Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Write to Katrien

Can I suggest that, whatever anyone is thinking right now, write it down - either post it on here, or just bung it on a bit of paper. Whatever furious reaction you have to tonight's debacle, put it down in black and white. Tonight's the time it's going to hurt the most and mean the most. (Very important: out of respect to the people that run this site, make sure your comments are clean and appropriate).

But here's the important bit...

In the morning, read it again. And if you still think your comment makes sense - if you still think your comment will help to find a solution to the awful mess - send it to Katrien.

Katrien Meire
Director
Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd
The Valley
Floyd Road
Charlton
SE7 8BL

Be part of the solution: make it clear to her what you think about the current situation and tell her what has to be done. Tonight's result is the last straw.

Comments

• Send her flowers. She will think she's wonderful.
  • She doesn't reply @Chizz

She didn't even reply to fans I know who have wrote to her in the past with potential business ideas which would be of benefit to the club
  • She doesn't reply @Chizz

She didn't even reply to fans I know who have wrote to her in the past with potential business ideas which would be of benefit to the club

Oh right. Well in that case, just give up, right?
  • Yep. That's what I said
  • Utterly pointless writing anything to her.
  • edited October 2015
    Stay classy

Oh come on mods your thinking the same.
  • Yep. That's what I said

If there's a better way for a significant number of fan to make their views clear and direct, then that would be even better. But in the absence, a flood of correspondence - however easy it is to ignore - becomes a very compelling argument.

Will one letter bring about a change? Probably not. Will hundreds and hundreds? Who knows?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:

Utterly pointless writing anything to her.

Thanks for your view, which has certainly shed significant light on the issue.
  • edited October 2015
    ;)
  • However much KM and RD know about the football business; however much they claim to know; they don't know everything and they won't have every solution. Charlton fans can crowdsource the ideas that can end the mess, turn the season round and head the club back in the right direction.

All it takes is one fan to dream up the genuine, unique spark of wisdom and to get it in front of the person that can bring about the change.

If you think you know what can - and should - be done, then let her know. What have you got to lose?
  • Drive her out
  • Nicholas said:

Send her flowers. She will think she's wonderful.

She doesn't due complaints or anyone even questioning them so lets shower her with compliments. It may get her to communicate with the supporters!

• If you want to do something protest outside the west every home game 'Newcastle style' usually does the trick
  • You have to send proof of age or she won't read it, if you're over 15 you're obviously outside the tent pissing in.
  • AFC Charlton? Fuck it Liverpool & Blackpool have done it
  • While i agree with the sentiment Chizz sadly Katrien has shown time and time again she has no interest in serious discussions with the fans, i agree with others it is a waste of time.

It will take much more then a few dozen letters to have any chance of getting the change we need at the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015

Dear Katrien, please would you emplore Roland to sell up asap.
    I suggest around 50% of our support will no longer be supporters, this time next season, if we are relegated.
    Please stop the childish gimmicks and give us a squad that we can be proud of.
    If RD is not willing and he clearly is not, then it's best he sells up.
    We don't want an admission that his scheme will never work.
    A sale of the club will suffice.

Many thanks

Or dear Katrien F off

Belgiums out.
  • Whatever
  • The trust recently printed a Belgian interview with him about his political party. It pretty much proved to me he isn't the full ticket!

Think yourself lucky you didn't have to translate it! Haven't found anything quite so difficult and impenetrable since Latin A Level!
  • I have sent her my season ticket along with a waffle that has the words "might as well f*ck this over why your at it".
  • I have sent her my season ticket along with a waffle that has the words "might as well f*ck this over why your at it".

Bad move. This will likely please her. You've already paid for your seat and now you won't be wearing it out, by sitting on it.
    She'll take this as a right result.
  • Better still, get your kids to send her a letter saying how worried they are about the direction of the club they love and where it's going to be in the future.