Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walford Underground Station

13»

Comments

• Options
    Well Roding Valley is the station with least passengers on the underground
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Here's one for you.
    What station does not have ticket barriers?
    There is only one.

Stratford High Street on the DLR
    London Underground station only - with no ticket barriers.
    None of the above correct.
    Unless you have personally been to every tube station and verified this how are we meant to believe you over any other source on the Internet?
    I have. I am part of the Ticket Office closure program.
    Part of the closures mean that a viewing window needs to be provided over the ticket gates, except for this station as it has no barriers.

It is on the Central Line
    Oxford Circus?
  • Options
    We have a winner. Mr one lung
  • Options

Here's one for you.
    What station does not have ticket barriers?
    There is only one.

According to Wikipedia there is 11 others.
  • Options
    I said Roding Valley, albeit with spoilers and I cheated.
  • Options
    Whitechapel is about the only station where to get from the underground to the overground, you go down stairs.

In reality, quite a bit of the 'underground' network is above ground (especially bits at the north end of the northern line/ east and west end of the central line, which were taken over from main line railway companies shortly before / after WW2, and the outer ends of the metropolitan and district lines)

What's rarer (there are only two) is stations where you can go up an escalator from street level to platform level at an underground station...
  • Options

What's rarer (there are only two) is stations where you can go up an escalator from street level to platform level at an underground station...

Stratford and ruislip manor plus I've been to at least one more recently I'm sure, just can't remember where
  • Options
    rina said:

Stratford and ruislip manor plus I've been to at least one more recently I'm sure, just can't remember where
    Canning Town?
  • Options
    Greenford is definitely one.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    csr_cafc said:

Greenford is definitely one.

bugger, in that case my answer is wrong. I knew it was either ruislip manor or greenford and plumped for the wrong one. ruislip manor must just be stairs up to the platform. Stratford's definitely right though