Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phil Chapple joining Fulham?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Phil for everything you have done for the Addicks and hope you are moving on for the right reasons, at the end of the day everyone needs a new challenge and a change of surroundings.
  • Options

at the end of the day everyone needs a new challenge and a change of surroundings.

agreed , all the best and many thanks Roland and Katrien
  • Options
    Do we have clarity on who he scouted for us yet ?
  • Options

Bit of a kick in the nuts, but I'm not really surprised to be honest, I bet he got fed up of recommending players, to then be usurped by incoming players,from foreign shores, that he had no say in,probably thought , what is the point of being here?

Nail on head.
  • Options
    Mick Everett ‏@Addickted05 4m4 minutes ago Gillingham, England
    Today Phil Chapple's last day at CAFC Good colleague who will be missed. 14 years service, 5 as player and 9 as scout. Best of luck Phil.

That's that then.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

would be interested to see the list of players we'd signed that were as a direct recommendation of him

Possibly none of the players signed from foreign clubs and the goalkeepers. The rest would be the likes of Johnson, Eagles, Bikey and the league one winning squad in conjunction with Powell and Dyer.
    if so then you also have to say the Championship relegation squad under Pardew. Swings and roundabouts and all that.
    Chief Scout since 2007 so that is possible.
    So that would include such starlets as Wade Small, Andy Gray, Dorian Smith, Izale McLeod, Stuart Fleetwood, the South African guy, Tresor Kandol, Pawel Abbott, Dean Sinclair and many many more.
    Izale Mcleod Scored 54 goals in 117 aps for Milton Keynes. 2004-2007.
    nearly 1 goal every 2 games.
    Why wouldn't that be worth a punt in 2007.

Andy Gray scored 25 in 60 aps for Burnley 2006-2008.
    1 goal every 2 and a half games.
    why wouldn't that be worth a punt in 2008.

Tresol Kandol had just scored 8 goals in 18 apps for Millwall on loan.
    nearly 1 goal every 2 games.
    why wouldn't that be worth a punt in 2009.

Stuart Fleetwood scored 28 goals in 41 Apps for Forest Green.
    1 goal every 1 and a half games.
    why would'nt that be worth a punt in 2008, when he was only 22.
    he only made 1 app for us.

Pavel Abbott scored 44 goals in 105 apps for Huddersfield 2004-2007
    1 goal every 2 and a half matches plus 13 in 39 at Oldham. 1 in 3. 2009/10
    Why wouldn't that be worth a punt in 2010.

The high turnover of Players which Chapple and CP signed and who hit the ground running in our League 1 winning side was a fantastic achievement.

The players not making it at CAFC may be more to do with the manager at the time, not the head scout.
    You will always have duds, every clubs does.

Don't forget the effect of the destructive attitude adopted towards some players, by a not insignificant section of our fans (NOT SUPPORTERS), when they choose to scapegoat particular team members.
  • Options
    *****Breaking News******

@CAFCoffical stand by for news of our new chief scout....

Roland Dutchalet has moved quickly to replace Phil with Poirot. Poirot's conventional, clue-based and logical approach to solving crimes and use of "the little grey cells" and "order and method" is greatly admired by RD. RD expects a significant improvement in painstakingly examining crime scenes, as Poirot inquires into the nature of the victim or the psychology of the murderer
  • Options

ross1 said:

No doubt Curbs is behind his move to Fulham, and I think Curbs may have an idea who makes a good scout and knows what they are doing.

"No doubt" is a bit strong. Curbs obviously has recent connections to Fulham, but he's not there now and I am not sure what he would know about Phil Chapple as a scout.
    Curbs on SSN and is introduced as Fulham Technical director, and is saying how he is looking forward to Sunday and getting 3 points for Fulham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

No doubt Curbs is behind his move to Fulham, and I think Curbs may have an idea who makes a good scout and knows what they are doing.

"No doubt" is a bit strong. Curbs obviously has recent connections to Fulham, but he's not there now and I am not sure what he would know about Phil Chapple as a scout.
    Curbs on SSN and is introduced as Fulham Technical director, and is saying how he is looking forward to Sunday and getting 3 points for Fulham
    Fair enough. Interesting.
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-phil-chapple-fulham-departs-2729282.aspx#Vj8exX9Yk6zFqdJm.99

Glad to see I was wrong and Phil got a proper send off.

Good luck to Mark Stow.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    so much time spent away from home ?

Stow away

• Options

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-phil-chapple-fulham-departs-2729282.aspx#Vj8exX9Yk6zFqdJm.99

Glad to see I was wrong and Phil got a proper send off.

Good luck to Mark Stow.

Good to see ... so appears to be an amicable parting of the ways
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt for charlton! His posts about tactics are always so so brilliant.
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt for charlton! His posts about tactics are always so so brilliant.

He was a scout so he's qualified.
  • Options
    Mark stow recently replaced Paul senior who went to Sheffield Wednesday. So who will be the new recruitment officer for the academy.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Mark stow recently replaced Paul senior who went to Sheffield Wednesday. So who will be the new recruitment officer for the academy.

He's doing both.
  • Options
    Busy boy then. Good luck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    markmc68 said:

Busy boy then. Good luck

Lot easier now though with the Academy and first team being one and the same.