Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vinyl Records

What is the most valuable record you own - according to this website which catalogues vinyl record sales on a daily basis?

https://gripsweat.com/

Comments

• I got rid of most of mine a couple of years ago. Of the few I kept the most valuable on there is a 1st edition copy of Roy Ayers, West Coast Vibes at 139US
  • Mine is a first pressing of Zeppelin One.
    Only differnece is turquoise type instead of orange. That adds arouns £1000 to the value apparently
  • Huh. Though my White Album would be worth more. Its an original (my mum bought it as a teen) but it has been played.
  • I own one LP bought for me for Christmas when I was 6. It's probably buried somewhere in my Mum & Dad's loft and worth around 99p.

• I've got a copy of Roxanne by the Police. 12" vinyl single with Telephone cover.
    I always thought it was rare and therefore had a value. But I don't actually know if that is true.
    I sold a couple of Jam LP's once. To another Scooterist, who wanted them in vinyl. I only charged a fiver each. They were pristine.
  • I own one LP bought for me for Christmas when I was 6. It's probably buried somewhere in my Mum & Dad's loft and worth around 99p.

You didn't get an Albanian car stereo with it, did you?
  • I've got a couple of early Green Day 7 inches on coloured vinyl which I was told are worth around eighty pounds each but I don't know if that's right.

The most I've ever spent on vinyl was twenty five notes on a Marillion 12" US radio promo signed by the band. I was fourteen and to this day I have never played it.
  • I once funded a weekend trip to Paris by selling a Saint Etienne fanclub only CD - those things used to fetch a fortune but now tat they have all been reissued the prices have dropped.
  • Stig said:

I own one LP bought for me for Christmas when I was 6. It's probably buried somewhere in my Mum & Dad's loft and worth around 99p.

Don't be stupid Stig... I was 6, what use would I have for a car stereo?

I was still driving a motorcycle back then.

• Sponsored links:

• Oasis - Columbia Demo 12" released by Creation way before Supersonic the first single. Only 500 pressed, not many about nowadays, think it's worth £250 - £300
  • edited September 2015
    Two schoolmates of mine went into Sound and Vision Longfield in 77/78 and each bought a copy of Anarchy in the UK on A&M, from the ex-pops bin for .10 pence each.. KERCHINNNNGGG current value £5 / £10 k + each. They said the annoying thing is that they still had a couple of others for sale.
  • Halix said:

My schoolmate went into Sound and Vision in Longfield and bought 2 copies of Anarchy in the UK on A&M, from the ex-pops bin for .10 pence each.. KERCHINNNNGGG current value £5k + each.

Might pop down there to see if they've got any more copies.
  • I always thought my Dead Kennedys' singles were worth something but not really!

Failing that the Slits (Cut) and Kleenex singles seem to go for the most.

It is bit of an addictive site though.
  • This is probably the most valuable album I have according to the site -

John Martyn - Live at Leeds (1975) Limited Edition Vinyl Signed

Sold Date: September 1, 2015
    Start Date: August 22, 2015
    Final Price: £101.00 (GBP)
  • Stig said:

I own one LP bought for me for Christmas when I was 6. It's probably buried somewhere in my Mum & Dad's loft and worth around 99p.

He should be so lucky
  • I have a copy of Darrell Banks 45 ‘Open The Door To Your Heart’/‘Our Love’ somewhere
  • I have a copy of the Please Please Me album same as the one listed but the cover is pretty tatty. Worth much more than I thought it would be. Bought it for £1 years ago at a jumble sale.
    Also have With the Beatles I think somewhere.
    Will have to dig them out reading that.
  • Riscardo said:

I have a copy of Darrell Banks 45 ‘Open The Door To Your Heart’/‘Our Love’ somewhere

On London American (mega rare) or Stateside, only about £20.
  • As a kid - found in my grandparents attic some old 78's - Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis' Jailhouse Rock and many others that I can't remember. Put them all into boiling water and bent them into bowls and flower vases! Not the best of moves...
  • Sponsored links:

• theres teenagers reading this thread saying wtf they on about lol
  • Sure I have a few good ones in there but just checked some quickly:

Glastonbury Fayre triple album with inserts - $100
    Metal Box 1st pressing - PIL - £100
    Sham 69 - What 'ave we got - $250
    Sham 69 - Give a Dog a Bone - $195
  • edited September 2015
    cafc-west said:

As a kid - found in my grandparents attic some old 78's - Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis' Jailhouse Rock and many others that I can't remember. Put them all into boiling water and bent them into bowls and flower vases! Not the best of moves...

Presumably not least because there would have been a hole in the middle for the spindle rendering them pretty useless
    for holding liquids.
  • edited September 2015

Riscardo said:

I have a copy of Darrell Banks 45 ‘Open The Door To Your Heart’/‘Our Love’ somewhere

Only one known copy of an issue on London, sold a few months back for around £14,543 Demos go for around £1000 these days or you can buy an original US copy on Revilot records for around a tenner :-)
  • Riscardo said:

Only one known copy of an issue on London, sold a few months back for around £26000 (26 Thousand !!! ) Demos go for around £1000 these days or you can buy an original US copy on Revilot records for around a tenner :-)
    I've had my Stateside single since 1966. Dave Godin gave it a wonderful review in one of the soul magazines he produced from his home in Bexleyheath in the 1960's. I bought the record and have loved it ever since. Darrell made some wonderful records but died tragically, very young.
  • Got approx 4,500 singles and a friend who's much younger than me and an ex-pro DJ looked a few up - I have some gems, but it would take me the rest of my life to sort through all the dross! And anyway, I still play them occasionally.

Amy Winehouse is valuable because a) she died b) people are interested in her and c) they didn't make many pressings.

The Beatles tend not to be valuable because so many copies were made and sold.
  • I have a Police record (no comments please) shaped like an American police badge with Roxanne on one side and can't stand losing you on the other. Plus a load of coloured vinyl and picture discs.

No idea what there worth but my kids will find out when I die.
  • theres teenagers reading this thread saying wtf they on about lol

There's old farts reading the SNES thread saying exactly the same :)
  • Some great stuff on that site.
    This would be ideal for me, as I am seeing Rory's brother/mananger on Saturday.
    https://gripsweat.com/item/231347861781/rory-gallagher-1971-debut-lp-uk-1st-press-polydor-one-play-ever-100-mint-minus
    Rory's first album with his new band, after taste.
    Not really interested in rare stuff because it was released in the USA, or where ever and the price is sky high because it has blue lettering or something,
    Saw a copy of Axis with the insert in mint condition in mono as well,
    I have worn out two copies of Electric Ladyland, original Track first pressing,bought from RACS Woolwich in brown paper bag!
    Bought 'All along the watchtower' from the 'record shop' on the day of release from the record shop in Church lane, anyone remember that place.!
  • My family home got burgled when I was about 9 and my dads life long collection of vinyl got nicked, about 1000 in total. The first and only time I've seen him cry.