Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stephen Henderson + Johan Berg Gudmundsson - Bromley Addicks 29th Oct

Comments

• Options
    Glad it was a good night, when's the next one...? :-)

Some nice insights, thanks.

One thing I notice is that Hendo says that they had training with Euell, but didn't Fraeye say that he didn't meet him until Tuesday because he was away with the u21's? Maybe Hendo just got mixed up on his days.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Some good questions asked there but also some I cant understand (Apologies if these were asked to SH / JBG as tongue in cheek)

- Pope's mistakes... Why the hell would they be a plus for Stephen, he'd have to be a mean b*****d to come out and say that he enjoyed seeing them... As I've said though, (and SH confirmed), jeering someone and all the negativity about Pope wont help one iota

- Mentioning Johann's miss... No need to bring that up and remind him
  • Options
    Thanks HI
  • Options

Some good questions asked there but also some I cant understand (Apologies if these were asked to SH / JBG as tongue in cheek)

- Pope's mistakes... Why the hell would they be a plus for Stephen, he'd have to be a mean b*****d to come out and say that he enjoyed seeing them.

The Johan miss question was very much my tongue in my cheek and JBG got that. As I said very dry sense of humour.
  • Options

- Pope's mistakes... Why the hell would they be a plus for Stephen, he'd have to be a mean b*****d to come out and say that he enjoyed seeing them.

The Johan miss question was very much my tongue in my cheek and JBG got that. As I said very dry sense of humour.
    Cool, cheers for clearing that up :)
  • Options
    They had to leave early as they are taking the train up to Boro after training this (Fri) morning. Prefer train to coach. Q: We used to fly to these games JBG "No money for airplanes now"

Have I missed something? Gudmondssonn was signed under the Duchatalet Regime wasn't he?
    So what's happened to stop Roly paying for planes then???
  • Options

Yes, a stupid question as apart from anything else, Henderson is the clear number 1, it's not like he's the reserve keeper waiting for the 1st choice keeper to be dropped
  • Options

Glad it was a good night, when's the next one...? :-)

Some nice insights, thanks.

17th September 2015
    -29th October 2015

-3th December 2015
    -4th February 2016
    -17th March 2016
    -5th May 2016

Will most likely be some Ex-players next but if Roland's over and fancies a chat........... : - )
  • Options

They had to leave early as they are taking the train up to Boro after training this (Fri) morning. Prefer train to coach. Q: We used to fly to these games JBG "No money for airplanes now"

Have I missed something? Gudmondssonn was signed under the Duchatalet Regime wasn't he?

Did they ever fly to away games... I know they've caught the train a few times as last season was going down the Sidcup line and saw Jordan Cousins on the platform.

Another thing is that JBG is probably happy about that as in the Programme on Saturday he mentioned he's got a fear of heights
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks, Henry.

Look forward to the 2nd instalment :o)

• Options
    Thanks for notes
  • Options

Did Johan say he is still delighted that he signed a new contract?

He said that he would still be here regardless as he was still under contract for this season.

OK, off soon so some quick notes in no particular order

They did shape training today so SH "We know the team for Boro but I'm not telling you" JBG "We looked a Boro and their strengths and weaknesses and which players to watch"

SH said he liked and respected Guy and felt bad to see him go. JBG agreed. Q: Some people said he lost the dressing room SH "Rubbish, that's an easy excuse been in that situation at another club and this was nothing like it at all." JBG we've been underperforming, nothing to do with losing the dressing room"

KF? SH "Nice guy, calm and a good listener" JBG "very positive and intense but not seen enough yet"

Jason Euell SH "Worked with us on Monday, can be a benefit to us" JBG Knows all the players and the league, good coach and a good guy"

Training so far this week SH "Excellent training, very positive

Q: Johnny Jackson has been helping with coaching this week? JBG "He got lucky (laughes). He's doing his coaching badges so he do some coaching but it was a good session"

The bad run SH "it's a cliche but you put your head down and work. It's fine margins. If we score first v Brentford we go on to win but we didn't. We had three good chances and didn't take them and got punished but at least we are making the chances. Q: "Does that included Johan's chance?" JBG "Yes, I've been reminded of that one all week"

Free Kick and a player on the post. We used to do this JBG: "When was this 50 years ago? SH No, no don't want that. They would just crown the area and then I cant see. I prefer the less the better so I can see. If you have too many in the wall you're leaving people unmarked.

Lee Turner. Very good GK coach. Had a close bond with Ben Roberts but Lee has stepped in perfectly.

Pope's mistakes, were they a plus for you SH: Not a plus for me, I never look at it that way. I feel his pain. Nick will be a top top keeper in 2 or 3 years. I tell you what is bad is a young keeper getting jeeered. He has come thru it and I respect him, he's come through stronger. We (Keepers) work harder than anyone (JBG pulls a face), Johan might disagree but we do. You need to make mistakes as a young keeper. I rate all the young keepers here, they need to get out to play.

More later if I get time

Thanks for posting
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Johann and Stephen got the short straw in going to a meeting when we have lost 7 and drawn 2 of our last 9 games.
    Both players said about our small squad and the injuries effecting our form.
    Hendo confirmed what The U21 watchers Said,
    Ademola Lookman is the stand out player from that group.
    I would expect now that Jason Euell is with the 1st team that Ademola will start getting on the bench.
    When the leading question reared its head about the owner and his plans,
    Stephen said your asking the wrong guys,
    Both players said The team were playing poorly and were to blame, Guy was liked by the Squad. Didn't sound like Luzon always focused on the other team ?
    More about our shape.
    Henderson Feels the talent is there and he would be disappointed if we finish below 10th ! The Irish charm convinced me that could happen,
    The Iceman said we should finish top half; Not with the same conviction.
    The most Positive statement of the night was said by Mendonca in Asda,
    When he pointed out that Palace were bottom 3 in Late October and Got promoted via the play off in May.
    I hope that being Positive is still allowed despite our quirky owner.
    Some of us have a Financial reason for CAFC finishing Top Half(Mad fool Sam)
  • Options

Johann and Stephen got the short straw in going to a meeting when we have lost 7 and drawn 2 of our last 9 games.
    I would expect now that Jason Euell is with the 1st team that Ademola will start getting on the bench.
    Both players said The team were playing poorly and were to blame, Guy was liked by the Squad. Didn't sound like Luzon always focused on the other team ?
    More about our shape.
    Henderson Feels the talent is there and he would be disappointed if we finish below 10th ! The Irish charm convinced me that could happen,
    When he pointed out that Palace were bottom 3 in Late October and Got promoted via the play off in May.

Good point to make... What was the reaction from Stephen and Johann when this got said
  • Options
    thanks Henry, enjoy your weekend
  • Options

Did they ever fly to away games... I know they've caught the train a few times as last season was going down the Sidcup line and saw Jordan Cousins on the platform.

Another thing is that JBG is probably happy about that as in the Programme on Saturday he mentioned he's got a fear of heights
    Since the PL days, the players have hardly ever flown. I don't recall them taking the train much before the Powell era though
  • Options
    edited October 2015

More about our shape.

Good point to make... What was the reaction from Stephen and Johann when this got said
    When they stopped laughing ! no they were pleased to hear some positive comments.

Soon after, both players said we should finish in the top half of the table,
    but didn't go as far as saying the play offs because like us they don't know how the injuries situation will pan out and what new players will come to the club in January.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Henry.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting. Encouraging news re: Kashi.
  • Options
    excellent, makes me feel a little more positive.
  • Options
    Thanks for the posts. Still think we'll be relegated.
  • Options
    Got some signed pits and pieces that I might auction on here or at the next meeting.