Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Write to Katrien

Comments

• She's a puppet. She can't actually do anything she's not told to do, and I doubt the letters will even be read, certainly not acknowledged. Admirable sentiments and worthwhile in a sensibly run club. But with this shambles?
  • As we walked back to a hospitality lounge after the match, she walked past us on her way back to the boardroom. She was with a group of her guests and she seemed to be having a wonderful time - she was laughing her head off. As I passed her I told her she needs to spend more on players - she made no comment.

I admire your restraint. She would have got both barrels from me.
  • I would love to have said more but would probably find myself banned, but on reflection perhaps that would be a good thing!!!!!
  • edited October 2015
    Crowdsource for the answers to the problems? behave.

Next you'll be championing Jeremy Corbyn to be your next chairman.

It's a very cute, if extremely naive, viewpoint.

Suck up the bad times and accept them for what they are. No amount of emails, tantrums and toys on the floor will alter the mindset of your chairman (and board). They haven't got where they are today through listening to emotionally charged fans.
  • As we walked back to a hospitality lounge after the match, she walked past us on her way back to the boardroom. She was with a group of her guests and she seemed to be having a wonderful time - she was laughing her head off. As I passed her I told her she needs to spend more on players - she made no comment.

Thanks for sharing, but that's the most depressing thing I've read about last nights debacle.

She is having a wonderful time. Good salary, no doubt, lavish entertainment at every game. Perhaps she was laughing because the only alternative after watching that shambles was to cry?
  • se9addick said:

As we walked back to a hospitality lounge after the match, she walked past us on her way back to the boardroom. She was with a group of her guests and she seemed to be having a wonderful time - she was laughing her head off. As I passed her I told her she needs to spend more on players - she made no comment.

Thanks for sharing, but that's the most depressing thing I've read about last nights debacle.
    really? she isn't a fan and thus has none of the emotional ties that we all share. If she wants to enjoy her evening at work regardless of results then let her, I would find it more depressing if we all stopped caring.
  • She does not reply to correspondence,she is not interested in engaging with supporters. worse still she is clearly totally Incompetent.Her and her boss have still not realised how strong the Championship is, our squad is probably the thinnest in the league and it is now showing.
    I still fail to see what Roland's plan for the club is, surely with the riches on offer in England more investment would pay dividends, what use are we to him in League 1 unless it makes us cheaper to run.
    I really don't understand
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    MrLargo said:

As we walked back to a hospitality lounge after the match, she walked past us on her way back to the boardroom. She was with a group of her guests and she seemed to be having a wonderful time - she was laughing her head off. As I passed her I told her she needs to spend more on players - she made no comment.

I admire your restraint. She would have got both barrels from me.
    Perhaps he was afraid that she would break down in tears when confronted.

I was sympathetic last year (or was it earlier this year?) watching the train incident video on here. But this time after reading ME14addick's post, I don't think sympathy is necessary at all. It's the fans that are enduring the pain and misery.
  • I'm actually a 'she' . I would have more sympathy if she had been in tears, but to be seen laughing after such a dire performance made my blood boil.
  • No doubt she is a very intelligent lady, but she thinks she knows best and we're all stupid.

There is no point trying to point that out to her as she is ignorantly arrogant.

She doesn't care about the history of the club. She thinks her 'business plan' (that strangely doesn't have a timeline - a fundamental part of a business plan) will work, and RD will get even richer from plodding along in the lower part of the Championship.

She's having lots of fun spending money on new jumbo screens and decking out lounges (that are failing to pull in the public) and being the face of a decent sized football club. She loves being in the media and being the centre of attention (highlighted by the amount of documentaries and interviews she has taken part in).

I'm pretty sure she has a say in playing issues as well.

What I am trying to say is that you can write and suggest ideas all you like, she doesn't care and won't listen. It's her way or the highway and we're stuck with it for now.
  • edited October 2015
  • No doubt she is a very intelligent lady,

I'm not convinced we can say that for sure. To get a law degree you need a very good memory and some analytical skills - that doesn't necessarily mean someone is intelligent.
  • Chizz said:

Yep. That's what I said

If there's a better way for a significant number of fan to make their views clear and direct, then that would be even better. But in the absence, a flood of correspondence - however easy it is to ignore - becomes a very compelling argument.

Will one letter bring about a change? Probably not. Will hundreds and hundreds? Who knows?
    The price of stamps we could buy a player better than many we currently have for the cost of sending hundreds of letters.
  • cafcfan said:

No doubt she is a very intelligent lady,

I'm not convinced we can say that for sure. To get a law degree you need a very good memory and some analytical skills - that doesn't necessarily mean someone is intelligent.
    I have a law degree and there is absolutely nothing in the syllabus that I could say prepares you for running a football club. What's her vocational experience post education again ?
  • se9addick said:

really? she isn't a fan and thus has none of the emotional ties that we all share. If she wants to enjoy her evening at work regardless of results then let her, I would find it more depressing if we all stopped caring.
    Except she regularly tells us she is a fan and she wuvs Charlton soooo much. It's the disingenuous nonsense like this that gets people's backs up. She claims she fell in love with the club but she doesn't seem to buy into any of the club's values so I'm not sure what exactly about the club stole her heart. The potholes probably.
  • edited October 2015
    se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

