Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Write to Katrien

13»

Comments

• Chizz said:

cafcfan said:

se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

No doubt she is a very intelligent lady,

I'm not convinced we can say that for sure. To get a law degree you need a very good memory and some analytical skills - that doesn't necessarily mean someone is intelligent.
    I have a law degree and there is absolutely nothing in the syllabus that I could say prepares you for running a football club. What's her vocational experience post education again ?
    A year and a half as a trainee at Freshfields another six months at White & Case again as a trainee and then eight months as an associate at Baker & McKenzie in Brussels. Perhaps she couldn't hack it at a large city firm and found a nice little number working for RD? I believe the attrition rate is pretty high in the magic circle.
    So that's it, is it? The root cause of the issues and failure of the team right now is nothing to do with the playing strength, match strategy, recruitment policy, training methods or management and coaching personnel? It's the post-qualification work experience of the Chief Executive?
    Well if the person in charge of recruiting the players (playing strength), the manager and coaching personnel is woefully out of her depth, as attested by her (lack of) experience then yes, you could say it's a significant cause of the nonsense we're now witnessing.
  • se9addick said:

Chizz said:

cafcfan said:

se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

I'm not convinced we can say that for sure. To get a law degree you need a very good memory and some analytical skills - that doesn't necessarily mean someone is intelligent.
    I have a law degree and there is absolutely nothing in the syllabus that I could say prepares you for running a football club. What's her vocational experience post education again ?
    A year and a half as a trainee at Freshfields another six months at White & Case again as a trainee and then eight months as an associate at Baker & McKenzie in Brussels. Perhaps she couldn't hack it at a large city firm and found a nice little number working for RD? I believe the attrition rate is pretty high in the magic circle.
    So that's it, is it? The root cause of the issues and failure of the team right now is nothing to do with the playing strength, match strategy, recruitment policy, training methods or management and coaching personnel? It's the post-qualification work experience of the Chief Executive?
    Well if the person in charge of recruiting the players (playing strength), the manager and coaching personnel is woefully out of her depth, as attested by her (lack of) experience then yes, you could say it's a significant cause of the nonsense we're now witnessing.
    So, if that is the sole cause - or even the major contributing factor - what is your suggestion as to how it should be solved?
  • I bet Katrien will not be on the train to Middlesbrough if we loose on Saturday.
  • Chizz said:

se9addick said:

Chizz said:

cafcfan said:

se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

So, if that is the sole cause - or even the major contributing factor - what is your suggestion as to how it should be solved?
    Whatever it is, it's guaranteed to be a better suggestion than crowdsourcing.

• cafcfan said:

You're probably right mate. I'm a qualified accountant and I'm thick as two short planks!! :smile: