Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Walford Underground Station

Is Walford the only London Underground station, that you enter by going upstairs ?

Comments

• No. Pretty sure leytonstone is another
  • Bugger, I thought I was onto something.
  • The list is endless
  • It'll be the only station open during the strikes
  • West Ham district line I'm pretty sure you go upstairs, Stratford central line is up some stairs too
  • White city, harrow on the hill, ruislip gardens, south ruislip
    I'm bored now
  • Latimer Road - or at least it did when I visited that hell hole for my accountancy training - never been back since.
  • Hainault.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cannons Park
  • Choo choo.

I thought I would get coated, but no.

Everyone loves a train thread.
  • I've just worked out where my loathing of QPR comes from.
  • Upminster
  • I don't recall going upstairs to White City (although I've no doubt you are correct).

However, not being an Eastender or Westender, I haven't been to all these other stations in the arse end of nowhere.

Apologies to anyone living in arse end :smile:
  • Where the hell is Walford?
  • Careful we will get a reputation for train(station)spotting.

What ? A man so involved with The Olympic Stadium, doesn't know where Walford is ?
    I know you don't like me effing and jeffing but I have never ever effing heard of anywhere called Walford in London. Where is it? And why would anyone go there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Walford East
  • lol I had to look it up as well

What ? A man so involved with The Olympic Stadium, doesn't know where Walford is ?
    I know you don't like me effing and jeffing but I have never ever effing heard of anywhere called Walford in London. Where is it? And why would anyone go there?
    It's quite near The Olympic Stadium. It has a decent market.
  • A Russian lady who has been over here for a number of years told me that life in Walford baffled her.....she put it rather like-

" The people on there, they rob each other, cheat with each others wives, kill each other - then they all go down the pub together. Crazy! In Russia it would be Hey you - BOOM!"
  • edited August 2015
    Only 45 per cent of the Underground is actually in tunnels.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/london/9789966/London-Underground-150-fascinating-Tube-facts.html

choo choo Addicks!

BTW. The 1st fact is the best fact.
    No 88. is relevant to this thread.

• Ravenscourt Park, Stamford Brook and Turnham Green are all elevated, as is Putney Bridge (for Fulham). Parsons Green and I think Golders Green are also upstairs, as of course is quite a lot of the DLR.
  • Got a good story about that station before a midweek game there, but I won't go into full details and tarnish my good reputation
  • 29 comments about trains, and still no photos?