Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheerleaders - Just NO.

Comments

• Options
    Just when I thought our tv appearances couldn't get any more embarrassing we've gone down the 1975 Summertime Special route. @BDL better watch his back if he sees Diddy David Hamilton knocking about The Valley on Sunday.

• Options
    We could fly a robin across the pitch while playing pumping euro-house before games.
  • Options
    Was it wrong of me hoping for some pictures ?
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/manacheerleader

By the look of things, they are a professional outfit, presumably hired as a one off, rather than something tied to the club like the Palace ones
  • Options
    Are there cheerleaders at Belgian football matches?
  • Options
    I tell thee.......
  • Options
    Not just cheerleaders, but from that picture, cheerleaders in Red and Blue. Katrien, are you Noades in disguise?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Is this an idea or is it seriously going to happen on Sunday?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    We will be performing to a rousing chorus of "you do not know what you are doing" (trad) performed by A. Lotofcharltonfans
  • Options
    If we keep ideas like this coming we could soon be just like Palace but without all that on pitch success to get in the way......
  • Options

Oh for the days in the Prem under Curbs, with the opera guy in a Charlton scarf belting out Nessun Dorma, and a few other favourites before kick off, then leaving the field to a rousing cheer from all sides - 27,111 full house.

Classy.

You just had to say it didn't you? I was getting through the evening o/k then you reminded me of the glorious past.
    Now i'm sitting in the outside khazi drinking a tin of Brasso and crying into my plastic tub of whelks. Oh! where did it all go wrong? ..................
  • Options
    Daggs said:

Oh for the days in the Prem under Curbs, with the opera guy in a Charlton scarf belting out Nessun Dorma, and a few other favourites before kick off, then leaving the field to a rousing cheer from all sides - 27,111 full house.

Classy.

You just had to say it didn't you? I was getting through the evening o/k then you reminded me of the glorious past.
    Now i'm sitting in the outside khazi drinking a tin of Brasso and crying into my plastic tub of whelks. Oh! where did it all go wrong? ..................
    It didn't go wrong. We just went to the next level

Downwards
  • Options
    Come on Katrien strike a blow for feminism - put Charlton Life's finest in slightly too small too small football kit and then make the gyrate in front of the Covered End to some hit from their youth that they have chosen by their own convoluted voting system - you know it makes sense. And if they moan too much about the game then invite them back again.

Personally, I'd just prefer a proper penalty shoot out competition with local youth teams.
  • Options
    Half time in its entirety should be a lecture from an ageing luminary on the topic of football, Greenwich or miscellaneous culture. It should be observed in complete and respectful silence.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
  • Options

https://twitter.com/manacheerleader

By the look of things, they are a professional outfit, presumably hired as a one off, rather than something tied to the club like the Palace ones

The crystals are technically contracted to a firm called Kormani and can be hired for other events too.

I hate this idea so so much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

Half time in its entirety should be a lecture from an ageing luminary on the topic of football, Greenwich or miscellaneous culture. It should be observed in complete and respectful silence.

I thought you'd be delighted. Have a perv up in front of your missus, get her back for the Bulot obsession!
  • Options
    I'd be far more aroused watching dear old Freddy strut his stuff, let me assure you
  • Options
    If we all thought this and the sofa was bad, especially with the football we are playing and at the moment, thanks to Rotherham losing, we are 17th, by Saturday night, we could be 3rd to bottom, there, that's cheered you all up
  • Options
    More importantly, will the ale bar in the East stand be open on Sunday?
  • Options
    Let's invite Ronnie Pickering to give us a song at half-time. What do you mean, who's Ronnie Pickering?
  • Options
    Why don't they just go the whole hog and have dancing reader's wives
  • Options
    As long as they don't replace the RRR or introduce goal music...
  • Options
    I have to say they look slightly more, um, professional than the last bunch

• Options
    Stig said:

Not just cheerleaders, but from that picture, cheerleaders in Red and Blue. Katrien, are you Noades in disguise?</blockquote

Blimus thats a worrying image!.

• Options
    se9addick said:

As long as they don't replace the RRR or introduce goal music...

Give it time.

You have to understand that Roland does things his way.