Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another Shooting In America?

Comments

• Report on Guardian website that 3 year old girl accidentally  killed her 4 year old sister in Texas with semi automatic pistol. This is scandalous. Five adults on premises as well. 
  • I just cannot understand why a parent would leave a loaded gun lying about
    Because they are thoughtless and stupid.
    This is the central dichotomy of US gun ownership. If you own a gun for self defense, then it needs to loaded and easily accessible, which of course is totally irresponsible. But if you're a responsible gun owner who keeps the gun unloaded and secured, then it's completely useless for self defense.

Americans need to be more honest with themselves. They own guns because they like owning guns. Stop pretending they're for home defense and lock them up when not in use.
    Just for the sake of argument I’ll adopt the idea that someone owning a gun does so for reasons of protection and also buy into the need for it to be loaded and quickly accessible. That doesn’t necessitate that the weapon is kept in a position that is accessible to everyone and particularly to children. I can think of plenty of places in my house where I could place a weapon, not in view or where my grandchildren could lay hands on it. Not under lock and key. It begs the question that if it’s not very easily accessible then what’s the point. To get around that you’d need to be wearing a firearm. Whatever way you come from it’s insane. The parents of children who access guns that lead to deaths should be criminally responsible. I assume they are. 
    Because if there are many millions of guns (there are more guns that people in the US I think?) then it's an inevitability. 

The country is terminally sick. One way to save it would be to teach school kids about media ownership and the spread of conspiracy theories online, as they do in Finland. The US is a post truth society now, and that really needs to change.
  • Six people, three of them children, have been killed in a primary school shooting in Nashville.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-65087221
  • edited March 2023
    What is people's fascination to keep reporting atrocities like this on a football forum, and a local team one too? The USA is a f***ed country and has nothing to with our life in the UK. 
     For goodness sake please leave it alone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    What is people's fascination to keep reporting atrocities like this on a football forum, and a local team one too? The USA is a f***ed country and has nothing to with our life in the UK. 
     For goodness sake please leave it alone. 
     Loads of things on this forum that are irrelevant to a football forum of a local team. 

Don't want to read it? Ignore it.
    So you like to read about things like this and think it should be on Charlton Life? Very odd. 

• Must be the first school shooting I can think of where the perpetrator was female. No doubt the discussion will be about everything other than gun availability 
  • McBobbin said:
    Must be the first school shooting I can think of where the perpetrator was female. No doubt the discussion will be about everything other than gun availability 
    Trans
  • McBobbin said:
    Must be the first school shooting I can think of where the perpetrator was female. No doubt the discussion will be about everything other than gun availability 
    If all females were heavily armed I’m sure things would be a lot safer. 
  • McBobbin said:
    Trans
    I’m sure they’ll love that in America
  • Sponsored links:

• I love their country but I just can’t stand Americans.  I worked over there on and off for a couple of years and many of them were really nice but there were some frighteningly odd people out there too.  A lot more than I encounter over here.  
    I always wanted to retire out there one day but I just can’t see things improving over there because they are so intent on giving guns to nutters.  The arguments will rage on out there and, like everything else out there, the nation is soooo divided about things that they won’t ever go forward.  It’s always 50/50 so there’s no massive majority either way for all key decisions 

sad really - beautiful place to visit but it is let down by its people and their inability to stop shooting stuff.  
  • So glad I wasn't born in the USA. Cesspool of a country.
  • Swisdom said:
    I love their country but I just can’t stand Americans.  I worked over there on and off for a couple of years and many of them were really nice but there were some frighteningly odd people out there too.  A lot more than I encounter over here.  
    I always wanted to retire out there one day but I just can’t see things improving over there because they are so intent on giving guns to nutters.  The arguments will rage on out there and, like everything else out there, the nation is soooo divided about things that they won’t ever go forward.  It’s always 50/50 so there’s no massive majority either way for all key decisions 

sad really - beautiful place to visit but it is let down by its people and their inability to stop shooting stuff.  
    Perhaps retire to Canada? It's also a beautiful country but without the gun issue.
  • Debate about trans terrorism in the States given that the gunman was apparently trans. Guns obviously not the main issue.
  • McBobbin said:
    Trans
    biological woman that used male pronouns on social medial apparently 
  • Try and talk to a yank about this issue and they'll just respond with 'uk has knife crime'... they are beyond saving.
  • McBobbin said:
    Didnt the boomtown rats sing a song about a female shooter going back. I dont like mondays, cant recall her name.