Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stephen Henderson + Johan Berg Gudmundsson - Bromley Addicks 29th Oct

1235»

Comments

• Options

Blimey Henry. You've aged mate ;0)

Piss off you : - )
  • Options
    Great stuff Henry, thanks for feedback
  • Options
    thanks for feedback ... sounds like it was a good meeting
  • Options
    Will add my thanks for all the feedback.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

stonemuse said:

thanks for feedback ... sounds like it was a good meeting

I asked JBG about this type of thing and he says in doesn't happen in Holland or Iceland so maybe it is just a English or even Charlton thing.
    Think the SV Hamburg players had a heart to heart with a group of fans last year in a bar, when it looked like HSV were going down. Fair play to the fans....however bad it got (and check out their turnover of managers in recent years!) their support stayed firm and by all accounts was crucial to HSV's skin off the teeth survival (last minute playoff equaliser and then extra time winner v Karlsruhe).

• Options
    I'm really pleased that this evening wasn't cancelled, however awkward/ difficult it may have seemed at the start , cancelling it would have sent out the wrong signals.
    For me the thing that came across from last night was to keep backing and supporting the players, Hendo hated the booing that went on against Preston, and I know it's people's right to voice their displeasure, he thought it did the team no favours.

Of course the players are not happy with where we are in the table, and they want us to improve, things might seem really dark now, but we need to keep the faith, the fans will still be hear when this circus has rolled out of town, don't turn your back on the team, they need us more than ever.

I hope the players do go out for some team bonding to keep their spirits up, but preferably after the Boro game!

Thanks for organising Henry, good to catch up with you and Soapbox Sam, Beckenham is a bit off my radar, 3 trains and 2 hours to get to.

I was running around the streets like a madmen trying to find the place, having being given incorrect directions from a cab driver, it was funny however when 2 old guys came through the doors behind Hendo and JBG, drenched in sweat, I think they'd been playing badders or squash, I did wonder whether Hendo and JBG were thinking 'what the hell have we walked into here'

You never know but If JBG can do the impossible against the Dutch, then Boro away should be a piece of cake.

COYR
  • Options
    thanks for feedback henry but do you think they answered sincerely or how you would've expected, towing the party line?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

thanks for feedback henry but do you think they answered sincerely or how you would've expected, towing the party line?

Yes, I think they answered sincerely.

BTW, I didn't expect them to "toe the party line"
  • Options
    edited October 2015

I was running around the streets like a madmen trying to find the place, having being given incorrect directions from a cab driver, it was funny however when 2 old guys came through the doors behind Hendo and JBG, drenched in sweat, I think they'd been playing badders or squash, I did wonder whether Hendo and JBG were thinking 'what the hell have we walked into here'

Squash courts through there mate.
  • Options
    Thanks Henry, a great summing up. I used to go to
    the Bickley WMC meetings but have moved down to the coast.
    Good of you to organise these and hope you get invited to
    the meeting with KM and RM. Keep the good work up!
  • Options

Thanks but very much doubt I'll be invited.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Invited? He's probably organising it !!! :-)

Cheers for the updates HI
  • Options

Thanks but very much doubt I'll be invited.
    that's disgraceful, let's organise a boycott!
  • Options
    Echoed from me too Henry, thanks for taking the time to help us feel connected by adding your notes and responses.
    I read it all avidly.
  • Options

Invited? He's probably organising it !!! :-)

Cheers for the updates HI

No way, I CAN organise a piss up in a brewery : - )
  • Options

Echoed from me too Henry, thanks for taking the time to help us feel connected by adding your notes and responses.
    I read it all avidly.

Flattery will get you everywhere : - )

Appreciate all the kind words folks.
  • Options
    Cheers H for great reports. I am happy to eat humble pie as I was convinced that the guys would pull out so fair play to them. Interesting comments. They have a higher opinion of Solly and cousins than I do so maybe I should take note.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great feedback all.

So, there is some hope then?
  • Options
    Rob said:

Great feedback all.

So, there is some hope then?

Hope, think you're stretching it a bit far!
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this up Henry. Both guests sound great and after the last couple of weeks reading your notes has done a little bit to reconnect me to "feeling Charlton".
  • Options
    bump

Not sure how this reads in hindsight but since they've both now gone.

This was at the start of the Clown Fraeye era BTW