charlton-ath-vs-brentford-sat-14th-feb-2015-match-preview-teams-predictions-news-views

I predicted the same last season and was bang on the money. We were awful when Button and Mcoxo came to town and they helped turn our season around with being rubbish. They will again this season. Fear not.
  • We get 3 shots on target in one match. Most excitement at the Valley in ages. Lose in the last minute of added-on time. Cue the doom merchants. Bye bye Guy. Shame. The only Israeli I can say I liked.
  • Hendo spills one or two in and gives Brentford a draw but it was all the refs fault, the world is against us
  • The head says 4-1 loss, the heart says 2-1 loss, but my little toe fancies a sneaky 1-0 win thanks to a dodgy penalty.
  • dickplumb said:

dallas said:

2 1 loss and the manger gets the sack

But he has been given a vote of confidence. As we all know Katrien is a Woman of her word.
    It would almost be worth us getting a drubbing to see Luzon get the sack, if only for squirrel face going back on the vote of confidence.
  • The team will be very much the one that lost on Tuesday night, so predict a 3-0 to Brentford.
  • Sponsored links:

• The team will be very much not the one that lost on Tuesday night, so predict a 3-0 to Charlton.
  • The head says 4-1 loss, the heart says 2-1 loss, but my little toe fancies a sneaky 1-0 win thanks to a dodgy penalty.

Bloody hell... I can see us scoring from a long range effort but get a penalty? - We've got to get into the penalty area to win one first
  • Brentford will know an early goal will see us cave in and the fans turn on the players and will go all out for that early goal. Will our players be prepared for the early onslaught? Fear this game will be out of our reach in the first 15 minutes.

• E-cafc said:

Brentford will know an early goal will see us cave in and the fans turn on the players and will go all out for that early goal. Will our players be prepared for the early onslaught? Fear this game will be out of our reach in the first 15 minutes.

Yet another reason why I dont boo and shout negativity from the stands.

If I was the opposing Manager I'd turn that into a positive thing for my side, I'd tell them to get into the faces of the Charlton players, keep the ball from them and if possible try to score, if it works the fans will turn on their side and heads will drop
  • We NEED to start the game in the right manner this time, get the ball and pass it around, none of this who wants it lump it shit.If we can start on the front foot and try and dominate early on, i see a 2-1 win. If we dont, another 0-3 could be on the cards. Come on Charlton please dont let us down.
  • Well,I never thought I'd see the day but for the first time ever I'm not bothering with a home game this Saturday,the season ticket will stay in the drawer and I will be doing something more enjoyable with my afternoon.Sorry ladies and gents :(
  • A quick digression .. Rotherham v Sheffield Wednesday is live on SS1 tonight .. an important game for both clubs .. A Rotherham win means they overtake us (albeit we hope for less than 24 hours) and Wednesday want a step nearer the playoffs .. MY POINT ? .. Luzon should sit down with all his players and staff and insist they watch this match closely .. it will not be especially skilful, it will be a tough and dirty local derby PLAYED JUST THE WAY WE WILL NEED TO PLAY TO GET OUTTA THE MESS WE'RE IN .. watch and learn young men.
    Tomorrow an improving Brentford will take no prisoners and neither should we. For the umpteenth time on here I insist that I can stand defeat but NOT a spineless and can't give a toss performance from our players.
    Hopefully, Henderson, Makienok, Jackson and Reza can bring a bit of heart and bottle back to the starting eleven and we can get one over the usurpers from upstream along the Thames.

CAFC 1 v Brentford 0
  • Exactly my point too. I can just about accept defeat if the players try their hardest and show some heart...

A quick digression .. Rotherham v Sheffield Wednesday is live on SS1 tonight .. an important game for both clubs .. A Rotherham win means they overtake us (albeit we hope for less than 24 hours) and Wednesday want a step nearer the playoffs .. MY POINT ? .. Luzon should sit down with all his players and staff and insist they watch this match closely .. it will not be especially skilful, it will be a tough and dirty local derby PLAYED JUST THE WAY WE WILL NEED TO PLAY TO GET OUTTA THE MESS WE'RE IN .. watch and learn young men.
    Tomorrow an improving Brentford will take no prisoners and neither should we. For the umpteenth time on here I insist that I can stand defeat but NOT a spineless and can't give a toss performance from our players.
    Hopefully, Henderson, Makienok, Jackson and Reza can bring a bit of heart and bottle back to the starting eleven and we can get one over the usurpers from upstream along the Thames.

