Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Other club Forums

Comments

• We've faced teams that finished last season:

Blackburn (15th) | Stoke (16th) | Barnsley (2nd*) | Nottingham Forest (9th) | Brentford (11th) | Reading (20th)

Bit of a mixture so far but seeing we pretty much destroyed Forest in the First-Half who have so far been our hardest opponents

Bring it on!!

• Negative!!! 

So pleased we pissed them off :-)
  • stonemuse said:

Negative!!! 

So pleased we pissed them off :-)
    It's funny that poster accepts they are worse than a "shit negative side". Hardly a ringing endorsement of the Biscuitmen is it.
  • edited August 2019

Negative? We didn't score one and then sit back, we could/should have had 4 ffs!
  • Ha ha negative! What a fucking clown.

Did he see our football v Forest?

We're the second top scorers in the division and only 5 teams in the entire football league have scored more than us.
  • DRAddick said:
    TBF there are more positive comments towards us than negative ones on there. 
    This
  • Sponsored links:

• I like the guy who says:

"Losing to a team 2nd in the league is not a disgrace. We’re an evolving team and there’s always the chance we’re going to have poor performances"

That's a bit rose-tinted. We're 6 games in and it's still August, so second means nothing, and if they're an evolving team, what the hell are we? 6 of todays squad weren't even here last month!
  • It's all because -
    Now we've got Lee Bowyer
    Were f**king dynamite 
  • Hound
    genome
    CountryRoyalWe were shit, Charlton were were shit. Lucky goal changed the game and we didn’t do enough to get back into it.

Couldn’t disagree more that Charlton were shit. Defensively strong, nullified our system brilliantly and were more than the sum of their parts. Fortunate goals but they earned it.

They had the bit of luck we didn’t but they played well. They actually countered out system pretty successfully

Yep. Closed out our strengths and targeted our weaknesses really well.

Team who is used to winning.
  • edited September 2019
    Some positive comments on there but also the usual "hard working but very limited side". Sure I've heard fans from every team we've played (except maybe Forest) say the same thing. Makes me laugh how we can be 2nd and unbeaten at this stage with a supposedly very limited team. 
  • It's easy and lazy to dismiss our win to be honest, if that's the most positive thing some of their fans can get from yesterday then let them. In their eyes it is probably 'League 1 team beat us, couldn't be because they play good football as they are league 1'

We switched and transitioned the play so well at various points yesterday which opened them up. Their passing in the second half was so bad their own fans turned on them. Yes they were poor but as one of those users said, we knew how to exploit and nullify their strengths. Excellent management by Bowyer.... As per usual. 

• I dont understand how we're a limited side?

What does that even mean
    It means they can't understand how their 7m signing and co. (who are supposed to waltz their way through little old Charlton) couldn't score a goal on our well drilled and intelligent side.
    Said it a couple of times but that £7m for Lucas Joao is a perfect example of how transfer fees are just bonkers at this level

Its probably the best thing about our budget in the sense that we cant be wasteful; else I'd be going for a lie down if we spent that sort of fee on someone like him
    Their FFP embargo got lifted and they went and spunked 5m on Joao, 7.5m on Puscas... they couldn't score against Dill (academy), Solls (academy), Pearce (500k?), Lockyer (free) and Purrington (300k).

Lee Bowyer is magic.
    Maybe that wanker Driesen is moonlighting & scouting for Reading ?
  • Uboat said:
    It's a standard football fan response: 'You were shit and we were worse'. 
    "Couldn't hear their fans all game" is another one that always gets said, usually when you've outsung them for 90 minutes straight.
  • Limited side lool, we tore them to shreds second half, only players I would take from them is John Swift and Puscas, just to have options on the bench lol
  • Croydon said:
    Uboat said:
    It's a standard football fan response: 'You were shit and we were worse'. 
    "Couldn't hear their fans all game" is another one that always gets said, usually when you've outsung them for 90 minutes straight.
    And then another says 'who let them bring a fkin drum in' 

• I think some people are incapable of watching a game of football and making a reasonable judgement. Some because they are too biased towards one side (no problem with this at all, supporting one team above all others is what football's all about), some because they don't have a good enough understanding of the game.  Rather than base their opinions on what happens on the field, their opinions are driven by a limited stereotype based on recent history. We've just spent three years in League One, so the stereotype says that we must be technically limited.  It'll take time to change this, but I think that particular view will start to drop away if we are still at the top come Christmas.

• Sponsored links:

• Stig said:
    I think some people are incapable of watching a game of football and making a reasonable judgement. Some because they are too biased towards one side (no problem with this at all, supporting one team above all others is what football's all about), some because they don't have a good enough understanding of the game.  Rather than base their opinions on what happens on the field, their opinions are driven by a limited stereotype based on recent history. We've just spent three years in League One, so the stereotype says that we must be technically limited.  It'll take time to change this, but I think that particular view will start to drop away if we are still at the top come Christmas.

If?
  • Fuck em all!
  • Scoham said:
    Stig said:
    I think some people are incapable of watching a game of football and making a reasonable judgement. Some because they are too biased towards one side (no problem with this at all, supporting one team above all others is what football's all about), some because they don't have a good enough understanding of the game.  Rather than base their opinions on what happens on the field, their opinions are driven by a limited stereotype based on recent history. We've just spent three years in League One, so the stereotype says that we must be technically limited.  It'll take time to change this, but I think that particular view will start to drop away if we are still at the top come Christmas.

If?
    Well, it can only be if with our League One technical limitations.  ;)
  • Favourite comment of mine from their forum is

Charlton won't be anywhere near the top 6. Reminded me of Bolton except they'll be mid table at best. They had no quality whatsoever. Not to take anything away from them. We had more class. We just showed up expecting to win and were sucker punched. Their negative anti-football tactics won them that. We weren't outclassed. Just had a poor day at the office.”

Tbf though, that isn’t an accurate reflection of the fan’s views. Majority of them are giving us the credit we deserve, and are holding their hands up for underestimating us
  • Some of us do it too. It is called being bad losers and it is understandable because we all feel like saying something negative when we are hurting. Some just force themselves to rise above it. Had we lost yesterday, they would be saying we were a decent side and will do alright. It happens in all levels of football. I think it's great.
  • Worth a look on the forum itself, as others have said most of the comments are very complimentary - esp. about the travelling support. Nice to read. 
  • Noticed one of them said they never heard the Charlton fans till we scored and there on after they were only louder because we were winning.

Only explanation for that is that user must have got to the game on the 50th minute. 
  • hermann said:
    Worth a look on the forum itself, as others have said most of the comments are very complimentary - esp. about the travelling support. Nice to read. 
    yup, there's some good stuff on there