Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vinyl Records

13»

Comments

• Options

I have a few Who records signed by Roger Daltrey & John Entwistle, Townshend wouldn't sign them.. My brother though has Anarchy in the uk, with Cook, jones,signed! Could be worth a few quid.

Sell 'em quick, whilst those of us left who remember The Who are still alive.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I have a few Who records signed by Roger Daltrey & John Entwistle, Townshend wouldn't sign them.. My brother though has Anarchy in the uk, with Cook, jones,signed! Could be worth a few quid.

Or be a mercenary and wait until they die and cash in.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Or be a mercenary and wait until they die and cash in.
    Ha, not quite what I meant, Dave.

I should've said while those of us still alive who remember seeing The Who/Pistols play in their prime.
    Once my generation is gone, our kids won't be interested in buying this stuff - they'll have their own heroes from their own generation.

• Options
    I don't think I've got anything ultra rare but I've got some that would fetch a reasonable price. I wouldn't be selling anything from my vinyl hoard which is up in the loft. It's a link to my youth. :)

Nuthin' Fancy single - Looking for a good time

Terraplane 12" single - I Survive

Sgt Pepper Picture disc

Abbey Road Picture disc

• Options
    I sold mine a few years ago to a guy who used to post on here, absurdistan. Kept a couple of ones I had signed but the only rate one I've got is an original copy of Roy Ayers first album West Cost Vibes. Still have all my 45's at my mums though.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Just bought a some new shelves and have literally just finished putting our vinyl LPs on them. Somehow have 2 copies each of The Treniers - Rockin' is Our Business, The Jodimars - Now Dig This and the eponymous Johnny Burnette and the Rock n Roll Trio Album. Loads of great rock n roll and rockabilly compilations, some we had forgotten we had. Might be time for a bit of a spin up this weekend...
  • Options
    I started collecting vinyl in '82 when I left school.

In those days I was big into Depeche Mode and Ultravox. It was great developing my collection, I would always buy the single as well as the 12" version. This developed on to buying coloured vinyl and imports.

Happy days.
  • Options
    The most expensive I ever sold was a Stone Roses 12" for £1200, another for £350.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Never been a great 'collector' of Vinyl, but did buy and sell bootlegs circa 70-76. Got many of them from Geoffrey Collins and Virgin Records in Oxford Street. Then the BPI got heavy, and a lot of the indie record shops refused to stock them.
    Some of the quality was pretty terrible, including some of them listed here:https://thevinylfactory.com/features/criminal-records-the-10-rarest-and-best-bootlegs-in-existence/
    I do not think the record industry understood the concept of the 'live album', although Live at Leeds by the who, and the live Cream albums might have made them realise that they were cheap to release, and anyway the fans were going to buy them. The music by Hendrix, Free, Cream, Pink Floyd was going to be different at each concert from 68, as groups and artists were not there main priority, at least in regard to the single. In fact, quite a few bands like Led Zep refused to have singles from the albums.