CAFC 1 v Brentford 0

Exactly my point too. I can just about accept defeat if the players try their hardest and show some heart...
  • Sorry, posted twice ...
  • edited October 2015
    The word spineless in Lincs post chimes with Charlton down the ages. In all the years i have been a Charlton spotter that has been the worst thing. I understand that we must cut our cloth according to the wishes of our current guvnor and have never expected little old Charlton to go Barcelona on me. When we are in these regular slumps i need effort from the team at least. Who in their right mind after the car crash at Reading really expected a response from our lot on Tuesday? because my first thought was no fucking way. I dont go to the Valley now regularly enough as you all know but i could of watched that game in my head on Tuesday and thought, wow Soapy your a psychic!

GIVE US SOME EFFORT PLEASE!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely smash them 3-0

Maybe
  • E-cafc said:

Brentford will know an early goal will see us cave in and the fans turn on the players and will go all out for that early goal. Will our players be prepared for the early onslaught? Fear this game will be out of our reach in the first 15 minutes.

Yet another reason why I dont boo and shout negativity from the stands.

If I was the opposing Manager I'd turn that into a positive thing for my side, I'd tell them to get into the faces of the Charlton players, keep the ball from them and if possible try to score, if it works the fans will turn on their side and heads will drop
    With all the talk of Black and white, which is a good idea, the irony is
    the 1st 15 minutes the ground will be like a mini St James Park with the crowd not knowing whether to slag the players,manager and owners or if we score an early goal (LOL) support them. (the Team)

6-2 anybody !

• Suddenly (nearly) all the "sickies" are available for Saturday?? Is this coincidence or just panic? Smells a bit of RD instructing GL to play all those nearly-ready first choice players to placate the fans and try and get a result. Probable result - loss, followed by longer loss of players through agitated injuries. Don't like being this cynical but it's becoming a habit the longer we are part of this Belgium's experiment.
  • Until this morning I was very undecided whether to bother going but the shock of that dreadful performance against Preston is starting to diminish and I thought, what the hell, it can hardly get any worse. I am aching for a decent performance, a goal or two and a point (preferably three). If Luzon wasn't telling porkies about the returning wounded (what price news later today or tomorrow morning of a "knock in training" for a couple of other stalwarts) I think we might get a draw.

It can't get worse than Preston, can it?
  • Davo55 said:

Until this morning I was very undecided whether to bother going but the shock of that dreadful performance against Preston is starting to diminish and I thought, what the hell, it can hardly get any worse. I am aching for a decent performance, a goal or two and a point (preferably three). If Luzon wasn't telling porkies about the returning wounded (what price news later today or tomorrow morning of a "knock in training" for a couple of other stalwarts) I think we might get a draw.

You know it makes sense, Davo !

Good man.

• Davo55 said:

Until this morning I was very undecided whether to bother going but the shock of that dreadful performance against Preston is starting to diminish and I thought, what the hell, it can hardly get any worse. I am aching for a decent performance, a goal or two and a point (preferably three). If Luzon wasn't telling porkies about the returning wounded (what price news later today or tomorrow morning of a "knock in training" for a couple of other stalwarts) I think we might get a draw.

You know it makes sense, Davo !

Good man.

We have 6 people coming for sunday lunch the next day and Mrs Davo is convinced that my "never again" to "oh sod it" to "we might just nick it" in the space of three days is more to do with getting out of the food prep! I'm not that clever Fanny! :smiley:
  • 3-2 Charlton ( Reza 2, Jackson 1 )
  • From SkySports and their Football League Build-Up

Charlton Athletic are in desperate need of a win against Brentford tomorrow, but both sides have huge injury lists than sees them languishing in the bottom half of the table.

Addicks boss Guy Luzon will be without Ahmed Kashi (heel), Igor Vetokele (groin), Cristian Ceballos (fibula) and Regan Charles-Cook (ankle) although Patrick Bauer (suspension) and Johann Berg Gudmundsson (dead leg) are avalaible.

Stephen Henderson, Johnnie Jackson and Simon Makienok are back in the squad but are short of fitness following their recent spells on the sidelines and are unlikely to start.

Brentford boss Lee Carsley could stick with the same squad that beat Wolves in midweek, with Josh McEachran (foot), Jota (ankle) and Andreas Bjelland (knee) all long-term absentees.

Sam Saunders, Lewis Macleod, Marcos Tebar and Scott Hogan are all back in training after lengthy spells out but will not be risked this weekend.

• Brentford
    Sam Saunders, Lewis Macleod, Marcos Tebar and Scott Hogan are all back in training after lengthy spells out but will not be risked this weekend.

Meanwhile, over at Charlton, Johnnie Jackson, Simon Makienok, Franck Moussa, Reza Ghoochannejhad and Stephen Henderson are still some way from being match fit but will most probably all start anyway as it's either that or get a couple of the girls from the ticket office to play up front with the tea lady in the holding midfielder role.