Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Brentford | Sat 24 Oct | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• 2-1 to Charlton, late winner and all is forgiven.
  • Is Diarra suspended? I thought two of his yellows were in the same game and he's served a suspension for those.

Yeah he is... Has been confirmed by Charlton on twitter (i.e. the second booking v Palace was a straight red card rather than second yellow)
  • Is Diarra suspended? I thought two of his yellows were in the same game and he's served a suspension for those.

NEWS | It has been confirmed that Alou Diarra will be suspended for Saturday's clash with Brentford. #cafc
  • 1-0 Charlton AVE IT!
  • If our home support can try and stay positive and encourag the team from the build up and not wait with baited breath for the first mistake, waiting to berate a player low on confidence, we might just play with some composure and subsequently play better.

I don't think the crowd being a shade quiet 1min into the match will stop us conceding sloppy free-kicks, or our defence's inability to work as a unit - as much as I admire people who like to rally the fans - the current predicament is all down to on the field, perform there and the crowd will react accordingly - even without a goal, just some shots on target or corners
  • 1-2... A goal scored is an improvement, at least!
  • The team are really struggling, they need our support to at least try to avoid yet another self fulfilling prophecy.
  • edited October 2015
    Stick Watt and Reza up front and hope they link up with each other rather than running down their own blind alleys. If those two click they could be a decent speedy partnership. They're not going to win anything in the air though so let's hope we keep the ball on the deck, build some chances, get some overlaps going, push midfielders up to the edge of the box, get the strikers running in behind and populate the opposition box. Then we can bring Simon on the hold the ball up towards the end and keep it away from our end. 2-0 Addicks with a late breakaway settler coming when Brentford throw everything forward
  • Sponsored links:

• 4-4 draw
  • Stick Watt and Reza up front and hope they link up with each other rather than running down their own blind alleys. If those two click they could be a decent speedy partnership. They're not going to win anything in the air though so let's hope we keep the ball on the deck, build some chances, get some overlaps going, push midfielders up to the edge of the box, get the strikers running in behind and populate the opposition box. Then we can bring Simon on the hold the ball up towards the end and keep it away from our end. 2-0 Addicks with a late breakaway settler coming when Brentford throw everything forward

It is nice to dream, where everything is so easy
  • Stick Watt and Reza up front and hope they link up with each other rather than running down their own blind alleys. If those two click they could be a decent speedy partnership. They're not going to win anything in the air though so let's hope we keep the ball on the deck, build some chances, get some overlaps going, push midfielders up to the edge of the box, get the strikers running in behind and populate the opposition box. Then we can bring Simon on the hold the ball up towards the end and keep it away from our end. 2-0 Addicks with a late breakaway settler coming when Brentford throw everything forward

What I didn't entirely understand about Tuesday, was that IF Reza and Mak were fit enough to be on the bench, surely one could have started and then been replaced by the other. I know they're bringing back Mak carefully, but it would seem more logical to start with Mak, then use Reza's pace against the tiring legs later.

• sod it ... after Tuesday I have to try and be positive ... 4-1 to the Addicks
  • 2-0 Sarr with both......own goals.
  • Unrealistic to think a win is likely given our current form. 1-2.
  • can't believe all the people on here who think we're going to score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a fricking scooby doo
  • Won't mind losing as long as we give Brentford a game. The last result will live long in the memory if we don't put up a fight in the next.
  • 2 1 loss and the manger gets the sack
  • dallas said:

2 1 loss and the manger gets the sack

But he has been given a vote of confidence. As we all know Katrien is a Woman of her word.
  • Hendo back will improve confidence. Charlton to upset the odds, 2-1 win
  • edited October 2015
    We need the right team picked, or Guy is screwed, the players have to play out of their skins, for personal pride if nothing else.

This really is win or bust for Guy I'm sad to say, cmon Guy you can do it.
  • We need the right team picked, or Guy is screwed, the players have to play out of their skins, for personal pride if nothing else.

This really is win or bust for Guy I'm sad to say, cmon Guy you can do it.

We will.
  • Henderson starts we have a faint sniff. He doesn't and we give away our customary early goal and we are summarily rogered. Suspect we are down and out so it doesn't matter. Poisonous crowd and Inept tactics/team selection. 0-2 at best. By by gy.
  • All the negativity. They have David Button in goal and Alan McCormack in the middle. This is an easy 3-0 for us.