Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derby Away Roll Call

Comments

• 818 away fans :-(

29,000+ crowd for Derby, very impressive
  • People saving themselves for the forest game Tuesday night.
  • Well done lads and lasses.
    Sorry I couldn't join you , but holidaying in sunnier climates.
  • How many were at derby ?
  • 818 away fans :-(

29,000+ crowd for Derby, very impressive

• Thanks ooh ahh. Not a bad turn out. I've been to the old baseball and we have had 200 fans.
  • markmc68 said:

Thanks ooh ahh. Not a bad turn out. I've been to the old baseball and we have had 200 fans.

Yep same here but that was well before football became fashionable and Nigel Callaghans barnet was fashionable
  • 1 coach

We would possibly have had another couple if organised better.

We really should have had a thousand yesterday, so I imagine there will not be too many going to Nottingham on Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1 coach

We would possibly have had another couple if organised better.

We really should have had a thousand yesterday, so I imagine there will not be too many going to Nottingham on Tuesday.
    Giving the coach a miss this time booked train and a room for the night.
  • 4,131 Leeds at Reading today for a Sunday game. Say what you like about that club, but their away support is amazing
  • edited August 2015
    One team in the city makes it easier, plus their former glory years means they can draw at least a few hundred locally based supports to any away game.

I also firmly believe that there is also more of an away day culture up north. Brighton are the except to this, their away numbers coming from their days at the Withdean.
  • If we take numbers away this weekend and numbers at home last weekend for us and leeds. 4.2% of our home support went to derby and 14.9% of the leeds home support went to Reading. They're support isn't just bigger, it's more committed too.
  • edited August 2015
    Good away day, the Brunswick is a great pub - wish we'd stayed there. We went to the Victoria Waterfall to watch the football but they wouldn't let us in (home only) and were directed to the designated away pub, the Royal Telegraph which was dire.
  • Very good support from Derby yesterday.
  • Very good support from Derby yesterday.

Yes. Top folk are the Derby people/fans. I could live there, if I had to move to the East Midlands.
  • Marginally off topic but over 11k at Millwall yesterday - they wouldn't have had much more last season would they ?
  • Sponsored links:

• On an awayday marks thread, Derby would do well. Plenty of good pub options. Stadium and atmosphere better than most and fans are ok too. Just be nice to win there a bit more often.
  • edited August 2015

PL54 said:

Marginally off topic but over 11k at Millwall yesterday - they wouldn't have had much more last season would they ?

We won't get close to 11k again this season if we keep up that sort of performance.

Unless Charlton, West Ham and Palace fans start to come for an afternoon comedy.
    I went past on the train on Saturday and said to my mate it looked pretty busy. I expect Coventry brought a fair number though.
  • ChiAddick said:

PL54 said:

Marginally off topic but over 11k at Millwall yesterday - they wouldn't have had much more last season would they ?

We won't get close to 11k again this season if we keep up that sort of performance.

Unless Charlton, West Ham and Palace fans start to come for an afternoon comedy.
    I went past on the train on Saturday and said to my mate it looked pretty busy. I expect Coventry brought a fair number though.
    About 1k.
  • LouisMend said:

se9addick said:

Good away day, the Brunswick is a great pub - wish we'd stayed there. We went to the Victoria Waterfall to watch the football but they wouldn't let us in (home only) and were directed to the designated away pub, the Royal Telegraph which was dire.

The landlord of that pub offered me out on Twitter on Friday because I moaned the weather was bleak when we arrived Friday lunchtime.
    Ha - had to go and take a look - found this Tweet describing it as "Derbys very own city centre oasis" !
  • LouisMend said:

se9addick said:

The landlord of that pub offered me out on Twitter on Friday because I moaned the weather was bleak when we arrived Friday lunchtime.
    That debacle made me not go to that pub and instead I went to the other police recommended away pub (the navigation) and it was absolutely awful.
  • LouisMend said:

se9addick said:

Probably the same bloke who got over-excited because I had a glass in the beer garden.

Derby is a top away day though - first time I had been there since we were in the Premier League (Jason Euell's first goal). Enjoyed it so much that we're looking at doing Wolves next week and we've already booked up the train for Cardiff.
  • Aren't all police recommended away pubs awful ?

There are so many superb Derby pubs it's untrue.
  • The Brunswick was spot on