I have a law degree and there is absolutely nothing in the syllabus that I could say prepares you for running a football club. What's her vocational experience post education again ?
    A year and a half as a trainee at Freshfields another six months at White & Case again as a trainee and then eight months as an associate at Baker & McKenzie in Brussels. Perhaps she couldn't hack it at a large city firm and found a nice little number working for RD? I believe the attrition rate is pretty high in the magic circle.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

A year and a half as a trainee at Freshfields another six months at White & Case again as a trainee and then eight months as an associate at Baker & McKenzie in Brussels. Perhaps she couldn't hack it at a large city firm and found a nice little number working for RD? I believe the attrition rate is pretty high in the magic circle.
    So that's it, is it? The root cause of the issues and failure of the team right now is nothing to do with the playing strength, match strategy, recruitment policy, training methods or management and coaching personnel? It's the post-qualification work experience of the Chief Executive?
  • I've taken the below from a post I wrote last night on another thread, I'm posting here just in case KM reads this site and thread-:

I'm asking now (if KM reads this site) if he (RD) will meet just me face to face to discuss, no camera's, no fuss just a face to face discussion with a 60 year old fan of a great club and listen, just once in his life listen to an ordinary person......well KM can you organise this ?
  • I've taken the below from a post I wrote last night on another thread, I'm posting here just in case KM reads this site and thread-:

I'm asking now (if KM reads this site) if he (RD) will meet just me face to face to discuss, no camera's, no fuss just a face to face discussion with a 60 year old fan of a great club and listen, just once in his life listen to an ordinary person......well KM can you organise this ?

I suspect the chances of anyone running the club reading this site are about the same as us staying up (on current form).
  • se9addick said:

Except she regularly tells us she is a fan and she wuvs Charlton soooo much. It's the disingenuous nonsense like this that gets people's backs up. She claims she fell in love with the club but she doesn't seem to buy into any of the club's values so I'm not sure what exactly about the club stole her heart. The potholes probably.
    Easiest thing in the world to profess love for X or Y. Proving it ... well, another story. Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, but before she took on the role, is there any evidence she had been to a match/matches ... or even followed the side?

What is it you want to say?
  • Chizz said:

I've taken the below from a post I wrote last night on another thread, I'm posting here just in case KM reads this site and thread-:

An adult conversation, for an hour or so about the club, the plans and trying to get him to understand, or him to explain to me whats happening. It more than likely wont work, but perhaps an old codger like me, keeping calm and having a two-way discussion may at least shed some light on what's going on. It'll at least be an opportunity for RD/KM to tell it how it is from their viewpoint. Take away the camera's, fuss, and just have a business meeting.
  • Chizz said:

I've taken the below from a post I wrote last night on another thread, I'm posting here just in case KM reads this site and thread-:

An adult conversation, for an hour or so about the club, the plans and trying to get him to understand, or him to explain to me whats happening. It more than likely wont work, but perhaps an old codger like me, keeping calm and having a two-way discussion may at least shed some light on what's going on. It'll at least be an opportunity for RD/KM to tell it how it is from their viewpoint. Take away the camera's, fuss, and just have a business meeting.
    Yes, an hour-long conversation, but saying what..? What is it you want to tell him?
  • edited October 2015
    Chizz said:

cafcfan said:

se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

So that's it, is it? The root cause of the issues and failure of the team right now is nothing to do with the playing strength, match strategy, recruitment policy, training methods or management and coaching personnel? It's the post-qualification work experience of the Chief Executive?
    It's your thread @Chizz - you suggested writing to our so-called CEO! I'm merely (or should I say Meirely) suggesting that there's no point because she probably hasn't got the necessary acumen, nous - call it what you will - to understand the huge number of issues facing our club at just about every level, whether on the playing field or off it.

In any event she'd probably say the letters were lost by Royal Mail and never reached her.
  • Unlike many in business nowadays she clearly fails to understand the difference between strategy and tactics. I have little problem with the objectives that RD has set for the club, or the strategy that they have set out for achieving the objectives. What appears absolutely hopeless at the moment is the day to day and week to week management for implementing the strategy - unfortunately, we have competitors who are not working to the strategy ( and in fact are working against it) and shit happens (whether it be players getting injured, not performing as expected, employers not implementing or understanding the strategy) and you have to start from where you are rather than where you want to be. You may be very good at espousing the strategy and objectives and handling the commercial management of the club - but I'm afraid KM needs to admit that when it comes to managing the football side she has very little experience, and that the appointed nominee GL also has precious little experience when it comes to the Championship and British football. It doesn't mean that KM or GL have nothing to offer - but there has to be some recognition that there are gaps in their management skills. Perhaps a sensible step would be to appoint a Director of Football with Championship experience, who has shown a willingness in the past to use Continental players - a certain Mr Curbishley springs to mind.

BTW KM also needs to go on a communications skills course - as she clearly has some problems with the target market (pretty understandable if CL is a representative cross section)