Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone at all still believe in RD and the network

Anyone still think he's taking the club forward and think positively?
A lot of people have defended RD and co saying all the good and necessary changes they have made, people shouldn't be so miserable, they saved us etc.

Do you still feel that way and believe to some extent that the club is moving in the right direction?

Not digging anyone out at all and hope it doesn't come across as a stupid question, just interested to see if anyone that's stuck up for them previously ie when Powell was sacked, would still stick up for them now.

Comments

• I think colin might be along soon...
  • Still think he's the best person for us in the long term , however the short term needs sorting In order to have the most 'profitable' and successful future!
    Ideally sorting out this season and having a proper push next season!
  • I think colin might be along soon...

Followed by SeriouslyRed.
  • It's incredibly difficult to read what thier intentions are. Whilst they have spent money, have they spent it properly? The squad is not good enough and that's thier fault. Then KM comes across awfully at times, I still believe she would lie (and has done) to the supporters of our club. She has a clear disregard for our proud history.
    The sad thing is, all we need to resolve this is a bit of communication from the club, yet in an absolute childish manor our board refuse to underline thier intentions and they are almost enjoying the way they are stringing Charlton supporters along by not saying anything.
  • Would be interested to hear @Taxi_Lad and @Addickted point of view of things.

I remember at the start of the year their views were different to mine, but they put their views across really well (as well as @ValleyGary @ShootersHillGuru and quite a few others), and it's really important that people feel they can state their honest view openly on a forum.

I'll always take an opposing view on board if it's genuine, and I'm pretty sure (I'd like to hope so) that so do the majority on here.

I agree, always good to have a reasoned counter view.

Not that Addickted's views are ever reasonable : - )

• sammy391 said:

Still think he's the best person for us in the long term , however the short term needs sorting In order to have the most 'profitable' and successful future!
    Ideally sorting out this season and having a proper push next season!

Agreed. Surely RD and KM would've been advised how the Championship and how English football works rather just pushing their ideas and risking relegation etc etc.

The players we have brought in, apart from a couple, are decent players - Watt, Henderson, Bauer, JBG and Reza.

• I think he has done a lot right.

Needs to sign the lady Doctor from Chelsea as the injury list is beyond a joke.

Needs to sign at least 3 quality players.
  • Sponsored links:

• avoiding the issue a bit .. WHO would be interested in buying CAFC ? .. we have become guinea pigs in Laboratory Duchatelet only because no-one was interested in buying the club the last time it was on the market .. we can only hope that the 'network' just like at last Christmas, will allow a couple of presents in the Roger Johnson/Chris Eagles mould .. to dig us outta the winter mire
  • Your right thanks RD.
  • Nicholas said:

Your right thanks RD.

Don't you mean you're ?
  • Never believed in the RD network from the moment they failed to engage in proper communication with the fan base.
  • Nicholas said:

Your right thanks RD.

Don't you mean you're ?
    A flag.........really ?

• Ultimately as a club we are playing in a game with huge financial risks that only 3 out of 24 will win each year and the dice are loaded heavily in favour of clubs who have already won the game in the last three years.

So we are left with a choice. Throw the dice and gamble or try and think up a different way to play the game. The current owner appear to have adopted the latter strategy, as much as I hate being part of an experiment, I appreciate that if it works the future is rosy.

Currently that experiment isn't working and the owner doesn't seem to realise it, or refuses to. I don't know what can be done to fix it, but hate that throwing a big pile of borrowed cash appears the only option at the moment. Until a viable alternative turns up I will grin and bear it.
  • I didn't go on Tuesday only missed two other home games since we dropped out of the Prem. 1 of those was to see Suggs at the Orchard Dartford on a Monday night when we were at home to Port Vale I think. I am not sure if I am going on Saturday or not. I am really fed up with the football we have played for many years. Our home form has been dire expert for our promotion year in League 1.
    RD has not improved things for me, I have no interest in the man but as the owner of Charlton he has achieved nothing. We in my opinion have a poor side especially when a lot of people on here are demanding that JJ should be in the starting 11 when he would not start in any other side in our division. Lack of interest from a lot of stay away supporters after all the work that went in to building our support over many years.
    I have one regret this season and that was spending £400 for my season ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    seth plum said:

He has got the money, he owns the club, none of us can match that.

He is going to be tinkering around with our club for years to come, as Katrien says he is the owner he calls the shots.

We can either put up with it or bog off.

Roland has a vision that he shares with Alan Turing, and he has been trying to tell us all for years what's right and what's wrong, but we can't see it as we are not visionaries like him.

I thought putting up with it would be tolerable, but I'm not sure how many more miserable experiences like last night I can handle. The trouble is he already has my season ticket money, so bogging off is an unattractive option.

I am of the generation that katrien wants to stop supporting Charlton, and I am also on this football forum a lot, which Roland dismisses as 'he can't compete with that'.

So sounding off on here is ignored by Roland.
    Being an old git is ignored by Katrien.
    Shouting encouragement during games is being ignored by the players.
    Wanting a better audio visual experience, and a better catering experience at games, whilst not being ignored in words, is ignored in practice.
    Taking money from me is not ignored in late March though, funny that.

Played at Charlton in 1974 but this is from 1978, but relevant in 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htz9CS-Zmms

Still don't understand why so many bought season tickets? Especially after the goings on last season and the uncertainty going into this.
    If Roland wants my commitment for a whole season,he's really going to have to earn it.
  • What network? With Liege out of the picture this network is pretty lame. What connections do we have at the moment - player wise with Alcorcan, Ujpest and CZ Jena?
  • avoiding the issue a bit .. WHO would be interested in buying CAFC ? .. we have become guinea pigs in Laboratory Duchatelet only because no-one was interested in buying the club the last time it was on the market .. we can only hope that the 'network' just like at last Christmas, will allow a couple of presents in the Roger Johnson/Chris Eagles mould .. to dig us outta the winter mire

These thing are nebulous and hard to pin down, but there was other interest and among the critical reasons Jiminez coud not sell were 1) asking too much money - £43m in summer 2013, 2) trying to sell to people who would not disclose their identity (hilariously given the existing set-up), 3) trying to retain a controlling influence himself and 4) due diligence exposing the business was weaker than presented.

As Slater commented, RD was able to complete the purchase quickly because he did his own due diligence. I read that to mean "didn't know what he was buying" at the time and still think it now. I think RD didn't much care because he is so convinced of his own genius and that outweighed the odd £10m in value.

The problem now is that the debt has piled up and is still piling up and the asking price with it. As Wyn Grant describes in the new Voice, buyers are in shorter supply, but if we go down it's very hard to see RD getting back half what he's spent.
    good insight AB ..
  • Will listen to anyone's viewpoint, everyone has a right to an opinion especially if they can explain their reasons for holding it in an educated manner. Signing any post with a sarcastic comment or dig at others is beyond childish and detrimental to how your post is viewed.
  • colin1961 said:

Look at the mess that Richard Murray got into and where TJ and Slater left us , one day away from going out of business .... Don't think anyone knows how many problems were at this club when RD saved us , what happened to the USA guy, the Russians , Arabs they all run a mile when they dug deep into our finances but RD did not , he took it on invested in the ground , pitch and laid die plans for the academy , he has improved the playing squad and increased our spending and wage budget 3 fold ..... RD still sorting out the mess left behind our losses have been cut with the sale of Gomaz we could be as low as only 2/3 million loses and from TJ and Slater days when there were losing treble that ..... That's the good work that RD as done
    He saved our club , without him there might not be a club the best most likey 2nd div like Portsmouth
    We are in a sound financial situation now better then we have been for many many years ..... Success is going to take time got to get the foundations sorted first , the rebuild as started but the mess left behind its not going to happen overnight .

We should thanking RD because we still have a Charlton to watch on Saturday afternoon if he decides he is fed up with the Agro I fear for our club .... Can't see anyone else brave enough to take us on

So thank you RD from the proper fans

From the proper fans - LMFAO
  • In answer to the OP's question ....Not me....
  • Nicholas said:

Don't forget PL54 lurking behind the bushes. Spouting shit then disappearing in the background again.

Loveable rogue, he's a loveable rogue
  • I still don't buy the debt thing, its debt to himself at the end of the day, the interest is another matter

of course he will want his investment back, but I'd like to win the Euro millions, so what..